December 22, 2014 | 1057 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - High Definition Liquid Eyeliner extra black

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by sincerelyyourskaitlin

I'm giving this this fabulous thing 5 stars for everything! I originally got this because I was on the hunt for a liquid eyeliner that I could actually put on myself. When I brought this home I was unimpressed because as I put it on it was far from extra black and had bad pigment. Then, I read on here to store it upside down. So I started storing it upside down and behold it turned out really black! I love this because it's very easy to put and dries very quickly! The pen itself is a nice size too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by karliemoore17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought two of these eyeliner pens, the first one was super dry so I returned it. Then I bought another and it wasn't quite as dry, but still not as moist as I had hoped. I put it in my markup bag upside down for about 3 days and holy cow did it make a huge difference! The pigment is super super black now! It goes on pretty smooth, bot as smooth as liquid liner with a brush and pot, but I still enjoy the product. It's easier to apply than regular liquid liner, so on those days that I am in a huge hurry and can't spend all the time I need on my makeup this.is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by eyeluvmakeup21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeliner about a three weeks ago because a YouTuber I follow on Instagram swears by this. At first I was going to completely agree with the previous review in that its not pigmented at all and see through.. But then I decided to store it upside down for about two days and then it was pigmented. I really like this and I think its def worth the $3.50 I paid at Target. I would repurchase and recommend :) p.s the fact that its a bit sheer at first allowed me to practice using this type of eyeliner. I was used to using brush tip

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I was buying NYX eyeliner at the store which has good reviews. I realized it was NYC only at home...
Good thing I don't have to be disappointed with nyx but I am definitely disappointed with this high definition eyeliner in extra black. It's not extra black at all, not even your regular black. Because it's not pigmented it's kind of see through black .
I thought I will reach the solid black color if I let it dry on the eyelid and then will make a line again but it didn't work out.
It's only 3.50$, not a big loss plus I can wear it every single day without looking too made up. Still... don't waste your money, buy smth worthy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie707

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't waste your money!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner was not all that bad IMO. It stayed on all day and didnt smudge (I have hooded lids). It could be more pigmented but for $3.50 its not too bad. I dont use liquid liner on my water line so idk about that. The pen works fine, to me just like any other pen for more money. For an everyday kind of liner I liked it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by viv5499

It's not a bad eyeliner for the price, however it is pretty watery and unpigmented. Especially the first time i used it it was not very black but it got better. I do love the thin marker tip which i use on its side to draw the line. It's very easy to control, but the product itself is a little disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Mviera4

This is very watery, and not pigmented. It's extremely hard to work with. I regret buying this product and definitely will be returning. I have used NYC products that I love in that past, but this was not one of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by victoriahokan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A lot of people hate this eyeliner because it is not as black and more watery. However, this is how I like my eyeliner since I feel like intense black eyeliner makes me look too harsh. Already bought by second tube!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Clapyourhandstwice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree that this liner isn't very pigmented. I find you have to trace over your line several times to get a solid colour. The ink does tend to come out better if you use it sideways and not just with the tip. I will not be repurchasing.