August 30, 2014 | 1146 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm - Crush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I LOVE these!! I seem to be on a roll w/ lip products recently. :)

If you have read any of my other reviews, you may be aware I only wear items that are long lasting and/or waterproof. I have no interest in primping (or worrying about primping) throughout the day - I want what I put on my face at 6:00 am to be there when I come home at night (6:00 pm). Also, I tend to stay away from HE items, preferring to find ds dupes or similar, being kinder to my pocketbook.

I was intrigued w/ this concept of balm stains, so I initially purchased Revlons Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm in Crush and I love the feel upon application (smooth, moisturizing and w/ a staining color). Lasts on me from early morning until lunch and then again after after dinner. So, while this doesn't last all day on my, the fact its so easy to apply (crayon style, no mirror required), the fact its moisturizing and the color pay off does last for hours = I'm willing to re-apply after eating.

I was going to purchase more when I came across reviews here on MUA for cheaper version in Jordana which, it turns out, I like just as well. So as to re-purchasing, only if I want a color that Jordana doesn't have that Revlon does :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by ookaysee

LOVE. I bought Crush & Honey when they first came out. I just saw them in Ulta and had been wanting to buy some Tarte lipstains. They looked similar and had the word "balm" so I figured I'd try it and hoped they wouldn't turn out to be one of those weird crusty-looking stains. AND THEY DIDN'T!

They don't make my lips dry at all and add a really nice color that I don't have to touch up. The lasting power is absolutely ridiculous. You should always put a balm underneath and exfoliate your lips before adding any stain to it. I'll just run my toothbrush over my lips (if needed) and ALWAYS apply eos balm.

Crush looks like a really nice berry color. One light layer to look natural and two heavy layers to look like a lipstick. I really love it. Somewhat similar to the Korres berry lip butter that everyone decided to stop carrying :(. I use honey on this days that my lips look dead or I got concealer/foundation on it because it is very close to my natural lip color.

Packaging is VERY nice. No complaints. Great product for the price. High end quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have other colors of the Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balms. While I do wear this, I don't like it as much as the rest. It feels good on my lips. The stain is always really pretty and lasting. Unfortunately, I don't really like how it looks when I first apply it. I really have to layer it to get it to not look patchy. Even if I don't do anything different with my face or clothes, it doesn't look like the same color each time.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by TheLauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the Revlon Balm Stains in general, but this one just isn't the same. I wear Lovesick almost every day, but sometimes I want something a little bit subtler than fuchsia, so I decided to get Crush, which looked like a nice berry color. It doesn't apply as smoothly as Lovesick, feels dry on my lips (whereas Lovesick feels very moist), and has a tendency to go on unevenly and settle into lines. If I prep my lips with balm or apply gloss over this, it's fine, but it's just not great on its own (and isn't that the point of these?). I'm very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Soooo disappointed this colour looked gorgeous in swatches I'd seen but on me it's a horrible colour and sparkle city! I did see some people say slight shimmer but its alot more than slight, the colour goes on uneven and patchy even when my lips r moisturised and flake free and if u make a mistake it doesn't budge :/ I had to rub and rub my lips and I could still see the stain, if only I liked the product because the staying power would be amazing! The packaging is a normal wind up crayon and the price isn't so bad I paid 5.99 instead of 7.99 I would happily pay that for a lip product I liked.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by katherinology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this balm after mom bought it, and it looks very cool in her (she's 1 or 2 shades fairer than I am). It gives the nice berry tint on her lips, while it looks more of wine red on my lips. However, I like them both (as I don't like pink lipsticks). Crush is actually my favorite lip stain so far, and I have several reasons to place this product in my list.
First of all, I like the deep red color it has. OK, this is not the product that gives me the oh-my-lips-but-better stuff, but it really stands out in my medium-toned skin. Secondly, the balm also has some moisturizing impact on my lips, even though I still prefer to layer it after applying clear lipgloss. In addition, this balm stain also lasts for long period, some 5-6 hours in normal conditions even though you drink/eat a lot like me. It leaves stains, though, but only in the first 60 minutes or so. This product isn't easy to wash off with water, I usually use makeup remover to erase all the stains.
Repurchase? Yes. (maybe another colors too, my sis-in-law uses this stain in Honey and I'd really like to give it a try)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My story with these sort of products is this: I waited for a Chubby Stick dupe because I didn't want to spend a lot on a product that had seemed to me like it didn't have to be the highest of quality to be worn with dignity, so I got the Revlon Just Bitten in Crush which is a pretty deep berry shade. I thought that this kind of texture would make it easy to pull off a dark shade for daytime, and It did. I lost it two weeks later and decided to purchase the original Clinique product instead. At the counter I ended up getting the Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape which is also a deep berry shade. Now that I have tried both, I will review the two by comparing them. Let's start:
Color-wise, both are a deep berry shade, Grandest Grape is a little darker and it fades into a pinkier stain. Both are the darkest in their range.
Upon application, both glide smoothly and both are a little tricky around the cupid's bow and edges; the Chubby Stick Intense is, of course, more pigmented and applies just a little more even. I'd say Just Bitten has a medium pigment density while the Chubby Stick Intense has a a rich, almost full density. The Revlon Just Bitten has a little mild sweet scent while the chubby stick intense (let's call it CSI from now on, lol) has no scent or taste at all.
They both wear comfortably. I'd say the Just Bitten feels a little more waxy. None of them is very hydrating, but they both feel smooth. The CSI is a little smoother, but neither leaves my lips soft for long. Just Bitten also smears and transfers easily, I used to check myself in the mirror all the time to see if it hadn't smeared or faded, while the CSI stays put, which brings me to the next concern- lasting power, where Clinique wins big time. While the CSI's shiny coat fades (which takes a while), it still leaves a rich stain on the lips. It will fade if you drink with a straw but it won't if you sip from a cup. Just Bitten stays put for an hour or until you drink, whatever comes first, and then you have to reapply because it leaves a very faded wash of color (I wouldn't call it a stain). It doesn't fade evenly, too.
Overall, I think they are quite similar in everything except for the longevity, which for me made a difference. I didn't want to be bothered with having to reapply so often, worry about smears and just be conscious about it all the time like I did with the Just Bitten, and the Chubby Stick Intense made up for what Just Bitten was lacking. To me, it feels like the CSI is a stain with a shiny coat and Just Bitten is a colored shiny coat (you know what I mean?). I think Just Bitten is good but not as good.
Keep in mind that both colors reviewed are very dark, and dark colors require high maintenance. I think that if you want a wash of color or something lighter and more natural looking, Just Bitten will do the job just fine. If you're looking for something brighter or you plan on wearing it daily, investing in a Chubby Stick Intense would give you a peace of mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by radnan16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a really dark, vampy redish purple color. Lasts all day; super pigmented; moisturizing. It's a bit minty at first, but it fades after a couple of seconds.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Julesdancer28

This is my favourite lippy! I have to use my sweet mint eos lip balm before I use it, just so that it's even but this product is amazing. The colour is gorgeous on my skin tone and it stays on my lips the while day!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I freaking love this balm. Has a nice burgundy shade when applied intensely. I lick/bite my lips a lot and it still stayed. At the end of the day, instead of having that intense burgundy on my lips, I had a nice soft pink shade which looked irresistible. Like when you eat a cherry Popsicle and have that stain. Expensive as hell but worth it