New York Color High Definition Liquid Eyeliner extra black

2.9

Aqua/Water/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Sodium Laureth-11 Carboxylate, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 80, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Laureth-21. May Contain: D&C Black 2 (CI 77266), FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), FD&C Red 40 (CI 16035), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This eyeliner is not even worth the money you would save since it's very affordable, it's $4 CAD at Walmart. There are other affordable eyeliners that work much better than this one.
First, the tip is awkward to work with. It's quite long and flexible, which doesn't give you control.
Second, the pigmentation is awful. It's very translucent and when I tried to build it up to hopefully get a darker black, I just ended up smudging it around. It also bled through my skin lines.
Third, the tip kept drying up as I was applying it. I had to keep shaking it to try and get more product out, which didn't even really work.

This eyeliner was a complete disappointment and I will definitely not be buying again. I have been looking to replace an eyeliner that is 1 year old (but still going strong!) but the name of it rubbed off so I have to find a new brand. This eyeliner was $4 at my local Target- right in the middle of $2 liquids and $7 liquids. I 100% regret not paying a little bit more for something that actually works. The color was ridiculously light, even after multiple layers, and the felt tip was super thin, even though the packaging never pointed that out. It rubbed off almost instantly- not that you could tell the difference if you had it on or not. I was looking for an eyeliner that applied on easy, dark, and smooth. This was not the eyeliner to buy.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I like it coz the brush is not the "soft" one. It's not extra black but it will pass as a eyeliner. You have to let dry the first coat before putting another one.

The first time I purchased this was over a year ago. I was on a budget and was running low on money and also liquid eyeliner. I was at Target and came across this and it was for $3 only. I thought why not? $3 isn't a big loss. So I tried it on as soon as I got home and it was just amazing. The felt tip is easy to work with and the pigmentation is great. It does start to fade off your eyelid after a couple hours though. The second time I purchased this was a month ago. I was done using the first one (yes it does last that long) and decided that I was gonna go for it. It's $3 for God's sake! I came home and drew a few lines on the back of my hands and was extremely disappointed. There was barely any pigmintation and it came out way too liquidy for my liking. It was no where near black, almost see through grey! At first I thought I had purchased the wrong eyeliner but I checked again and nope. It was the same one I purchased a year ago. So I was confused and I went online to read reviews and people said you have to store it upside down for 2 days for the it to be very black. And I did just that. After 2 days, I decide to finally use it and it was very black! I'm very satisfied with this product and it was only for $3! It beats the MAC felt tip eyeliner that I used to use. I wouldd definitely repurchase this again. Matter of fact, might as well just use this for the rest of my life! Haha

I recently purchased this eyeliner. The pigmentation is great as it is very dark black but it feathers and bleeds onto my eyelid. I won't be repurchasing it.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is more pigmented than other felt tip, pen style liners I have tried. It applies fairly well and can make thin lines if you use a light hand, but it fades significantly on me after just a few hours, even over primer. Right now I'm using it to outline the shape of my winged liner before filling everything in with a different product. It works for this purpose, and it was under $4. I can get a decent shape out of it, but it's not ideal since the felt tip is stiff. Once this runs out I will not repurchase.

I saw Tati on youtube recommending this and since she is a makeup professional, I had really high hopes for this eyeliner. Sadly, the pigmentation is very low, which is quite deceiving. I saw people here saying that you have to turn it upside down, which I did but it didn't change anything. The biggest pro of this is its price, I bought it at Walmart for around 3$. I didn't try it yet on my eyes so I'll probably keep it and only wear it for a natural makeup look. Hope this review helped!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is the first liquid liner I've had in a pen -- my other liquid liner was a disastrous go-round with ELF's liner -- and I love it. It's so easy to apply, it goes on very smooth and black, I get a nice line with it, and the pen style makes it easy to control. I think I paid $2.50 for it at Target, which makes it a damn steal. I don't use it on my waterline, so I have no idea how it works there, but for a simple winged liner on my hooded eyes, it goes on well and doesn't smudge, and it comes off easily at the end of the day. This one is going to be a staple in my bag.

This is so perfect in every way, its so affordable like literally its less than a cup of coffee and I'm an eyeliner junkie I wear eyeliner every single day it's my go to look and this stuff is incredible the color is fantastic the applicator is so soft and easy to draw with it dries supper fast and stays put all day especially if you set it with some powder and the product also lasts well over a year

I'm giving this this fabulous thing 5 stars for everything! I originally got this because I was on the hunt for a liquid eyeliner that I could actually put on myself. When I brought this home I was unimpressed because as I put it on it was far from extra black and had bad pigment. Then, I read on here to store it upside down. So I started storing it upside down and behold it turned out really black! I love this because it's very easy to put and dries very quickly! The pen itself is a nice size too!