October 31, 2014 | 1457 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avon - Genics Eye Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by suez777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There are 2 major problems with the eye creams made by Avon (& many other brands for that matter). Number 1 is that they all come packaged in a jar with a lid that opens. The reason this is problematic is that active ingredients are fragile and break down quickly once exposed to air. So your expensive eye cream may be active for the first 2 or 3 days but quickly degrades after that. Within a couple of days you'll be using a product no more effective than Vaseline or the old Ponds Cold Cream.
Second problem is that the first signs of facial ageing are almost always around the eyes and exacerbated by sun exposure. Why then do so few eye creams contain any sunscreen? Without sunscreen in your eye cream, again, you may as well be using Ponds (or nothing at all). You would be better off using your sunscreen-containing facial moisturiser around your eyes too (& ANY facial moisturiser can be used as an eye cream. Skin is skin wherever it's located. Just use sparingly, and don't use so much that it seeps into your eyes. And if it stings your eyes, then you need to change your product because it will also be irritating your skin but you may not be able to feel it).
Believe it or not some of the most effective and advanced skincare today is made by Olay (particularly the Regenerist line). The products consistently contain adequate amounts of sun protection, proven cell-communicating ingredients, correct ph (which can either enhance or prevent active ingredients doing their job), don't have perfumes added (which irritate skin at a cellular level causing inflammation) so don't contain irritating ingredients like menthol, certain alcohols, camphor, lavender, geranium, limonene & citrus oils, eucalyptus, cinnamon, bergamot, witch hazel, arnica and ylang ylang. AND Olay's products are mostly in packaging designed to prevent degradation from both oxygen and light.
Anyway, just some things to consider before outlaying big dollars on your next eye treatment. :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by RNBill

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm a 42 year old man and was given a sample of this product by a friend who sells Avon. I used this small packet, which lasted about a week, on my eyes once a day and couldn't believe the difference. The skin on the outside of my eyes looked smoother and felt better. I was very surprised that a cream could do this. I went back to my friend to purchase the product and found out the price, again I was surprised, I couldn't believe a cream could cost that much... I decided to look around and see if Avon products were available anywhere other than from a dealer. I went to ebay.com and found this product for less than half of the price my friend was asking with free shipping... I've been using this product regularly for over 2 years now and I'm still impressed. I live in the Houston, Texas area and I get lots of sun and I'm hopeful this product will prevent the damage that comes with living in a sub-tropical climate. For those of you here who like the product but are hesitant because of the price, check out ebay or other online sites...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went through a whole jar of this and thought it did nothing for me, so I didn't replenish. About 6 months go by and I can't help but notice fine lines/dehydration/crows feet happening. I forgot I had another jar hanging around the house, so I thought I'd start using it again. After the first week of using it, I've noticed a difference already. Those pesky lines have disappeared! The price for this tiny amount of product REALLY sucks at almost $40 CAN, so if it went on a really good sale, I MAY purchase again. I'm impressed. It can be heavy though, so a little dab is all you need or it could cause breakouts and/or puffiness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I'm only 20 but have a few fine lines (I'm a smoker) and it moistuizes well but I haven't noticed a difference yet. I'm gonna use it up and may repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Ayla

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eye cream and although I'm older than the 30 + group it has worked better than any other Avon eye product .The trick is to use a very small amount and not over do it. I start with a tiny amount ,wait a couple of minutes and add more if I need it. it works so well that I can often skip it in the morning if I use it the night before.
It helps with under eye puffiness and completely wipes out crows feet and slackness above the eyelid.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by BelleEtoile

This product was ok for a few weeks, then it completely dried out my eyes, made them red, puffy and horrid looking. Do not buy if you have sensitive skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm 26 soon to be 27 with under eye circles, puffiness, & fine lines. I am 1/2 way through with this eye cream, and will update when I finish the jar. Avon claims it can make your eyes look 10 years younger, gives elasticity, smoothness, brightness, & diminish the appearance of fine lines & crows feet. I can say it not only helps to soften lines but also helps with puffy eyes & dark circles even though it does not advertise that. I think this is much better than the other avon eye creams I have tried over the years, none of them have given me results this fast. They all have a great texture & produce results, but this one gives results instantly. I swear by avon eye creams, and this one is my favorite so far. It has a really light cream texture, no scent, & absorbs well. I have no problem wearing this under makeup or with contacts. This doesn't give me milia, but I noticed the first week of using I had small red dots near my outer eye area, and the only other time I got this was when I used a product with retinol. This is a very common skin reaction to anti-wrinkle ingredients, and because it happened before I did not discontinue use, I continued to use this and the bumps went away. So please note for those of you who are not used to anti aging ingredients- this has something in it that works, but it does cause slight eye exfoliation in the crows feet area.
Before this I used an entire jar of Dermadoctor wrinkle revenge because of the fantastic review. I think this product is equally as good, for a few dollars less. I have decided to repurchase this eye cream over dermadoctor's wrinkle revenge because it is easier to get. They both give great results though. Will update when I finish & repurchase.