IBD - Reconstrux

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is a product that requires dedication and time. This isn't an overnight success however I did notice positive results after two days.
What it is: Reconstrux with phytantriol will rebuild & renew nail growth in 30 days. This isn't a polish type product, it is an oil. Also, the bottle is TINY! 0.125 oz and retails for $6.99 @ Sally Beauty. The bottle claims the following:
•Enhance nail growth.
•Strengthens weak nails.
•Renew damaged nails.
•Intensify and encourage stronger harder new nail growth.
•Renew nails damaged by environmental stress or artificial nails.
It is recommended to use twice a day. Apply it to nails and around the cuticles. I suggest if you frequently wash your hands to apply it more often. I will apply up to 4x a day depending on how much I'm washing my hands. Also, you want to make sure the product sinks into the nail area completely before working with your hands. It takes about 5 minutes to fully penetrate the nail and cuticle area.
Obviously, this is a first impression review so I will update after each month with progress reports.
2ND DAY REVIEW:
Nail Health: Prior to this product, I had two nails that broke past the quick. The right hand ring finger nail had bleeding from the break. After two days of applying this product, both nails showed noticeable growth. The ring finger nail is no longer sore and it is healing. Signs of growth is subtle but impressive enough. Since using this product, all ten nails appear healthier. No more peeling, horizontal splits or corner end splits. Nails are also more hydrated. Lastly, nails feel harder. My nail tips were so thin they would bend back. Since using this product, I can't even make them bend!
Cuticle Health: My cuticles are always thick, tough and rough. Hang nails are always a problem for me. After using this product for two days, four cuticles appear to have improved.

on 5/17/2012 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

my nails grow long but i have vertical ridges. i wanted a product that would moisturize and "feed" my nails. i like this product. when my nails are bare i'll use this for several days in a row and it seems to help. it's not like a traditional polish. it's liquidy and stays that way for awhile but dries down and when it does it doesn't look like you have anything on your nails at all. it can be used as the first coat but i typically use it when i'm not polishing a color or anything. it really is like medicine to your nails and when your nails are in bad shape sometimes you have to forego polish to treat them. this product does that.

Popular Treatments