September 2, 2014 | 1892 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by sabripereira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually really like the volum' express mascaras, so when I saw this new one I thought I'd give it a try. I gotta say this is my favourite one yet. It leaves your lashes soft while giving volume and length.

The brush is a bit too big making it hard to get at the corner lashes without making a mess.

I really like the texture of it, it's not sticky at all. It makes my lashes feel quite silky and it has a very smooth application.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by firefox23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really surprised that this mascara doesn't have a higher rating on Makeup Alley - it's actually amazing.

Recently Target had a special promo on Maybelline mascaras ($3.50 each). For some reason, I've always been really intrigued by the Mega Plush Volum' Express whenever I'm in the drug store - maybe it's the name, or the fact that it has a giant brush and a gel mousse formula. Despite this, i've ALMOST purchased it about 3 times, but never sealed the deal. Finally I decided to buy it with the 50% off Target sale.

I actually bought another Maybelline mascara which I tried first and was kind of 'meh' about so I cracked this one open. I have the shade 'Blackest Black', because I generally always purchase the darkest colour. I just love it. I put on a number of coats and it didn't clump, and just added the perfect amount of plump volume (the name doesn't lie). Even though it adds volume and length, it doesn't come across as 'harsh' looking, as with light coloured hair I sometimes find mascara just sticks out too much in an overdone way.

This one is perfection - it has a weird football shaped brush that's flexible, and for me, the formula doesn't transfer from upper or lower lash line. You can build it up quickly for amazing voluminous lashes, or do one coat for something subtle. It doesn't clump like other mascara's (I believe that no matter what type of mascara you use, if you put on a 'crap load' it will clump. period.)

I kept looking at my lashes in the mirror after I first used this - highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by TheBeautySwiftie

I really love this mascara. I hate how some mascaras make your lashes hard and flakey. This mascara keeps your lashes soft throughout the day, and definitely doesn't flake. It made my lashes look much longer and fuller, especially with a curl. And the best part is it didn't look spidery at all like some Other products. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

I actually love this mascara! I bought it a while ago but forgot to use it. I just brought it back out and love the fluttery and full effect it gives my lashes! I personally hate the cartooney packaging though. Unfortunately, I will not be repurchasing since I have decided I am only going to buy cruelty-free.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by iHopee

One of my favorite mascara now! My lashes totally looked fake after 2 coats of this bad boy! The first coat was kind of "Ehh" like any other mascara, but I decided to wait and added on another coat, and that's when the magic happened. I was pretty surprised at the 2nd coat, the mascara was able to lift my lashes up and gave me that "falsie" look. I am definitely looking forward to repurchasing this again! :DD

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Riri99

Great mascara! It lives up to the "mega plush" component! But can be on the drier side.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

I'm someone who likes lashes that have a lot of length and volume: with no clumps and no spidery effect. I heard this mascara is really nice for lengthening, so I gave it a try, and I really hate it compared to other mascaras in the Volum Express line.. but it's not the absolute worst mascara EVER.
Basically, you can get a nice natural look with some length if you're really careful with this mascara and take the time to work with it. However, 9 times out of 10, this mascara ends up looking like a spidery, clumpy mess. Not to mention that the way the brush bends makes it impossible to build up.
I won't be repurchasing. Maybelline DEFINITELY has better mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by DrowningInEyeliner

Nope. Never again. I can see why some people really like this mascara, since some girls do like the "spidery" look, but personally, I hate it! I like my mascaras to look natural, yet defined, and also to actually live up to their descriptions. It's supposed to give your lashes volume, but only gave mine length, and while it did give them good separation and definition, it just looked spidery. I will say that the packaging is cute though, unfortunately not cute enough for me to overlook the crappy product. Guess I'll be heading back to get a different mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by LIPGLOSSADDICT1025

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara! I currently have six Volum' Express marcaras, and I like this on the best. I love the packaging. I bought this for around five dollars at my Superstore. I bought it in black, and the pigmentation really lasts. The brush is nice for my lashes, although the brush is too large for my lower lashes, but I don't mind much. It doesn't clump on me, nor does it smear. It smells like a traditional mascara. I will totally repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by makeupfiend13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Doesn't give the volume I expected. The pro is that it doesn't flake or clump but definitely does not give the volume advertised. I also purchased the Plush purple color along with the black and the purple doesn't even show. In the tube it looks kind of lilac but on the lashes does not have color payoff. Pretty disappointed :(