Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, BIS-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Squalane, BIS-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triisostearin, Diisostearyl Malate, Cera Microcrystallina ((Microcrystalline Wax) Cire Microcristalline), Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polyamide-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mentha Piperita ((Peppermint) Oil (Mentha Piperita Oil), Limonene, Sorbic Acid, May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)].

on 3/1/2015 12:57:00 PM

I'm going to go completely against popular opinion here and say, I really didn't like this. When I swatched this in the drugstore it looked pretty good, but when I applied it to my lips at home it was horrible. It's got a lot of blue tones to it, which had the result of making my lips look like I was suffering from frostbite!

Secondly, the scent - it's awful. It smells like really artificial mint and when you apply it, it makes your lips tingle which is something I'm not a fan of at all.

Finally the packaging - the lid cracked, which made the product dry out and then to add insult to injury, the twist up bit on the bottom broke so it twisted round and round but stopped pushing the product up. By that point I'd given up completely on this and won't be repurchasing or purchasing any other shades from this range either. Massive disappointment considering all the hype it's received!

on 2/20/2015 5:48:00 AM

Holy freaking lipstick heaven. I've found it! The lipstick I can wear with anything, to anything, anytime - and look amazing....Kinda blowing my smug little trumpet there but it's less about me and more about what this lipstick does to my face. The colour just works. It truly does. It's subtle yet beautiful and looks like you're wearing something but not too much; it's classy and understated and pretty. I will be repurchasing and repurchasing. Love love love and I carry it everywhere with me.

on 2/9/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a lovely lip color. It's like a neutral pinky color with just a hint of plumminess to it, making for a beautiful semi-opaque my-lips-but-better (I know that term is so overused) color. This is the type of color that literally every skin tone with every under tone can use. The formula is moisturizing and so long lasting because of the staining effects. It is smooth and creamy. The stain it leaves behind on my is a brighter sort of pink. The only qualm I have is with the packaging. While I love the twisty tube, I hate that so much juts out from the top. It makes it so easy to nick the product when you are taking the cap on and off. But it is such an awesome product, I recommend it fully.

on 2/8/2015 10:30:00 AM

Going against the grain on this one, but here goes...
I did not like this. First off, the color immediately turns a funny color on me....Not a natural color on me at all.

Second, the smell...I can't stand the smell..I am sorry.....but it lingers, too..:((
Third, this makes my lips tingle, and I am not a fan of that type of a lip product. This does not even 'plump' the lips, and if I am going to suffer a tingle, I better at least have some plumped-up lips..;)

Did I mention the color was bad on me....? Yeah. This looks completely garish on me (I am pretty fair, light-complected, NC20). Disappointed because this always looks so pretty on others...But I do find in general these balms from Revlon just do not work well for me and I always have the issues I listed, whether it is the original ones or the newer matte or glittery ones. Disappointed, because as I said, they always look so pretty on others. But these apparently just do not work well with my chemistry. I do have luck with the L'oreal Balms, Tarte lip surgences, and the Neutrogena balms/lip crayons and some other brands, so all is not lost..I still like the lip crayon idea..just not from this brand...

So, you've read plenty of great reviews of this product at this point. I agree with them. I will run out and buy another when this one dies. The one thing I don't like about it is it seems to be affected by the cold. So, if you go outside wearing it when it's around or below freezing, the color changes to a bright, chalky pink and won't change back (even when warmed). Luckily the stain left on your lips will be the right color, so you can wipe it off and reapply.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I only own honey and it's seriously holy grail. Such a beautiful mauve pink that goes with everything. It applies smooth and has a minty smell that tingles your lips lightly. And it really does "stain" your lips! My lips are still pink after removing with a makeup wipe at night and waking up the next morning. Honestly honey is a great color for everyday for any skin tone. I really suggest you pick it up!

on 1/26/2015 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

These Balm Stains feel good on the lips. Honey is a pretty pinky-mauve that lasts a fair amount of time and leaves my lips soft and smooth. The only caveat is that the stain that is left behind is a little bright, but I'm pretty good about reapplying. I will try some other colors from this line because I do love how my lips feel after wearing it.

on 1/24/2015 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love the shade, it's a tad darker than a nude more of a warm muted mauve. These remind me a lot of Tarte's lip stains but at a fraction of the price. Like Tartes product this also has a bit of a minty scent/taste to it. I was torn between this shade and the lacquer balm in Coquette, but Coquette seemed like it might be too light. Wear is a bit better than a traditional lipstick, but it won't last all day. The formula is quite smooth and glides on lips pretty easily, but there does seem to be the potential to drag on dry lips.

on 1/23/2015 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

If I could only have 1 lip product (aside from aquaphor), it would be this! Honey is a mauve neutral-toned deep pink. It's moisturizing and feel comfortable on the lips. It stays on for a good amount of time and of course the stain remains for at least 6 hours. You need to go out and get this!

This is a great product for the price. I have always liked the idea of lip stains but never the dry texture associated with them. The felt tip marker stains commonly would dry out in a couple weeks ending up in wasted product. I also could never find a lighter color that looked natural. I have a light skintone. Sephora would rate it 2R07, neutral/cool. "Nude" lip products are something I have a hard time with because my lips have a fair amount of natural pigment and I look strange when it veers too light or too warm. This color is sheer enough to look natural and actually is close to my lip color. I have tried on a hundred or so of these sticks from Clinique, Tarte, Stila, even Boots, NYC and Wet and Wild. Nothing comes close to this color. It goes on nicely, moisturizes, stays on a long time, is easy to apply and just looks plain nice which for 8 dollars is a great thing. The color went on a little darker on me then settled into my lip color. It's not nude in an Angelina Jolie sense. It's nude in a actual lip color way. It has neutral mauve undertones. I like it. I don't know about the other colors, they weren't what I was looking for. The product description is accurate, it is a balm stain.

Popular Lipsticks