Essence All Eyes On Me - Multi-Effect Mascara

3.2

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The only things I look for in a mascara: cheap, not too black. Flaking/smudging isn't a big issue for me because most makeup is meant to come off your face at some point. Some formulas might prevent that for longer periods of time, but no matter what it's gonna happen. Low expectations are key whenever I try anything new.

My last mascara dried out, so I had to find another option (it was Maybelline Mega Plush that I somehow got for 98 cents through clearance/coupons). I'm a poor college student and I don't wear mascara that often, but every now and again I like to feel fancy.

I paid 2.99 for this after figuring out that it was the cheapest mascara at Ulta. I have tried Maybelline Great Lash in the past and I have to say that the brush on this essence one is almost identical. Maybe a bit bigger. Great Lash does seem wetter than this.

The essence formula is not too dry, not too wet. The black is PERFECT. I'm a brunette and my lashes are already pretty dark. This shade of black is just black, not extreme midnight black like so many other "black" formulas. I think that it might look more dramatic on people with lighter lashes.

This is also not the most extreme mascara in the world. It makes your lashes darker/emphasizes what you already have. It also adds a hint of volume. It's very "my lashes but better" on me (Is that a thing?). It flaked a little as I was applying it but otherwise it just stays put. It is easy to remove which is a definite plus.

Overall it suits my needs. The tubes in the store are not sealed though which i know bothers some people. I have no idea what people could do to tamper with this though (try it on in the store?) so I'm not going to let that stop me from repurchasing.

For 2.99 try it. what's the worst that could happen?

This is a very basic mascara. It provides some colour and definition but does not lengthen or volumize dramatically. It provides a natural look which would be great if it lasted, but unfortunately the mascara flakes quite badly. There is absolutely nothing special about this mascara and I would not repurchase. There are just too many good, inexpensive mascaras out there that it's silly to repurchase something that doesn't perform.

I bought this because I needed two extra dollars to use a coupon. I am impressed with how well it works without being expensive. It doesn't give me super long lashes like my maybelline lash sensational does but I wear this because it's ability to build is fantastic! It looks natural!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I honestly really like this product because it adds a lot of volume to my lashes and doesn't clump them up. The packaging is really simple, portable and easy to bring along with you without taking up a lot of space. I got this mascara for around 4-5 dollars I think, and to me it was totally worth the money and had a great value.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

3.5 -- Perfect day-time and budget mascara! This brings out my eyelashes in natural manner. I actually prefer it to many of Essence's other mascaras. The formula travels up from base to tip evenly. There isn't any incredible volume or thickening but that's ok, it's under $5. It can clump. I find often spiral brushes with the spaces in between can group lashes together. I just have to apply it more slowly and carefully. It's replaced Great Lash as my casual mascara look as it's cheaper and I much prefer this formula. Great Lash always needs 2 wks to stop being so wet whereas this Essence formula is that perfect consistency from the get-go. I like that I've had it for a couple of months now and there's no signs of it drying out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

i got the waterproof version.it's not like a waterproof formula.it can be wash off with water or makeup remover tissues.it's a old type small bristle brush which can be easily controlled.it doesn't give dramatic volume , lenght or seperation,only gives definition to lashes,ideal for day time or office hours.i think it's more suitable for teens or makeup starters.it doesn't smugdes or flakes but at the end of a rainy or humid summer day you may find it smears sometimes.overall it's just a regular mascara and the price is really so cheap,it's a saver when on thight budget.

Nothing wrong with this one- I bought it as a waterproof "desk drawer backup mascara" and eventually needed a new mascara at home, so I took it home and started using it instead. I like the tiny brush. It's an OK daytime mascara, not very dramatic, but no clumping. I use it under my Younique 3D Fiberlash Mascara on "big lash" days, and it works well paired with that product. On it's own, it's just inoffensive, it doesn't really "wow". I would probably experiment with other Essence mascaras before re-buying.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This was an impulse buy at Ulta. I have tried it a few times, but I cannot see a difference between my eyelashes without mascara and after applying this, espescially on my lower lashes. It isn't clumpy. It might help a little in defining my lashes. It might be an okay pick for someone that mostly just wants to add color.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I picked up this mascara as an impulse buy at Ulta to make my $10 for the 3.50 off and I thought it would be horrible, but better than my current Ulta Blow Out Lashes (seriously that one is the worst product I've ever bought.)

I already have pretty long lashes, but they are a lighter color and not well defined. This separates and is great light coverage so it doesn't clump. I have super sensitive eyes and it doesn't irritate my eyes in the least.

If I can find it again, it's very likely that this will be my new mascara.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I needed a good defining mascara and this is it. This works well when you want simple definition but not too much of anything. I really love it, as it feels light, doesn't flake, it lasts all day, without hurting my sensitive eyes. It depends what you are looking for; if you want volume or length, they have one that caters to that too.

Popular Mascaras