October 31, 2014 | 794 users online

Eye Primer - By Terry - Hyaluronic Eye Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by hypnose01

I can't decide i f this product worth the money... and is expensive to buy one more to try it again, I will see.
It s not a concealer, it is just a primmer for concealer with Hyaluronic of course, but what does Hyaluronic to outer layer of the skin? retain moisture in the skin. Ok so what? and my eye cream do it better.
For eye shadows is "so & so" .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by gcpecor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this product is highly misunderstood. Here is what it is:

"HYALURONIC EYE PRIMER
Lifting Brightener
Eyelid & Contour Perfecting Filler
Plumping – Tightening – Illuminating
Improved Eye Makeup"

A 100% filling-resurfacing tinted primer for the eyelids and eye contours. A complexion base with an imperceptible coverage for a high light mineral correction.

A Hyaluronic Acid perfecting look mousse, integral filler extra-tensor for a long lasting make up finish. A new-generation tinted lifting complexion base for an instant transformation of the look. Proved benefits from the first application: enlighten, lift, fill, renovate, correct, smooth, and replump.

Here is what it isn't:

It is not a concealer, so don't expect full coverage.
It is not a highlighter as compared to other liquid highlighters. So don't expect to take this wand and add instant, detectable brightening shimmer to your face.

This is a base product to be used under your regular cover products and shadow primers. If you don't like extra steps, this will annoy you. It's main purpose is to plump, fill, and hydrate the skin all day with hyluronic acid. It is also not battery acid as one reviewer writes about her fear of "acid" in the product.

This is a smoothing and hydrating step us 45 plus somethings love to have in our products we buy from Nars, etc, but they don't put those ingredients in them. So you start with byTerry first! That is why it's so thin. It will not interfere with multiple applications.

I don't work for byTerry - I had a misuderstanding about this product when I first felt roped into the purchase of it. EXPENSIVE. But byTerry isn't and doesn't claim to be a bargin isle either. They are a treatment line for us gals that want to go down fighting! (Without surgery :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Lang21

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Burnt my skin!!!!!! Be very careful with this product, when it said 'acid' I should have realised. I only used it under my eye but somehow my eyelid and the corner of my eye is red raw and is taking ages to get better. I guess somehow when I blinked it got on my lashes and touched my eyelid.
I'd be interested to see if this happened to anyone else, it took me 2 times of burning my skin to realise it was this product.
So if you have sensitive skin be very careful.....it's acid!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by IrynaHarpy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a primer? I thought primers were supposed to help your eye makeup stay in place!

Not much chop for the exorbitant price & the fancy 'hyaluronic' title (which, I suspect, is meant to impress us into believing that there's some sort of serious science behind it). Eye creases don't look any better or worse: pretty much a much ado about nothing product. The fact is that hyaluronic acid doesn't do anything for you unless it's ingested or injected. If it manages to soak through your eyelid it might do nice things for your eyeballs, not your eyelids.

Claims: "Helps redefine eye volume & eye contour while intensely smoothing eyelids." Really? I must have been looking at someone else's eyes in the mirror after applying it. If you're looking for something to even out the skin tones for a naked eye look, there are plenty of other bases & concealers out there that will do better at a fraction of the cost.

The only good things I have to say about it is that the sponge makes it easy to apply & it gives a little bit of coverage to uneven skin tones... but so does Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I'm tempted to compare the two products in terms of texture, although Too Faced leaves a silkier texture and actually does a good job of keeping my eyeshadow & liner in place and provides the same kind of grab for when you're doing a softer, neutral eye and aren't wanting a primer that grabs too much colour and makes blending more time consuming. Too Faced beats this hands down for keeping the base, crease and mid-tone separated & from fading too quickly. The great thing about Too Faced is that it's less than half the price, too.

Actually, I find this about as useful as the Napoleon Perdis eye primer (and that's not saying terribly much as the only Napoleon Perdis products that have ever worked for me are some of the eyeshadows).

In case anyone hasn't gotten a feel for the subtext, I was completely unimpressed by it and think that it's a high price to pay for a placebo effect. If you think it improves the appearance of the skin, take a photo with your makeup on using another primer, then take a photo using this and the same eye makeup: look at it objectively. Still see the difference? No, I thought not.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

I am 43 and have a few lines in the eye area. I got this product a year ago and find it ok - but not worth the price. It isnt a concealer, it is more a primer. In #2, I can use it quickly to cover redness and give my under eye area a clean-up during the day. But it dries quickly sometimes it doesnt sink in.. Dior skinflash is 100 times better!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Makeup_Obsessed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought this product a few times now. The sponge applicator makes it easy to apply and creates a nice base for eye shadow or can be worn alone for a more natural look. It seems to smooth out fine lines while I wear it. Like all By Terry products, rather expensive when there are other comparable luxury products that sell for less (such as touché eclat)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by roxie123

I am a bit confused with this product. I get the worst creasing on my lids if I use this product. It is wet, slippery, and thin. So I can't use it to prime (too wet), to conceal (to thin), and nothing much else. I am a sucker for all YT recs and here is another item that will bite the dust in the bottom of my junkie but too expensive to throw out pile!

Do not waste your money on this spendy item. Nars radiant concealer is amazing and I should have saved my money and held out on this junk.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by namil

Worth every penny!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pure crap. Dried out my undereye are and made my makeup look terrible... and this was with ALL BY TERRY PRODUCTS!

Dry skin/mature types, SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Funny, these groups are the ones this product is marketed for.... amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by mickinicki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This great product preps the skin for eyeshdadow (if used over the entire lid) or for futher highlighting is necessary under the eye (which I find is not necessary after this, but to each its own-).
Very pricey but I like the sponge instead of a wanky brush like the other high end illuminating stuff for under eyes, and is certainly very forgiving with small lines under the eyes and crows feet, does not set in like so many high end stuff does. Colour 01 light is great for me (very pale, freckles, redhead, blueish undertones under the eyes).
Note: You can use this OVER your foundation or on its own, never under.