September 16, 2014 | 2021 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Skin Cream Plus Moisturizers

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I spent way too much time debating whether to go with the original or the one with added moisturizers. I finally picked this one because recently my makeup has started looking cakey thanks to some flaking on my cheeks. It was $7 CAD for a large tub. I do wish I'd been able to find a smaller one so I could have tested it but whatever lol.

I recently ran out of andalou's clarifying cleansing gel and rather than shell out almost thirty dollars for it (it was just okay) I went in the direction of a product that's been around forever. And I can say it's made a difference in my face already, after only two days! I had gotten an acne treatment along with this but have yet to use it because my skin is so clear and soft! There are so many uses for it as well. So far I've used it cleaning with warm water, after using a scrub, and as a mask for 10 minutes on a dry face before rinsing. I love the smell, love the feel, and love the soft, almost matte look it gives my face. I'll update after more use but I think I've found my hg!

EDIT: I have used this product for approximately 2 weeks now, and I have to stop. I started noticing a waxy, filmy residue on my face, even after a thorough rinsing. My skin just feels dirty, and this bumpy dry patch showed up on my nose and will not go away. Just used a scrub to get rid of the flakes and residue. Switching back to Garnier Moisture Rescue Fresh Cleansing Foam, why did I switch in the first place?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kmg85

There is a reason why this cleanser has been around for so long! After almost 15 years of ignoring drugstore cleansers, and spending hundreds of dollars on more expensive "designer" brands and gadgets, I have come to find a new found love for this cleanser.

I remember using the original version years ago, so I decided to try the one with the added moisturizers since my skin has been fairly dry lately. I have been using this cleanser along with my Clarisonic Mia once a day.
My face feels so refreshed and moisturized after cleansing that I probably wouldn't even need a moisturizer (but I still use one).

This cleanser also doubles as a deep cleansing mask once a week, left on for 10-15 min.

Pros:
Deep cleansing, tingly feeling
Cheap
Lots of product

Cons:
Packaging isn't the greatest...would be more sanitary in a squeeze tube. However, I use a cosmetic stick to get mine out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by babygirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On a whim I bought this at Walmart and I'm so happy that I did! It's so creamy and leaves my skin so soft, which I need during the winter months because my face gets so dry, on top of the dry skin I already have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Noxzema for 35 years. It doesn't seem possible that I first used it as a teenager (as a cleanser and moisturizer), when I began learning how to maintain my complexion, because Noxzema's aroma takes me back to that time like it was last week! Last time I went shopping for my Noxzema, I didn't have my damn reading glasses with me, so I accidentally bought this "moisturizing" formula. I'm sure I'd used it before, somewhere along the years, but I have always, always used the "original" formula. I find that this formula dissolves makeup "magically" just like the original formula, and it leaves my face feeling soft, smooth, and fresh. This formula is much creamier than the original, which feels kind of "stiff" until I rub it over my skin. The moisturizing formula doesn't smell nearly as good, for my nose. It smells slightly of baby powder...still a nice, clean smell...but I love the invigorating, happy smell of the original. (Heck, I still miss the "original" Original with phenol and sodium hydroxide...back when it was marketed as a cleanser-makeup base-night cream!).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by pandafever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually buy the Original Noxzema, but I picked this up by accident instead. I miss the Original Noxzema smell, but other than that it's quite similar. Time and time again, I try something other than Noxzema and am disappointed. I have very fair, dry, sensitive skin and nothing works better for me!
Also, many people know to use Noxzema for sunburn and as a cleanser, but it has many more uses! You can use it as a mask, a makeup primer, a night cream, a zit cream, shaving lotion, on bug bites, and as a hand cream. It makes a great daytime hand cream because it is not greasy and won't gunk up everything you touch.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by XxBeautyFreakxX

I am 13 years of age and I've been struggling with acne for about 3 years. I have had tons after tons of acne cleansers and kits. Nothing and I repeat NOTHING has really EVER cleared my acne. I have very oily skin everywhere except around my lips which is super dry and peeling. I have some cystic like acne around my lips and in my T-Zone but, other than that it's all zits everywhere else. I have never had acne on my cheeks (I'm sure why) but, the hot-spots for my acne are always around my lips and between my eyebrows.... some zits sometimes pop up on my hairline. I bought this at a drugstore because of it's price and i was hoping maybe this could be the product to finally help my acne more than my previous uses. I have been using this for about 2 and a half weeks; morning and night. So far, my skin feels clean and oddly VERY cold for about an hour after I use it. I'm not sure if this is normal: my acne bleeds and pops almost immediately after i wipe it off. It hasn't gotten rid of any acne yet. If anyone knows what I could use for my face to get rid of my horror story please do. Again, like i said, i have very oily skin and nothing has helped so far: everything i buy either does absolutely nothing or it worsens my acne. I'm pretty sure I have rosacea because my cheeks are ALWAYS no matter where i am are always very red. I use foundation because I go to school and people sometimes make remarks about my acne so i cover it up. To be honest I think it's making my acne worse but, until i find something to clear my acne I WILL USE FOUNDATION. please someone help. its appreciated.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by normajeane73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Walmart for around $ 4 or so. I usually use the original formula but thought I would try this. It has a different texture than the original - a lot creamier. You can certainly feel the moisturizers in it. It is pleasant on the skin and has a little bit of a tingle. Takes my makeup off well, I just have to wash my face twice. At night I mix this with a little bit of St. Ives Apricot scrub to exfoliate and follow up with some basic Qil of Olay Beauty Fluid. Works for me! I alternate this with the original formula. I now only use Noxzema to wash my face for the past 6 months and my skin has never been better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Noxzema??? That's for teenagers with acne! Or so I thought! I remember using the non-moisture one as a kid w/ the pump bottle. Fast fwd 20 yrs and I'm suffering from dry areas around my mouth and on nose and between eyebrows so bad I was at my wits end. I tried every fancy cleanser/skin care in existence and nothing would work for more than an hour. Well my mother said 'maybe it's eczema, try Noxzema'. I laughed. Well she had the last laugh because this cleanser plus cetaphil cream have HEALED my skin... For like $9/huuuge tub at rite aid. When I think of the thousands of dollars I flushed down the toilet when the answer lied in good old Noxzema and Cetaphil, I cringe. Yes it's in an 'unhygienic' tub well the product is the consistency of crisco how are u supposed to get it out? Wash your hands first! Sorry for the reference to crisco, this stuff deep cleans and tingles and doesn't leave my face tight. TG I've (re)discovered noxzema!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by JasmineC

Okay so i really like this product. I been having random pimples lately and i really needed something to deep clean my skin to get rid of some excess oil. This product is good for that. It tingles but the tingle is tolerable unless you sensitive skin. I tend to let it sit on my face for about 2 minutes so it can really get deep in my pore. Some say it gives a "Film" feeling once it is rinsed off. I havent experience the film at all. When i rinse the product i use a warm wash cloth to take it off then pat my face dry. I leave my skin soft, moisturized and clean. Defiantly a staple of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by hershayla

Description
Removes dirt and oil while conditioning skin. This 12 oz jar of Noxzema Cleansing Cream is dermatologist tested for superb results. Noxzema Cream features added moisturizers for healthy, younger-looking skin. Nourish your skin with Noxzema Deep Cleaning Cream Plus Moisturizers.

Directions
Can be used on a wet or dry face. Apply generously, and then use your fingertips or a wet washcloth to massage the cream into your skin in a circular motion. Rinse thoroughly, avoiding direct contact with your eyes.

PROS
-clears acne fast
-exflotiates very well
-lots of product
-mask or facewash
-no need for moisturizer (just sunlotion)
-amazing for acne-prone oily skin types
-my holy grail product!

CONS
-harsh on sensitive skin
-can irritate skin with rosacea
-burns if left on for too long
-horrible product for sensitive skin types

OVERALL
I love this product! My skin is oily and not sensitive. I can handle 10% benzoyl peroxide without any irritation. I recommend this for people with similar skin types to mine especially for the price. Do not try it if you have sensitive skin.