Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 3/6/2015 1:44:00 AM

This stuff can be summarized in one word: Bulletproof.

For those who require more than a one word review:

I got this about 8 months ago, during my endless search for the perfect foundation. I've bought many foundations before, and many since, yet I kept coming back to the Revlon colorstay whipped. But no matter how many times I tried it, my opinion remained the same: meh. I just couldn't get it to work for my dry skin, and I really wanted to love it. Finally, about a month ago, I started crawling the Internet for reviews and demos about it. After a few days of experimentation, I finally found the secret to making this work and now I'm obsessed with it. It's all about how you prime and apply.

First of all, this cakes up badly if you try to apply it to dry, unmoisturized skin. It looks like a mask, it blends badly and it sits in pores. But if you moisturize well and prep with a good silicone based primer, you're golden.

The consistency reminds me of pudding. Or putty even. First I smooth a thin layer of the foundation over my skin. Putting one thick layer on is a sure fire way to achieve cake face. I let it dry for a bit, then I pat a second thin, even layer onto my face with my fingers and it just melts down into my skin like butter, giving a semi-matte kind of finish.

This stands up to heat, humidity and my extensive facial sweating for hours on end. It doesn't transfer and it doesn't oxidize. Like I said, bulletproof.

on 3/5/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG for me.

I used to want something with maximum coverage, but as I get older I realize it just makes me look, well, older. I have been using this for a few years, loving the coverage, but recently decided to go lighter because the Retin A I'm using has improved my skin.

I now concentrate application on the center of my face (for me, my fingers are the best application) and sheer it out toward the edges of my face. I do have to use a mineral powder around my nose (broken capillaries) but it gives enough cover and still looks natural.

It's also the only foundation I can use if my face is peeling from an AHA peel (a high % peel) or overdoing it on the Retin A or other active that doesn't make my skin look truly terrible.

It has no sunscreen, which is a plus for me. I use Avobenzone in some sunscreens and some sunscreens in foundations make it unstable.

It's versatile - you can sheer it out or use a few layers for maximum coverage. I am guessing oily-skinned gals won't really care for it, though.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

One of my most favourite, if not a HG foundation. Discovered this 2 years ago and have been consistently using it since. I'm in the shade 240 Natural Beige. The texture is just what the name states: it's a whipped foundation, similar to a mousse but creamier. I use either a stippling or buffing brush to apply, and I find that a brush is the best and easiest way to work this in after dotting the product evenly on my face. Coverage is medium-full, and I usually don't feel the need to conceal after. I don't have any major blemishes, just some minor acne scarring, so one layer is usually enough. It will accentuate dry patches, so make sure to moisturize well prior. It has a lovely matte finish that doesn't leave my face looking flat. It keeps my oils at bay, and whatever peeks through only leaves a luminous finish. Regardless of the temperature (granted that it isn't in the extremes), this will wear beautifully throughout the day. I'd even say it just keeps looking better the longer I have it on. My only gripe is the packaging: the inside of the plastic lid has cracked on me numerous times and now it's just really awkward to close lol. Also the glass jar is extremely bulky and heavy, not travel friendly. Other than that, a great foundation!

on 3/3/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Right now, this is the best one-step, full-coverage foundation I own.

My skin type: oily and acne-prone, with easily congested pores.

Preferred application method: I use a triangular wedge, the kind you can buy at any drugstore. I dampen it using water from my tap. I then take some of the CS and place it on the back of my hand. I dip the flat base of the wedge into the CS, and then stipple all over my face. This sets quickly, so I keep one of those buffing brushes nearby--I use the Sonia Kashuk Duo Fiber Multipurpose (whew, what a mouthful!), which I'm mentioning just so you can Google and see what kind of brush I'm talking about. So I'll stipple the CS over, say, my chin, then immediately buff with the brush. Then I repeat the process on my left cheek, right cheek, forehead, and nose. Buffing it in fills my pores, and kind of smooths out my skin texture. After all this, I set with powder.

Pros: This stuff DOES NOT BUDGE. For the record I hated liquid CS because it always caked up on me. The whipped CS does not, if I'm careful. I wore this foundation to Disney World last year. In 90+ weather. I sweated--oh, did I sweat. But my makeup did not budge. I blotted my sweaty face with tissues, and my skin looked glowy rather than a runny streaky hot mess. I have a lot of active blemishes and dark spots to cover up, and this'll do it.

Cons: It can cake in the sides on my nose and areas where I have blackheads. It also seems to ball up over my primer, so I have to go without. And, I always have to properly remove it--no lazy washing it off at night, or I'll get congested pores. I either use a cleansing balm followed by my regular cleanser, or I use my Clarisonic.

Overall: 4/5. 'Course, I'm waiting on my Etude House foundation to arrive so I can see if that outperforms this one, but for now, Whipped CS is my best DS bet to an almost flawless complexion.

on 3/1/2015 3:45:00 PM

This is the best full coverage foundation I've tried. As far as I know it does not contain sunscreen, so if you wear it during the daytime you'll have to use a separate ss.
It blends very easily using a damp BeautyBlender sponge, it is long wearing and doesn't oxidize throughout the day, and it doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts. My only minor complaint is about the jar container. It would be more sanitary if this came in a tube. I will definitely repurchase and I've recommended this foundation to several people, all of whom have really liked it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Good enough, but not that amazing. Medium coverage, medium oil-control, sometimes a bit flaky. The packaging is good, but not convenient to bring to travel.

on 2/10/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I have to jump on the bandwagon here. I've tried so many foundations, HE and DS and everything in between. Used the Colorstay liquid for a long time and still do in the summer, but this whipped product is the absolute best for natural looking medium-full coverage that stays all day. It doesn't break down, accentuate pores/lines or become cakey. Lately I've been on an HG foundation quest (obsession) and I keep coming back to Revlon ColorStay products. Nothing I've found can beat them.

I have very light olive, sensitive skin that breaks out easily. I have dry patches but an oily t-zone, melasma and blotchy red areas, plus my skin has started to dry out and become more crepey due to age. So, I've moved from medium/light coverage foundation to full-coverage products. Most foundations cause me to have breakouts or irritated skin, and many accentuate fine lines and pores, making my skin look drier than it is. For some reason the Revlon products have not caused any skin problems at all. Colorstay Whipped gives me the fuller coverage I want and a natural, younger look at the same time. The Buff color in this is a perfect match for my NC15 skin.

I use a light moisturizer, then Almay SmartShade Luminous CC primer and let it set for a few minutes. Then I apply the ColorStay Whipped with my fingers, patting a very light layer over my face. If I start out too heavy, it can appear mask-like and crepey. But applied sparingly and correctly over moisturized skin, this is the perfect foundation for me. HG for sure, no matter how hard I try to find something better.

on 2/7/2015 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

When Revlon reformulated ColorStay to the now 24HR label one a while ago, they also decreased the coverage. That's where the whipped one comes in (the higher coverage), and from the consensus I got, it was better than liquid version anyways.

PROS: It covers a lot. The finish is nice IF my skin is really moisturized.

CONS: The color. I'm super pale, leaning neutral to olive, and have it in Buff. It looks like it may be light enough in the package and when first applied, but it oxidizes hours later. What's worse is that the undertone is the standard "warmed up" neutral color, like too peachy for me. I have put a mint green (cool tone) concealer all over it and it worked wonders, but that product is stupidly expensive to be used on a daily basis. The finish is also... it dries powdery and can very easily get cakey. I'm honestly not a fan of the whippedness either, I feel I have to use a lot more vs a fluid foundation. You don't even get 1 oz either.

OTHER: Holds up ok. I try to super set my stuff once and then am fine with it "slowly" breaking down.

on 2/5/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this foundation! This is way better than most of the high-end brands I own. The color matches my skin to a tee. The only set back is it take a lot to build to a good coverage. This is my go to for a everyday look. I highly recommend it to people with dry skin, because it doesn't dry the skin out.

on 2/4/2015 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this foundation. It looks like it would be very heavy but it isn't. I find you can build on it or add in with your facial moisturizer for a light coverage. I have EXTREMELY dry skin and it doesn't cause a flaky build up like most foundations do. The biggest plus for me is it DOESN"T CAUSE BREAKOUTS! Loving on the nude color and it last a while.

Popular Crème Foundations