April 20, 2014 | 1782 users online

Styling Products - Giovanni - 2 chic Brazilian Keratin & Argan Oil Hair and Body Super Potion

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Freedom3033

I've used this for at least half a year, and it's brilliant. I've got very dry ends, and 2-3 pumps is just nice for me. Be careful though, I used it on my friend's hair which isn't dry, and half a pump was enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by maggiealisa

This stuff is great. I have short, coarse, wavy hair that I'm trying to grow out. I've been having to get trims every three weeks because my ends like to turn to straw very quickly, even though I take obsessive care of my hair. I found this at Whole Foods. It smells amazing, and feels very light. I put it in my damp hair, and let it air dry. This defines my waves and makes my ends super smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by hippups

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Only thing I don't like about this is the smell, but it doesn't seem to last on my hair. It makes my hair feel like it just got another keratin treatment. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by orch_id

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i got a few free samples of this from wholefoods last week and as soon as i go back i will totally be buying myself a bottle. i see that its only 8bucks for a bottle which is pretty decent considering that it will last a long time and the ingredients are so good. i thought it would just make my hair look oily, but instead it made it super shiny and soft, not stringy! also the fact that i can use it on my skin or hair always makes me happy- the more multitakers the better in my opinion :)

7.9.2013 edit
Still love this stuff for my hair, but my skin didn't really like it so I switched back to just using coconut oil at night. I love this for my hair so much though that I am considering trying out all the other products in the line to see if they can replace the other products I am using. The only thing I am hesitant to switch Is my shampoo since I get crazy dandruff if I stop using head and shoulders for more than 3 weeks. Maybe I'll try using the head and shoulders as a treatment once a week and use the shampoo from this line the rest of the week. I only wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week if I can help it since the more I wash the greasy-er my hair gets to compensate for losing its natural oils even though I try to replace them with stuff like this. I can't put this on my scalp though. I use it on the bottom half of my hair otherwise I get that gross stringy homeless vibe going if my hair is down. If I have an updo though then I can put it everywhere and it looks great. I am on my second bottle and will probably get my third before the month I up- that's how much I love this stuff :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by carolmaria

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Years of coloring, extreme stress, and the change of life have left my very fine hair brittle and breaking/falling out, and my scalp uncharacteristically dry and sensitive. I've just been squirting a small pump's worth of this oil on my fingertips and giving myself a scalp massage. Wonderful! I feel like my hair and scalp are coming back to life! Oil for everyone! It's very concentrated, so I use just a little - and it's too oily to put on the length of my hair. Your mileage and how you use it will certainly vary. For me, it's a great product! And I don't mind the scent at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bliss2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product may or may not work (so far I see no short term results) but as it is oil based the scent lasts a long time and sadly it smells like an air freshener in a public toilet. Will not buy again as it cheapens every other product / perfume I put on. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This serum is great. I put about 2-3 pumps of this in my hair when it's damp, comb it through, & let my hair air dry. This cuts down straightening time by a lot. One glide with my straightener gets my hair perfectly straight & sleek in one shot, without having to go over each section of hair multiple times. This doesn't make my hair oily or greasy either, which is great. If you use too much of this, it probably will make your hair oily. This was also very reasonably priced for such a high quality product. This is the 2nd Giovanni product I've used & I have to say, I've been very impressed with both. I will definitely be trying more products from this line. The only thing that turns me off about this product is the smell.....It's terrible & very strong. The smell does linger for about a day, then goes away after I straighten my hair. Other than that, this serum is amazing & I will definitely be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wasn't sure if I should list this under a styling product or a hair treatment. This does both! I've always wanted to use a serum that does not have silicone...pretty much mission impossible! If I use just a plain oil, my hair turns really greasy, no matter how little I use. With silicone serums, I don't like using it because it doesn't feel good in my hair, it's not doing anything good for my hair and I feel like it causes build up. I was happy to see that this doesn't have any silicone but was skeptical about how it would work. Once I tried it, I really do love this! I don't know how they did it but there is no silicones, it is a pure blend of oils but it doesn't leave my hair greasy. It helps get rid of frizz, moisturizes and makes my hair feel healthier overall. It also doesn't weigh hair down like silicones can. I use about 1 1/2 pumps and VERY lightly run it along my hair, concentrating on the ends. Obviously too much will make it look greasy so use sparingly. I am starting to become impressed with Giovanni products. I will definitely repurchase. PS. I almost forgot to mention, since this is also meant for the body, I just rub the extra on my cuticles/hands and it feels great!