August 1, 2014 | 894 users online

Mascara - Essence - All eyes on me - multi-effect mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was an impulse buy at Ulta. I have tried it a few times, but I cannot see a difference between my eyelashes without mascara and after applying this, espescially on my lower lashes. It isn't clumpy. It might help a little in defining my lashes. It might be an okay pick for someone that mostly just wants to add color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by rieconley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up this mascara as an impulse buy at Ulta to make my $10 for the 3.50 off and I thought it would be horrible, but better than my current Ulta Blow Out Lashes (seriously that one is the worst product I've ever bought.)

I already have pretty long lashes, but they are a lighter color and not well defined. This separates and is great light coverage so it doesn't clump. I have super sensitive eyes and it doesn't irritate my eyes in the least.

If I can find it again, it's very likely that this will be my new mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I needed a good defining mascara and this is it. This works well when you want simple definition but not too much of anything. I really love it, as it feels light, doesn't flake, it lasts all day, without hurting my sensitive eyes. It depends what you are looking for; if you want volume or length, they have one that caters to that too.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Sunny1212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

With this mascara, it is really a thing of "you get what you pay for".

I think I got this for $2.99. Crazy cheap. But it is also not the greatest. I put it on over like, three others, and it's fine. But by itself? Yikes!! Clumpy, goopy, messy!

However, it's really awesome for lower lashes!!!!! The brush is little so it works great. I'd recommend it for a bottom lash mascara. Not messy on the lowers.

Price is good, obviously!!
Packaging is find as well. Just a regular mascara tube!

AND Essence doesn't test on animals :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by beautygale08

I have the water proof version if this I like it but I'm not in love with it because it doesn't hold a curl but stay when I went to my horse show

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by hsheikh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used it first time and its really very good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an unfortunate miss from Essence, which normally makes pretty good drugstore mascaras. It seems they've discontinued the "Multi-Action Mascara" in the black and pink tube and replaced it with this, and it is not nearly as good. When you first open it, the formula is too wet- definitely just like black water for your lashes. Any emphasis it gives your eyes is simply from darkening. After the tube dried out a little, I got better results for a few weeks by layering it up to about three coats, and it finally looked like there was some length and volume. But then it quickly got too dry to use and started flaking when I layered it, even though I wasn't waiting for it to dry between coats.

Also- it lasts very poorly and you may find yourself getting raccoon eyes. And it irons out a curl unlike any mascara I've tried before. Not impressed.

The waterproof version is even worse- way too wet, clumps your lashes together in big wet globs so you have to comb them through again and again and AGAIN... not to mention not actually being waterproof at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by LigiaSteph

I have bought this mascara because of the price. It is cheap and pretty good. But compared to my maybelline one(the purple one,false lashes or sth like that) , it's far behind.I like the way my lashes look after I have apllied it ,but i can't even touch them afterwards. It wears off really fast. Once again, I see it's better to spend a little more money on this kind of products in order to have the quality desired. Buy again? No...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No where near as fabulous as my favourite Essence mascara which is" I Love Extreme. ' Adds length but does not add volume. If you want spidery black, go for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by alizogub

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara wasn't the best.
cheap yes and i found like it did make my eyelashes more noticeable, i think its not good at volume/lengthening like other mascaras are, but for a natural kind of look its okay.

a problem i did encounter though was when applying it would constantly smudge when i blinked, and this continued to happen after 15 minutes of application.

for only purchasing this 3 dollars it isn't too bad, though i wouldn't recommend it,