Noxzema Skin Cream Plus Moisturizers

3.9

Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Stearic Acid, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Gelatin, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenoxyethanol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Camphor, Menthol, Dmdm Hydantoin, Propylparaben, Calcium Hydroxide, Eugenol, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Disodium Edta, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride.

on 6/23/2015 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wish I'd used this as a teenager. I've been using this for about 6 months, and my skin has never felt better. I 'lather' the cream up with warm water, and simply rinse off with by splashing with my hands. It rinses clean away and is not slippery (as opposed to Ponds...). The smell is strong, and at first it shocked my sensitive skin, but now I find the sensation cooling and refreshing. After using, my skin is clean, balanced, and elastic. I follow up with gentle non-alcohol toner and moisturizer. Great product. No breakouts, no greasy residue - just soft, clean, balanced skin. Unfortunately it does contain parabens and has a poor score on EWG. Will continue my search for the perfect cleanser, but this is a good one to go back to for when my skin reacts poorly to other products.

on 5/1/2015 8:47:00 PM

I didn't expect to like the smell of this, based on how others described it to me. As fate would have it, this product went on sale at Walgreen's about a week after a friend recommended it to me. I picked up a tub, washed my face with it, then left a thick layer of it on overnight. I'd had one or two spots pop up that day and by the next morning, they were significantly less inflamed and they even healed up a few days faster than usual. I can see why this product has been around for a while.

The only other product I've used that even comes close is the Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Cleansing Cream. I prefer the packaging of that one because I don't have to stick my fingers into it, but I don't have to use as much of the Noxzema to get the job done. I keep some of each on hand and kind of switch off between the two products.

on 12/6/2014 5:51:00 AM

I bought this by mistake, instead of the original. I used it, and fell in love with it. I missed the stronger smell from the original, but upon using this and then purchasing the original, I missed the smell of this one! So both are just perfection now. I don't know if it's more moisturizing or not. I haven't a skin problem and can use most anything that isn't harsh. I put this on in the shower each morning and let it set while wash so it deep cleans. Some mention this would be easier in a tube...perhaps, but I like it just how it is. I love dipping in and scooping it out with my hand just as I did years ago! This product has a good price, lasts a long time, and keeps my skin so beautiful looking. I use it for mild sunburns during the summer months. It's just something I've done forever. It cools instantly. I'm in love with the smell so I sometimes just put some on to smell good and stay soft. I'll never give this up!

I spent way too much time debating whether to go with the original or the one with added moisturizers. I finally picked this one because recently my makeup has started looking cakey thanks to some flaking on my cheeks. It was $7 CAD for a large tub. I do wish I'd been able to find a smaller one so I could have tested it but whatever lol.

I recently ran out of andalou's clarifying cleansing gel and rather than shell out almost thirty dollars for it (it was just okay) I went in the direction of a product that's been around forever. And I can say it's made a difference in my face already, after only two days! I had gotten an acne treatment along with this but have yet to use it because my skin is so clear and soft! There are so many uses for it as well. So far I've used it cleaning with warm water, after using a scrub, and as a mask for 10 minutes on a dry face before rinsing. I love the smell, love the feel, and love the soft, almost matte look it gives my face. I'll update after more use but I think I've found my hg!

EDIT: I have used this product for approximately 2 weeks now, and I have to stop. I started noticing a waxy, filmy residue on my face, even after a thorough rinsing. My skin just feels dirty, and this bumpy dry patch showed up on my nose and will not go away. Just used a scrub to get rid of the flakes and residue. Switching back to Garnier Moisture Rescue Fresh Cleansing Foam, why did I switch in the first place?

on 4/30/2014 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

There is a reason why this cleanser has been around for so long! After almost 15 years of ignoring drugstore cleansers, and spending hundreds of dollars on more expensive "designer" brands and gadgets, I have come to find a new found love for this cleanser.

I remember using the original version years ago, so I decided to try the one with the added moisturizers since my skin has been fairly dry lately. I have been using this cleanser along with my Clarisonic Mia once a day.
My face feels so refreshed and moisturized after cleansing that I probably wouldn't even need a moisturizer (but I still use one).

This cleanser also doubles as a deep cleansing mask once a week, left on for 10-15 min.

Pros:
Deep cleansing, tingly feeling
Cheap
Lots of product

Cons:
Packaging isn't the greatest...would be more sanitary in a squeeze tube. However, I use a cosmetic stick to get mine out.

on 3/6/2014 5:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

On a whim I bought this at Walmart and I'm so happy that I did! It's so creamy and leaves my skin so soft, which I need during the winter months because my face gets so dry, on top of the dry skin I already have.

on 2/7/2014 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have been using Noxzema for 35 years. It doesn't seem possible that I first used it as a teenager (as a cleanser and moisturizer), when I began learning how to maintain my complexion, because Noxzema's aroma takes me back to that time like it was last week! Last time I went shopping for my Noxzema, I didn't have my damn reading glasses with me, so I accidentally bought this "moisturizing" formula. I'm sure I'd used it before, somewhere along the years, but I have always, always used the "original" formula. I find that this formula dissolves makeup "magically" just like the original formula, and it leaves my face feeling soft, smooth, and fresh. This formula is much creamier than the original, which feels kind of "stiff" until I rub it over my skin. The moisturizing formula doesn't smell nearly as good, for my nose. It smells slightly of baby powder...still a nice, clean smell...but I love the invigorating, happy smell of the original. (Heck, I still miss the "original" Original with phenol and sodium hydroxide...back when it was marketed as a cleanser-makeup base-night cream!).

I am 13 years of age and I've been struggling with acne for about 3 years. I have had tons after tons of acne cleansers and kits. Nothing and I repeat NOTHING has really EVER cleared my acne. I have very oily skin everywhere except around my lips which is super dry and peeling. I have some cystic like acne around my lips and in my T-Zone but, other than that it's all zits everywhere else. I have never had acne on my cheeks (I'm sure why) but, the hot-spots for my acne are always around my lips and between my eyebrows.... some zits sometimes pop up on my hairline. I bought this at a drugstore because of it's price and i was hoping maybe this could be the product to finally help my acne more than my previous uses. I have been using this for about 2 and a half weeks; morning and night. So far, my skin feels clean and oddly VERY cold for about an hour after I use it. I'm not sure if this is normal: my acne bleeds and pops almost immediately after i wipe it off. It hasn't gotten rid of any acne yet. If anyone knows what I could use for my face to get rid of my horror story please do. Again, like i said, i have very oily skin and nothing has helped so far: everything i buy either does absolutely nothing or it worsens my acne. I'm pretty sure I have rosacea because my cheeks are ALWAYS no matter where i am are always very red. I use foundation because I go to school and people sometimes make remarks about my acne so i cover it up. To be honest I think it's making my acne worse but, until i find something to clear my acne I WILL USE FOUNDATION. please someone help. its appreciated.

on 9/12/2013 9:16:00 PM

I picked this up at Walmart for around $ 4 or so. I usually use the original formula but thought I would try this. It has a different texture than the original - a lot creamier. You can certainly feel the moisturizers in it. It is pleasant on the skin and has a little bit of a tingle. Takes my makeup off well, I just have to wash my face twice. At night I mix this with a little bit of St. Ives Apricot scrub to exfoliate and follow up with some basic Qil of Olay Beauty Fluid. Works for me! I alternate this with the original formula. I now only use Noxzema to wash my face for the past 6 months and my skin has never been better!

on 8/21/2013 12:31:00 AM

Noxzema??? That's for teenagers with acne! Or so I thought! I remember using the non-moisture one as a kid w/ the pump bottle. Fast fwd 20 yrs and I'm suffering from dry areas around my mouth and on nose and between eyebrows so bad I was at my wits end. I tried every fancy cleanser/skin care in existence and nothing would work for more than an hour. Well my mother said 'maybe it's eczema, try Noxzema'. I laughed. Well she had the last laugh because this cleanser plus cetaphil cream have HEALED my skin... For like $9/huuuge tub at rite aid. When I think of the thousands of dollars I flushed down the toilet when the answer lied in good old Noxzema and Cetaphil, I cringe. Yes it's in an 'unhygienic' tub well the product is the consistency of crisco how are u supposed to get it out? Wash your hands first! Sorry for the reference to crisco, this stuff deep cleans and tingles and doesn't leave my face tight. TG I've (re)discovered noxzema!!!