April 17, 2014 | 1001 users online

Treatments - Garnier - Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by 1_more_mile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I made a trip to Ulta armed with my list of must-haves based on Makeup Alley reviews. This is my first review ever!
My hair is medium-fine ,shoulder-length, naturally wavy dark blonde working its way toward grey. Sometimes I straighten via flat iron, sometimes I just want to fluff it and go. I only color it (via a box color) once every few months, actually last time was October. I laughed at one of the reviewers here about her "hating the whole haircut experience" because I too feel the same! Spend all that money and and honestly, I have not had a real haircut in 2 years and I don't think it looks any different after I blow dry and straighten. I usually just have my daughter trim the ends. Just so you know my hair-philosophy. But I still want to look pretty of course! Leading me to this review: Last night was a wash-night (I try to only wash 2 or 3 times a week, hoping that it will keep my hair healthier, who knows!) I used Redken Cleansing Cream only, no conditioner. After a little towel-drying I applied a dime size circle of the thin-ish oil and massaged through, starting with ends. I put a tiny bit more, maybe 2 drops rubbed between my palms, over the top of my head. Then I went to bed. Yes, I go to bed with wet hair. I'm lazy.
Well. Softness in ABUNDANCE the next morning! I think I could have just fluffed it up and gone off to work, it looked that good. But the front was a little too wierd (remember, I slept on a wet head) so I ended up flat-ironing. Soft and smooth. I love it. Not quite at 5 lippies yet since I have only used once. SInce I appreciate reviewers that post edit and updates, I will try to do the same after I have experimented with this more. But I have to say I'm quite pleased with my first use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love how versatile this product is, and it's even better that it works well in every aspect. This product can be applied with your conditioner for extra softness and shine, as a blow dry serum, and on dry hair as a frizz tamer for additional sleekness. I have used it all 3 ways and have been impressed. I usually use it with my conditioner and as a blow dry serum. I normally don't add it to dry hair because my volume goes down a little. It doesn't make my hair greasy, I just prefer not to use it on dry hair so I can maintain maximum volume. I definitely notice a difference in my hair when I use this in the shower with my conditioner. My hair is sleeker, more manageable with less frizz, and even a bit softer. I like it as a blow dry serum as well. It reduces frizz and adds sleekness, shine, and manageability. The affordable price of this product is a great added bonus, too. Definitely a great product that provides the results it promises without breaking the bank.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by sherLOCHED

Basically, I love this product! It make my hair look shiny, not greasy, and it's great becuase it makes my hair more supple as well. I get really bad frizz, and I even have split ends to some extent. This helps me tame all of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE! I bought this at Shoppers Drug Mart (I believe it was $4.99 ish) and loved it from the moment I started using it. It smells great, and the oil has a nice thickness (ie. not so runny it's like water, but not so thick it will turn my head into an oil slick). I have very thick, curly hair that I usually wear straight and I find I don't need to use a lot of this product to make my hair smooth and shiny. Also, I've been applying a small amount to my ends before bed and when I wake up I can't get over how smooth they are.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by DopeGirl187

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ahh I love this baby so much and I'm so happy I got it.
It made my hair so silky and shiny, without being greasy and oily.
The smell is amazing! Some people don't like it but I love it. It smells like fruits.
Overall this is am AMAZING product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by TouchOfSin

Love this baby right here. Leaves my hair silky soft and so shiny! That's all I can say haha. The fragance isn't the best but it doesn't bother me. I also like how it isn't so oily on your hands like many leave ins out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by breaktheattraction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is by far, the best thing i have ever put into my hair. i bought this a few weeks ago, and was pretty wary because of how thin my hair is; i thought it would make my delicate strands greasy!

when i got home that night, i used it on my dry and brittle locks and couldn't believe my eyes; my hair was shiny, soft, manageable, and absolutely beautiful! i could barely tell that it had ever been damaged, straightened, or dyed. the product is a somewhat thick, greasy oil that has an orange tinge, so i'd be careful if you have lighter hair because it might stain. the smell isn't too bad, and it doesn't linger so that doesn't bother me at all. the only problem i have with this is that the packaging is somewhat difficult to use. you can't really control how much product comes out, and if too much comes out, your hair will be greasy.

i like using this when my hair is damp or dry, and didn't really notice too much of a difference when i mixed it with my conditioner. i honestly think my conditioner diluted the effects of the oil! i use this before i straighten/blowdry my hair (i also apply heat protectant after the oil so my hair won't suffer from 360 degrees of heat from my flat iron) and i adore how shiny and soft it is after i'm finished with my styling routine. i will purchase this again and keep you guys updated if any changes occur.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

AMAZING. When my hair gets poofy from blow-drying, it shrinks it to half the size. It gives silky shine after styling especially. Don't really like the smell, but it's not pungent. Amazing for the price, I got it for $6 at wegmans, use it nearly every day, and it's lasted me almost a year! A little goes a long way. One time though it opened in a bag an a bunch poured out (1/4 inch of product maybe), but haven't had any other problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by PaolaheartsJB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Favorite hair purchase of the year! I have naturally dry hair and was looking for a hair serum... that didn't smell like coconut. This "oil treatment" answered all my prayers. Its lightweight, nonsticky, and smells like lightly scented vanilla. I use this on damp hair, focusing on the ends for softness and easy styling and after heat styling for shine and frizz control. This manages not to weigh my hair down while making my hair actually look healthy. The fact that its also only about four bucks is icing on the cake.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by kellybaybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I call this my cheap moroccan oil! I apply a nickel size three times a week and it smoothes my hair. After straightening, my hair looks like a million bucks!