Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

One of my most favourite, if not a HG foundation. Discovered this 2 years ago and have been consistently using it since. I'm in the shade 240 Natural Beige. The texture is just what the name states: it's a whipped foundation, similar to a mousse but creamier. I use either a stippling or buffing brush to apply, and I find that a brush is the best and easiest way to work this in after dotting the product evenly on my face. Coverage is medium-full, and I usually don't feel the need to conceal after. I don't have any major blemishes, just some minor acne scarring, so one layer is usually enough. It will accentuate dry patches, so make sure to moisturize well prior. It has a lovely matte finish that doesn't leave my face looking flat. It keeps my oils at bay, and whatever peeks through only leaves a luminous finish. Regardless of the temperature (granted that it isn't in the extremes), this will wear beautifully throughout the day. I'd even say it just keeps looking better the longer I have it on. My only gripe is the packaging: the inside of the plastic lid has cracked on me numerous times and now it's just really awkward to close lol. Also the glass jar is extremely bulky and heavy, not travel friendly. Other than that, a great foundation!

on 3/3/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Right now, this is the best one-step, full-coverage foundation I own.

My skin type: oily and acne-prone, with easily congested pores.

Preferred application method: I use a triangular wedge, the kind you can buy at any drugstore. I dampen it using water from my tap. I then take some of the CS and place it on the back of my hand. I dip the flat base of the wedge into the CS, and then stipple all over my face. This sets quickly, so I keep one of those buffing brushes nearby--I use the Sonia Kashuk Duo Fiber Multipurpose (whew, what a mouthful!), which I'm mentioning just so you can Google and see what kind of brush I'm talking about. So I'll stipple the CS over, say, my chin, then immediately buff with the brush. Then I repeat the process on my left cheek, right cheek, forehead, and nose. Buffing it in fills my pores, and kind of smooths out my skin texture. After all this, I set with powder.

Pros: This stuff DOES NOT BUDGE. For the record I hated liquid CS because it always caked up on me. The whipped CS does not, if I'm careful. I wore this foundation to Disney World last year. In 90+ weather. I sweated--oh, did I sweat. But my makeup did not budge. I blotted my sweaty face with tissues, and my skin looked glowy rather than a runny streaky hot mess. I have a lot of active blemishes and dark spots to cover up, and this'll do it.

Cons: It can cake in the sides on my nose and areas where I have blackheads. It also seems to ball up over my primer, so I have to go without. And, I always have to properly remove it--no lazy washing it off at night, or I'll get congested pores. I either use a cleansing balm followed by my regular cleanser, or I use my Clarisonic.

Overall: 4/5. 'Course, I'm waiting on my Etude House foundation to arrive so I can see if that outperforms this one, but for now, Whipped CS is my best DS bet to an almost flawless complexion.

on 3/1/2015 3:45:00 PM

This is the best full coverage foundation I've tried. As far as I know it does not contain sunscreen, so if you wear it during the daytime you'll have to use a separate ss.
It blends very easily using a damp BeautyBlender sponge, it is long wearing and doesn't oxidize throughout the day, and it doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts. My only minor complaint is about the jar container. It would be more sanitary if this came in a tube. I will definitely repurchase and I've recommended this foundation to several people, all of whom have really liked it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Good enough, but not that amazing. Medium coverage, medium oil-control, sometimes a bit flaky. The packaging is good, but not convenient to bring to travel.

on 2/10/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I have to jump on the bandwagon here. I've tried so many foundations, HE and DS and everything in between. Used the Colorstay liquid for a long time and still do in the summer, but this whipped product is the absolute best for natural looking medium-full coverage that stays all day. It doesn't break down, accentuate pores/lines or become cakey. Lately I've been on an HG foundation quest (obsession) and I keep coming back to Revlon ColorStay products. Nothing I've found can beat them.

I have very light olive, sensitive skin that breaks out easily. I have dry patches but an oily t-zone, melasma and blotchy red areas, plus my skin has started to dry out and become more crepey due to age. So, I've moved from medium/light coverage foundation to full-coverage products. Most foundations cause me to have breakouts or irritated skin, and many accentuate fine lines and pores, making my skin look drier than it is. For some reason the Revlon products have not caused any skin problems at all. Colorstay Whipped gives me the fuller coverage I want and a natural, younger look at the same time. The Buff color in this is a perfect match for my NC15 skin.

I use a light moisturizer, then Almay SmartShade Luminous CC primer and let it set for a few minutes. Then I apply the ColorStay Whipped with my fingers, patting a very light layer over my face. If I start out too heavy, it can appear mask-like and crepey. But applied sparingly and correctly over moisturized skin, this is the perfect foundation for me. HG for sure, no matter how hard I try to find something better.

on 2/7/2015 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

When Revlon reformulated ColorStay to the now 24HR label one a while ago, they also decreased the coverage. That's where the whipped one comes in (the higher coverage), and from the consensus I got, it was better than liquid version anyways.

PROS: It covers a lot. The finish is nice IF my skin is really moisturized.

CONS: The color. I'm super pale, leaning neutral to olive, and have it in Buff. It looks like it may be light enough in the package and when first applied, but it oxidizes hours later. What's worse is that the undertone is the standard "warmed up" neutral color, like too peachy for me. I have put a mint green (cool tone) concealer all over it and it worked wonders, but that product is stupidly expensive to be used on a daily basis. The finish is also... it dries powdery and can very easily get cakey. I'm honestly not a fan of the whippedness either, I feel I have to use a lot more vs a fluid foundation. You don't even get 1 oz either.

OTHER: Holds up ok. I try to super set my stuff once and then am fine with it "slowly" breaking down.

on 2/5/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this foundation! This is way better than most of the high-end brands I own. The color matches my skin to a tee. The only set back is it take a lot to build to a good coverage. This is my go to for a everyday look. I highly recommend it to people with dry skin, because it doesn't dry the skin out.

on 2/4/2015 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this foundation. It looks like it would be very heavy but it isn't. I find you can build on it or add in with your facial moisturizer for a light coverage. I have EXTREMELY dry skin and it doesn't cause a flaky build up like most foundations do. The biggest plus for me is it DOESN"T CAUSE BREAKOUTS! Loving on the nude color and it last a while.

on 2/2/2015 11:20:00 AM

it cloged my pores. I went for a date in a hot humid summer day wearing this and when I got the restaurant my male friend asked me why my face was broken (he meant like literally broken like glass). this is how serious its problem will ruin ur day. if u sweat a lot in summer, don't use this stuff .

on 2/2/2015 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

So I just revisited this foundation after a year of not using it... About a year ago I was looking for a HG liquid foundation, as my Bare Minerals was no longer cutting it for coverage and lasting power, and was trying a lot of products all at one time.

I remembered trying this product, not hating it, but trying a lot of other things, and I think this just got shoved into my makeup vault, only to be pulled out recently after watching some you tubers using this product.

For reference, I am NW 25 in MAC and I matched myself to the True Beige whipped Colorstay foundation. The color match is good and I do use some bronzer and highlighter to do a subtle contour and highlight (nothing crazy) this provides a nice even base for my skin. I wouldn't say that I have mature skin; however, it is not what it used to be. I have 3 lines (not fine, but not deep yet) on my forehead, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have combination skin, normal in the cheek and forehead area, oily in the TZone. I have melasma on both of my cheeks that resulted from sun exposure when I was pregnant. As well as red marks from blemishes from when I was a teenager.

(side note here: I never had "acne as a preteen or teenager, but once a month I would get a beautiful blemish on my cheek area. As a result of popping and picking these areas, I am left with red marks from the scarring. ) In addition to this, I do have broken capillaries on my upper cheeks and on the side of my nose.

Whew, I think I covered it all, and if I left details out I'm sorry. What I can say about this foundation is that it does provide decent coverage with minimal product. My HG foundation is the Smashbox 15 hour hydrating foundation; however, it is a bit pricey and was looking for a foundation that I could use daily... This fits the bill for me as it covers what I want for daily use. I want to note before I complete the review that I do think it's all about the primer with this foundation for staying power.

I used Smashbox's color correcting (silicone) and this slid off halfway through the day. The same thing happened when using It Cosmetic's primer serum. However, with Too Faced's Hangover Primer, stays beautifully and I still have that lit from within glow. I would recommend to those who are looking for a functional daily foundation. :)

Popular Crème Foundations