Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

3.3

I'm surprised by the negative reviews! I liked this mascara much better than the Lash Rocket. The Rockets bristles were too short to grip my lashes and the formula was too wet and made my lashes feel brittle. This one has a very nice formula that lengthens and volumizes without weighing my lashes down or making them feel heavy and crunchy.

The brush is a little odd. It's oval shaped so it takes some getting used to. If you have very short lashes, I could see how this would be a problem. However, it works like a dream for me and I'm able to grip every lash. Applying this on my lower lashes can get tricky but it's doable.

This lengthens and volumizes for me without excessive clumping. My eyelashes look fake! It's fantastic! This mascara is good at holding a curl as well. It doesn't flake off all over the place throughout the day. It does rub off on my under eye area a little, but not as bad as others I've tried...just don't cry when you wear this!! Lol.

It's also easy to remove, and it doesn't make my lashes fall out. HUGE plus.

I love this stuff and I will always have a tube in my makeup bag! It's a product that I use daily. It's definitely worth trying out.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

This is my HG mascara. I have repurchased this mascara plenty of times. My lashes are already pretty long (thanks dad, lol) but this mascara takes my lashes to another level! People always ask or assume I'm wearing falsies when I have this mascara on. The wand is huge which helps create volume, and the formula stays put and doesn't make your lashes flaky (my lashes are always very bendable when this is applied). If your interested, I would say go for it. Besides, it's only about $4, what are you really losing?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This smells strongly of roses.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is great and for awhile was my every day mascara. But I have since tried the Rimmel Scandel-eyes Retro Glam which has the same affect on my lashes but I can buy in two packs for just a bit more than the single Maybelline costs me.

on 8/4/2015 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

So I bought the Navy Velvet shade to take coloured mascara for a whirl. I was definitely afraid of this mascara as I had heard it had no volume (thanks to the mousse formula) and the brush was bendy. I took the risk because I wanted to try some blue mascara and it was on sale / clearance at Rexall for $3.96.

So the mascara itself is a very deep blue. It applies better then I thought, the wand was stiffer then I thought it would be. This mascara gives my lashes fantastic definition and length, but the volume this mascara's packaging screams about? Non-existent.

This mascara does leave my lashes feeling very soft and flexible which is pleasant.

The blue tint is barely there. It shows somewhat but it's not very obvious. So if you want to try a blue mascara but you don't want something too obvious, this mascara is a nice option.

So don't buy this as a volumizing mascara because it will not deliver. If you're more into length and definition you will be quite pleased with this mascara.

It's nice but I don't think I would repurchase it. The colour isn't as noticeable as I wanted it to be and I like more volume with my mascaras so I wouldn't repurchase.

TL;DR: The blue tint is very subtle so it's suitable for day time wear. This mascara is not a volumizing one but does more in the length and definition department. All in all it's okay, and I wouldn't repurchase it.

on 7/29/2015 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this in a double pack, which seemed like a great deal. I now have two tubes of mascara that make my eyes burn, itch, and tear up. There is no lasting power and has something which I am allergic to. I don't know why I continued to use this when I have to wash it off as soon as I come home. My eyes were even creating mucus in reaction to the poor formulation. I'm throwing it away tonight. I walked away for a month and came back, thinking it was seasonal allergies. Smeared, blurry eyes.... No thanks.

on 7/20/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

My mother is really picky about makeup and doesn't wear much of it. However she had this in her makeup bag and raved about it. She has really sensitive eyes and claims the reason she loves this formula is because it doesn't irritate them. I had to give this mascara a shot.

I was really blown away by what this did to my lashes. It made them long and full, giving me a false lashes effect. The brush for this mascara is gigantic, but required very little effort on my part to apply the product. I was in awe.

The reason I won't give this 4 or 5 stars is because it smudged after 8 hours. For what it's worth, I don't like most of the traditional mascaras on today's market. Even the waterproof formulas get removed by my pizzaface's oil production. So I'll have to stick to the limited amount of tubing mascaras out there.

But if I had a normal skintype, I'd be all over this. My mother on the other hand is a repeat purchaser of Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush.

on 7/12/2015 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am in love with Maybelline volume express the mega plush mascara. I had originally bought this for my daughter and after I seen how it made her eyelashes extend and look long and full I thought id try it . So I went out and bought some more and ow my . Maybelline you are my new best friend I cant believe how great this worked and made me look. I got so many complements on my eyes I just love it!!! Thanks Maybelline . If you want beautiful long lasting full plush volume eyelashes this mascara for you and very affordable. Buy it today.

on 7/12/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe all of the low reviews! This is the best mascara I've ever used; every time I've tried something else, I always come back to this one. It gives lashes volume without being too much, and because it's so easy to build off of, you could apply a little for a more natural look or wear multiple coats without it drying too quickly or clumping. I also really like the brush. Bottom line, the only way I'd stop wearing this mascara is if they discontinued it!

on 7/2/2015 8:53:00 AM

Wow! I'm shocked at the low rating for this mascara. I've tried a lot of mascaras (high and low end) and I really, really love this one. It doesn't clump or flake and it's very very buildable. Makes my lashes thick like fake eyelashes. I will definitely keep buying this great fantastic mascara as long as they keep making it.