Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Berlin

4.1

Holy cow I love this thing. Very first KVD liquid lipstick I ever purchased (after being disappointed that Lolita was sold out every time they have restocked it). It stays on for hours with very minimal retouching needed (you MIGHT need to after lunchtime). On my warm skin tone it is more of a bright pinkish-red and it is perfect.

on 3/22/2015 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This pulls salmon on me, whereas it seems to be pink for almost everyone else. But the color it is for me is actually very pretty and unique. I am a big fan of KVD liquid lipsticks. They are the most comfortable of the ones I've tried and they are truly long lasting.

on 3/18/2015 7:27:00 AM

I fell in love with the staying power of this! It does fade a bit as the day progresses and you eat or drink but there is still color on your lips at the end of the day. It even requires some serious makeup removal. It's a nice hot pinky red color. I found that if you use one coat it's more of a hot pink fuchsia look and if you layer it become a deeper almost red color. It dries to a nice matte finish. The applicator is OK but you have to be careful if you want a sharp precise line. The only downside to this is that it is quite drying. I have generally dry lips to begin with so I scrub them well before wearing this product otherwise it looks horrible. I tried it with a lip balm under and also with a lip gloss on top. Both options make the staying power decrease drastically. Definitely interested in trying some other colors.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm of two minds about this product. Berlin is a vibrant warm rose-pink that looks great on me. The lipstick has some of the best wear I've seen in a lipstick in a long time: it lasted several hours through coffee and snacks, though salad dressing finally killed it. The finish is a nice matte. It's not as drying as Too Faced's Melted Lipsticks (a plus).

But I found the formula...well, not uncomfortable, not drying, but somehow strange-feeling on my lips. I could feel its presence, if that makes any sense. The lipstick also sets VERY fast, and the doe-foot applicator doesn't make for the most precise application. I'm debating about using a lip brush to edge my lips for a cleaner line. Removal of the lipstick was hard without the salad dressing: it took a lot of remover and some scrubbing to get it off, and even so, it left behind a stain.

So, not in love with it, but I think I'll try playing with a bit to see if I can make it work better.

on 12/18/2014 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me just start by saying that the Sephora site's description of this shade as a "warm rose" is absolutely 100% incorrect. In fact, that's not even close to how one should describe this shade. This is more like a bright coral pink. I mean it is briiiiiiight. I mean that in the best way possible. Thank goodness I had seen swatches online before purchasing, so I knew what I was getting into.
First off, as bright and "summery" as this shade is, I'm still wearing it in the cold months because it's just that gorgeous, and paired with a rosy blush with gold shimmer, it wakes up my complexion in the most spectacular way. I'm a bit fair, with somewhat yellowish undertones and pink cheeks. Anything that makes me look this awake and radiant is going to transcend seasons. Besides, who the hell needs rules?
The texture of this lip color is absolutely fantastic. Once applied, it dries almost instantly to a super-matte, weightless finish that stays all day long (with minor touchups after eating). This withstands my morning (and afternoon) coffee and about a gallon of water per day. It's spectacular. But despite its staying power, I don't find it dries out my lips at all. No flaking, no weird fading.
The packaging is gorgeous, as is most of the KVD cosmetic line. The doe-foot applicator is soft and velvety, yet stiff enough to give a fantastic amount of control. Usually with these liquid lip colors, the application requires some detailing with a brush, but for some reason, this one doesn't.
I absolutely love this product, and will definitely be purchasing more.

on 12/16/2014 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I got this lippie in a mini set with a mini studded kiss in lolita. I haven't worn this out yet because it such a bright spring/summer color. I am nc50 ish and I feel this lip stain is too bright for my complexion. I would not recommend it for medium brown and up WOC. I do think I'l get use out of it though, I would wear it going out at night or layered with a pink or purple lipstick or gloss. I love using long wearing stains under similar toned lipsticks to increase the staying power. I wouldn't buy this full size, but I would recommend the sephora lip cream stains they're 12$ and have a similar -to better formulation than these Kat Von D ones.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an interesting shade. I'd call it a warm coral pink instead of warm rose like it's described. This can pull more orange or pink depending on your skin tone. The new formula is less drying and I don't think it separates inside the tube like before. The floral pattern was also changed and now it extends down the length of the tube. I really can't stop myself from buying these. All of the shades are good.

on 5/14/2014 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Great product, love the matte texture. I can confidently leave this at home and have all day wear without needing to re-aply.
Works great with my cool undertones and dark hair- lots of compliments every time I wear it out :)!

Holy grail of liquid lipsticks. Wait until you feel texture and see the color intensity. In love!

on 2/10/2014 4:47:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love the formula and finish of these Everlasting Love liquid lipsticks... they're easy to control when you're applying them, and they quickly dry down to a SUPER matte finish that has a rich, velvety look. I feel like the product actually fills in the lines on my lips and makes them appear smoother and plumper, too. These are what I wanted OCC's Lip Tars to be like.

This lippie doesn't transfer at all, and there's no need to re-apply throughout the day except after eating. In my experience, it tends to fade pretty evenly, too. Berlin is a SUPER bold coral-y red color that isn't for the faint of heart.. because of the slight orangeness it looks great on a warm skin tone, especially with a neutral eye look. I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 because, like most long-wear lip products, it's extremely drying, but overall, I think it's a great product and I look forward to trying more shades!

Recommended for Medium Skin