April 25, 2014 | 925 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kayparisfilm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Reviewed below, meant to rate a 3, so rating a 2 to even it out. Sorry!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by jlxinle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a great fan of Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. The packaging is lovely and they have a large range of colours. It has a minty scent and moisturizes my lips well. The colour for Honey isn't too bold which is perfect for everyday use! I have completely stopped using my lip sticks ever since I got my hands on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

This color pulls more brown-purple on me upon application, but dries to a lovely and natural-looking rose. The balm component makes it easy to apply in a rush or without a mirror, and imparts a temporary peppermint sensation, which does sting or "bite" a little. The stain left behind wears comfortably, fades evenly, and lasts several hours and through meals. The retractable crayon is convenient for carrying with you and doesn't require a sharpener, but the plastic construction is lightweight and loose and the silver lettering rubs off quickly. I haven't had any problems with the product melting or the cap coming off in my bag.

I like Honey for layering under other brown-nudes and pinks. Most colors in the Just Bitten line seem too light or cool-toned to suit me, but for 10 I'm persuaded to try one of the reds next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is a serious MLBB color on me. I am a NW20 with very dark brown hair and hazel eyes. This is a rosy color on my lips and at first I thought I don't see any color. Then I noticed yes its just slightly darker than my natural color and enhances them.

It leaves a great stain and wears for hours. Very natural for me and an everyday color.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have these in three colours Crush, Charm and Honey.

Of the three shades only Crush works with my NC45 complexion and pigmented lips. Charm is super light and looks 'deathly' on pigmented lips. Honey goes on a lovely pinkish-brown nude but becomes a bright-ish pink stain. I don't mind the pink but the change in hue means I need to do much more upkeep on it e.g. a liner and gloss, which is annoying.

I purchased these hoping they'd be lasting colour without being drying and they don't work for that. Once the creamy application feel dries down I found these very uncomfortable to wear - more so than other stains. I have dry lips which can flake easily and these accentuate any rough spots. They will stay until removed in some sports and fade oddly in others so I have to continually retouch them.

I like the packaging, the price isn't bad and found them very easy to apply and I will use Honey and Crush until they run out but I wouldn't repurchase or recommend them.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by mia115

I love this product to the moon and back. its such a pretty colour and it lasts for the whole day. the balm itself disappears after a few hours but it leaves behind a beautiful stain. id say the cons about this is that its packaging is not near how little product there actually is. (not including the cap) this product ends a little before halfway the middle. if you hold it up to the light u can definitely see how mucb product you have. so thats kinds dissapointing but highly impressed. im going to try more shades like crush, cherish and romantic cuz I absolutely love this

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Purchased this in honey.

At first I really liked this product. It applies great, the packaging is great.
After a few hours wear, the color turns very BRIGHT on my lips. (not the more neutral pink I was expecting based on the packaging) It turns to a much warmer and more slightly red tone.

Disappointed because the initial color looks so gorgeous on my pale cool-toned skin. The formula is decent, I wouldn't say it moisturizes my lips, but it does not dry them. (a lot of products are too drying for me)

I started layering a slightly tinted gloss over the top of it, to tone down the bright stain color, just to use up the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

I love this stuff! I'm N15 with somewhat pigmented lips and this is a perfect MLBB shade on me. Reminds me a lot of MAC's syrup. Lasts a while and applies like a breeze.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Laceymacpherson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great mid-tone neutral pink

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Kaskelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip balm/stick is great except for the color. I loved it at first even though the color wasn't exactly what i expected due to the packaging. The outside suggests baby pink, the real product is darker mauvy-brown. Still when i put it on i really liked it. It was a great natural pinky mauve color that could be worn everyday. I say was because the color oxidizes or something as the balm dries on your lips and turns bright pink. It turns into this ugly hot pink mess that i never signed up for! Of course this could be fixed by reapplying, but I thought the point of a balm stain was so that you don't have to reapply every 30 minutes or be paranoid that your lips are a hot mess. The only reason I did not give it 1 lippy is because it is moisturizing and I like the feel of it on my lips. It's not a complete failure. Perhaps the other colors are better but I do not want to try them to see if they change colors too because they are too bright/dark/dead-looking for my tastes.