November 23, 2014 | 1979 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

One thing that I hate the most about this product is that is comes in a glass jar which is not biodegradable! It will sit in a landfill waaaaay long after I'm dead and people probably won't even need makeup by the time it degrades, because of transhumanism. Anyway.

It has a very rich and creamy texture, so it's more than easy to accidentally apply too much. So far, I have used a flat kabuki brush, my fingers, and an ecotools flat brush to apply this foundation. I think the ecotools flat brush has worked best for me so far.
It's like apply butter to my face. Both butter and this foundation have a greasy feel. You have to use a primer and a powder overtop to set this. I have naturally very dry skin and it doesn't help that I live in an all-year around desert region, but this foundation helps my skin feel moisturized while wearing it! It also blends flawlessly into my skin and it's very good at letting me use liquid bronzers and illuminators over top.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by darknessdarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Violet

Okay lemme start by saying this: I have NEVER, EVER, EVER in my like 10+ Years of wearing makeup ever had a foundation last as long on my skin as this. Never. I have oily, hormonal-acne ridden skin that also has large pores, reddish scars, and occasional dry patches. I can literally, if I do it right, go from 8AM-6PM without looking like a trashcan rolled in oil.

I mean, I really didn't think it was possible. I've tried many, many foundations. My go-to for a few years now has been True Match in W1, maybe W2 if I have a tan. Maybe. In this, I wear Buff/Chamois. It is a nice pale shade and blends out lighter than it looks in the jar. Ivory was far too pink for me. Buff has a yellowy undertone. I have tried some 'almost HE' brands like Clinique, but those too were a no-go.

I like the jar, BUT it is not a full ounce of foundation like most are sold as. .8, to be precise and I feel like for the price, the extra .2 would've been nice but at the same time, I love it SO much and I only ever buy it on sale at Rite Aid or Ulta, so it kind of evens out. I also dislike that the lid is plastic, but I'm just nit picking.

HINTS: DOOOO NOOOOOOTTTTTTT use a lot of this base!!! The first time I applied it, I used way, way, way too much. I looked like I was wearing a slick mask and it was awful. The trick to this is to 'dab' or 'tap,' if you will, the top of the foundation and then 'tap' it around your face. I start wth under my eyes and then go to forehead, etc. The texture is kinda gel-y...but like not pudding? But it's silky? I don't know, I've never used a foundation like this before it. True Match is very runny, and I was used to that but it never lasted more than about 2 hours before separating, 'lifting' from my skin and sinking into my pores. I tried to wear it the other day and was grossed out with myself in just a few hours.

The key, for me because i am oily and like very VERY full coverage, is to use a powder foundation on top. However, I am VERY light and careful when I do. Too much powder on top can make it appear mask like or strange. I use a damp blending sponge from RT and Physicians Formula pressed powder (not the mosaic, the speckly one) in Translucent Light. I don't sweep it on, I try to press it on gently in places like under my eyes and along my jaw, then will 'sweep' a little towards my neck to blend down and prevent weirdness. This gives me almost 100% coverage. Almost. If I have a particularly zit or a healing spot and it's very red, it does show through.

I love the way this foundation looks on my skin, but it looks best without a primer (weird, right?) and right after my moisturizer 'mattifies.' I used St. Ive's Collagen Elastin in the tub and it kind of soaks right into my skin and dries? but after that, this base will go on so beautifully. Again, for me. After three or so hours, it looks dewy and beautiful. I get shiny on my nose and between my brows still, but that's nothing a light dusting of loose powder won't fix (Usually the old lady smelling Coty brand. Idk why, I love it.)

The only Cons I see are the jar being less than an ounce, the crappy plastic lid, the lack of shades and that it does have some fragrance or something. The first few times I put it on, my eyes burned but now I have no problem at all. I do NOT think this would apply well with a blush, but it blends nice with a sponge. BUY THIS IF YOU SEE IT ON SALE. It runs for about $12-14 here and I can get it for like $9 if I find a good sale ad at Rite Aid or Ulta, or Ulta's coupons. It really is worth the $$ even not on sale! This is my new Holy Grail product. Actually my first I guess? I don't know, I just really love it. I kept talking about how pretty I felt to my boyfriend and he was like 'you've told me this like sixteen times already babe, I get it, makeup, yay.'

Other notes: I do not need to use concealer with it since i find it doesn't really blend well or adhere to each other? I typically get the coverage I need with this and the pressed powder. Again, use very light layers and build up if you can.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MirandaMMK

I have been through way too many different foundations and this is really great for combination skin and it works very well with my super dry areas just moisturizer first of course. it really doesn't come off it lasts forever it has very good coverage and isn't too thick or thin. my skin isn't bad for acne but I do cover my red cheeks and nose it's amazing just set with a powder. Good to go I only will get this for my foundation so they better not change it or discontinue lol

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by AmazingAnnie

my skin is acne prone and somewhat sensitive. I bought this in the color nude and thought it would a fantastic product because it was a hydrating foundation. Its okay not the best foundation. it kinda dries my skin out and it sticky. The amount in the bottle is very little. they don't fill it to the top like commercials or pictures portray. Maybe half. I give it a three. I would not recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by mysteeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely my HG foundation. I have olive/dry complexion & this foundation awes me. The finish is flawless & it lasts all day. The makeup actually looks progressively better the longer you wear it. I just hate that the color range is so limited, as usual medium-dark tones (&yellow undertones) hardly get any kind of selection. The packaging is bulky & heavy but very luxurious looking. I prefer this foundation applied with my (clean) fingertips oddly enough because I never like to use my hands for makeup application but I find the best coverage that way here. All in all, I always try new foundations but I always come back to the Revlon colorstay whipped creme!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really thought I hated this foundation but it turned out that I hated it because of the technique I was using to apply it: my hands or a cosmetic sponge, these two applications yielded no coverage for me. Then I tried my Real Techniques Expert Face brush and omg, I got great coverage! I was even able to apply a little bit more in areas that needed more coverage using my brush.
The color I use is Buff, the lightest color would of course have a cool, pale coloring to it so I knew I needed to go up one color so Buff was the only option. In other countries they have other color options like Ochre in Japan and China if I remember right but here in the US they don't have certain color options that other countries do.
I know some people are complaining about not being able to see the color through the jar but I wonder why some of you have not taken to Google images to see swatches of the colors of this foundation? That is how I knew Buff would be a good match for me, by looking at tons of swatches on Google. It's not a 100% perfect color match for me but I knew the palest color would be too pale and I would end up having a pink face with a neutral neck.
I have acne prone skin that is oily in certain spots. I don't think this will last 24 hours like the jar says, especially on an oil skinned gal like me. I do think I got some oil break through though, mostly on my forehead which is normal but nothing likes to stay on that area of my face when it comes to makeup so I can't fault that on this foundation.
I may or may decide to buy the palest shade and mix it with Buff cause I'm starting to get paler now that it's freezing outside and have little to now sun exposure now because I doubt Buff will look good on my skin once my skin gets lighter.
This doesn't oxidize at all on my face which is awesome cause I've had the hardest time finding foundation that doesn't oxidize and it doesn't matter if I use liquid foundation or mineral foundation.
I was using Lucy Minerals but took a break from it because my oils kept breaking it down and making it pool up in places. I still love Lucy Minerals but the buffing, mixing 2 shades together to get my perfect match, waiting for it to "warm up" on my face, waiting for my moisturizer to sink in before applying, trying to find ways to control my natural oils so it wouldn't break down, etc became too much for me so I sought out a liquid foundation to make my makeup routine easier and this is it. I will also be hopefully returning to the original Color Stay to see if I can get full coverage using my Real Techniques brush and if so then I will update my old review of it.
This leaves a matte-semi matte finish and I feel that the colors are forgiving too. I don't think this dries fast like others have stated, that is weird so I have no idea what some of those reviewers are talking about. I can take my time applying this, no problem. I use a q-tip to take a small amount out of the jar and apply the dollop to the back of my hand, dip my finger into the dollop on the back of my hand and dot in the area I'm going to be blending in first then use my brush in that area and continue down my face using that method; dot on face and blend using RT brush. No complaints about the packaging, I think Revlon probably has a reason that they chose to have it in a jar versus a bottle, besides, I like being able to get every last bit of product out of the jar, this stuff was nearly $5 more than the original Color Stay! I think I paid close to $15 for it at Walmart. Also, no breakouts from this so far! I will update this review if I need to.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by wiwi45678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gives medium-full coverage, depending on the amount of layers. Blends like butter, very smooth and optimal for finger blending or using a brush/sponge. Tip: Blend quickly because it dries fast. Only needed a little amount to cover a wide range of face. Does not cake up, make face oily, and has wonderful staying power. Wide ranges of colors to choose from, has a "Gel" like feel in the glass container.
Really, truly gives a flawless finish. Almost an airbush look. I love this foundation and although I still use Neutrogena Foundation as my HG, I would use this if I wanted a flawless and full coverage look. Wonderful, a little pricey for a drugstore brand, but still a GREAT foundation for those who want a high-end fancy foundation for half the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by drunkenpastels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- buildable coverage -- I have quite a bit of hyperpigmentation scars from previous breakouts and this product does a good job of covering it with just one layer.
- long lasting -- not sure if it really lasts for 24 hours (I would definitely not try to have it on for that long!) but it sure still looks reasonably good after 13 hours of wearing it
- felt nice on the skin and does not feel cakey -- my face felt like skin even with this foundation on, but beware to not have too many layers on as it might look cakey
- great texture -- felt very smooth and velvety

Cons:
- expensive (it was around US$25 in my country, but make-up products are generally more expensive here, even "drugstore" ones)
- horrible packaging -- I really hate how the product comes in a glass jar which is very unhygienic. Also, the cap breaks really easily in my case. When that happens, it's a big mess that I wish I didn't have to deal with.
- it clogs up my pores -- Since it is a long-wearing product, it does tend to clog up your pores, so you have to make sure to remove it properly at the end of the day.
- sometimes it tends to smell like chemicals throughout the day -- but this rarely happens

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Deanna2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to try this foundation after the hype on MU board and I really do like it. It reminds me of Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse Makeup (discontinued) except that it's less drying and more comfortable to wear. It blends nicely, although you have to work fast, because once it's set, there's no going back. It's very long-wearing and on my normal to combination skin, it lasts all day. But, unlike ColorStay for oily skin, it doesn't require makeup remover for removal. I just use my regular cleanser, water and a washcloth. However, I use a strong cleanser; if you use a gentle cleanser, you might need to use makeup remover first. I have it in Ivory, which is a good match for my fair skin. I would say the coverage is flexible. You can apply it with a damp sponge over moisturizer for a very sheer coverage, with fingers or a foundation brush for medium coverage or with a stippling brush for full coverage. It is buildable and I often go back over my under eye area for more coverage. Sometimes I noticed that it collects in my pores and makes them stand out. This is easily remedied by dabbing the area with a sponge.

The reason I won't be repurchasing this product is because of the packaging. I feel that it's very unsanitary to dip fingers or an applicator into a cream product like this. I tend to use my fingers to apply and although I always wash my hands first, I know that bacteria can linger on the skin. The Mineral Mousse makeup that I referred to above came in a tube and I LOVED it! It was precise, sanitary and there was no pump to clog. Perhaps Revlon is trying to compete with higher-end brands with elegant packaging and I get that. But for me, hygiene is a deal breaker.

So, to sum up:

PROS:
Blends well
Flexible coverage
Buildable
Creamy formula feels nice on the skin
Long-wearing

CONS:
Unhygienic packaging
Might require makeup remover, depending on your cleanser and how much you apply

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by meowsers2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation. I am a fan of Revlon foundations, in general, because most other drugstore brands are too pink for me. I need a warm color and they have a great variety of shades. They keep changing the name and number of my color, but I can usually find one that works well.

This foundation is very thick and creamy. I have combination skin which is dry and acne-prone in the cheeks. This foundation keeps those areas hydrated and supple. Provides medium to full coverage on discolorations. Very buildable coverage. I do have an oily t-zone and without powder on top, it gets very shiny in these areas. I use Wet n Wild coverall powder on t-zone over this foundation and it works very well. Stays looking fresh all day. What I love most about this foundation is that it truly is color stay. Does not wear off or rub off on clothes but it is very comfortable and feels like you're not wearing foundation.

I buy this whenever I can get it on sale. It is normally about $13 at Target or Walgreens. I buy it on sale at Kroger (grocery) for $10.

I do not much care for the packaging. Hate sticking my fingers into a jar, wish they could put this in a pump bottle.