New York Color High Definition Liquid Eyeliner extra black

2.9

Aqua/Water/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Sodium Laureth-11 Carboxylate, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 80, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Laureth-21. May Contain: D&C Black 2 (CI 77266), FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), FD&C Red 40 (CI 16035), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

The first time I purchased this was over a year ago. I was on a budget and was running low on money and also liquid eyeliner. I was at Target and came across this and it was for $3 only. I thought why not? $3 isn't a big loss. So I tried it on as soon as I got home and it was just amazing. The felt tip is easy to work with and the pigmentation is great. It does start to fade off your eyelid after a couple hours though. The second time I purchased this was a month ago. I was done using the first one (yes it does last that long) and decided that I was gonna go for it. It's $3 for God's sake! I came home and drew a few lines on the back of my hands and was extremely disappointed. There was barely any pigmintation and it came out way too liquidy for my liking. It was no where near black, almost see through grey! At first I thought I had purchased the wrong eyeliner but I checked again and nope. It was the same one I purchased a year ago. So I was confused and I went online to read reviews and people said you have to store it upside down for 2 days for the it to be very black. And I did just that. After 2 days, I decide to finally use it and it was very black! I'm very satisfied with this product and it was only for $3! It beats the MAC felt tip eyeliner that I used to use. I wouldd definitely repurchase this again. Matter of fact, might as well just use this for the rest of my life! Haha

on 7/17/2015 4:59:00 PM

I recently purchased this eyeliner. The pigmentation is great as it is very dark black but it feathers and bleeds onto my eyelid. I won't be repurchasing it.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is more pigmented than other felt tip, pen style liners I have tried. It applies fairly well and can make thin lines if you use a light hand, but it fades significantly on me after just a few hours, even over primer. Right now I'm using it to outline the shape of my winged liner before filling everything in with a different product. It works for this purpose, and it was under $4. I can get a decent shape out of it, but it's not ideal since the felt tip is stiff. Once this runs out I will not repurchase.

I saw Tati on youtube recommending this and since she is a makeup professional, I had really high hopes for this eyeliner. Sadly, the pigmentation is very low, which is quite deceiving. I saw people here saying that you have to turn it upside down, which I did but it didn't change anything. The biggest pro of this is its price, I bought it at Walmart for around 3$. I didn't try it yet on my eyes so I'll probably keep it and only wear it for a natural makeup look. Hope this review helped!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is the first liquid liner I've had in a pen -- my other liquid liner was a disastrous go-round with ELF's liner -- and I love it. It's so easy to apply, it goes on very smooth and black, I get a nice line with it, and the pen style makes it easy to control. I think I paid $2.50 for it at Target, which makes it a damn steal. I don't use it on my waterline, so I have no idea how it works there, but for a simple winged liner on my hooded eyes, it goes on well and doesn't smudge, and it comes off easily at the end of the day. This one is going to be a staple in my bag.

on 1/14/2015 2:27:00 AM

This is so perfect in every way, its so affordable like literally its less than a cup of coffee and I'm an eyeliner junkie I wear eyeliner every single day it's my go to look and this stuff is incredible the color is fantastic the applicator is so soft and easy to draw with it dries supper fast and stays put all day especially if you set it with some powder and the product also lasts well over a year

I'm giving this this fabulous thing 5 stars for everything! I originally got this because I was on the hunt for a liquid eyeliner that I could actually put on myself. When I brought this home I was unimpressed because as I put it on it was far from extra black and had bad pigment. Then, I read on here to store it upside down. So I started storing it upside down and behold it turned out really black! I love this because it's very easy to put and dries very quickly! The pen itself is a nice size too!

on 11/13/2014 6:08:00 PM

I bought two of these eyeliner pens, the first one was super dry so I returned it. Then I bought another and it wasn't quite as dry, but still not as moist as I had hoped. I put it in my markup bag upside down for about 3 days and holy cow did it make a huge difference! The pigment is super super black now! It goes on pretty smooth, bot as smooth as liquid liner with a brush and pot, but I still enjoy the product. It's easier to apply than regular liquid liner, so on those days that I am in a huge hurry and can't spend all the time I need on my makeup this.is perfect.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this eyeliner about a three weeks ago because a YouTuber I follow on Instagram swears by this. At first I was going to completely agree with the previous review in that its not pigmented at all and see through.. But then I decided to store it upside down for about two days and then it was pigmented. I really like this and I think its def worth the $3.50 I paid at Target. I would repurchase and recommend :) p.s the fact that its a bit sheer at first allowed me to practice using this type of eyeliner. I was used to using brush tip

on 8/25/2014 8:54:00 PM

I thought I was buying NYX eyeliner at the store which has good reviews. I realized it was NYC only at home...
Good thing I don't have to be disappointed with nyx but I am definitely disappointed with this high definition eyeliner in extra black. It's not extra black at all, not even your regular black. Because it's not pigmented it's kind of see through black .
I thought I will reach the solid black color if I let it dry on the eyelid and then will make a line again but it didn't work out.
It's only 3.50$, not a big loss plus I can wear it every single day without looking too made up. Still... don't waste your money, buy smth worthy.

Top Rated New York Color Products