November 23, 2014 | 2051 users online

Sunscreen - Mary Kay - TimeWise Day Solution Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I know this has been reformulated, and I got a free one of this new SPF 35 ones before my old day solution was out. well i have O-I-L-Y skin! and i was afraid, after reading the reviews here and elsewhere, that the new spf 35 would be greasy on my skin. it is very much more runny than the old, that is for sure. however, i did a test for a few days and put 1/2 spf 25 (old) and 1/2 spf 35 (new) on either side of my face, and neither caused any grease of any kind. I think this is a GREAT spf w/ added skin benefits for oily skin since it's so light.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by sammraovich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure what's up with this product, but when I tried it, it gave me all these bumps all over my skin on my face. When I quit using it, the bumps went away. I do not know if it's my skin getting use to some ingredient in the product or what, sort of like break outs you get when using vitamin A like Retin A, but either way, I would say do NOT use this product. If you like Mary Kay, then use the sunscreen for the body. I use that on my face and do not get break outs nor any bumps. I would only sell this to someone if they wanted it, but even then I try to get them to get the sunscreen for the body from Mary Kay, you get more and it's cheaper, and best of all, I won't have to refund the money when they complain about bumps! (which has happened to 2 other clients of mine besides myself.) Bottom line: STAY AWAY FROM DAY SOLUTION!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I sampled this product on one side of my face at a friends MK party and my face began burning where it was applied in less than 5 minutes. I've had a similar experience with Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer that resulted in a chemical type burn that left me with a gross brown spot on my face. The active ingredients are the same for both products but with Neutrogena I didn't have a problem until I perspired or went into salt water. I wouldn't recommend something with the potential to be that harsh to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by marciap81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yea not too happy about the new formulation... Very watery and I think it breaking me out. They added new ingredients and its not the same pretty upset as I had used it for years. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by DebbieDeeze

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used the former formula with spf 25. It was wonderful. The new formula is extremly oily. It is a watery lotion,not the creamy consistency of before. Mary Kay, you messed up on this one! I would love to leave a review on their webiste, but don't have the option to. What are you scared of Mary Kay?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the new 2012 fomulation. Avobenzene 2%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2%, Oxybenzone 4%.

My Mary Kay lady gave me samples of the new one to try and ouch! My face immediately started burning and I had to wash it off. I had used the old formula years ago with no problem, the sun protection wasn't great so I didn't use it regularly. My guess is the homosalate though it could have been one of the inactive ingredients, hard to tell. Bade news either way.