Ecotools Bamboo Buffing Brush

4.6

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Off to the beauty store to purchase a new buffing foundation brush. Previously I was using a Mac flat foundation brush that I've had for years (flat like a large paintbrush). Often the Mac brush would leave my face very streaky. I figured I may as well try the new buffing type to see how they work. I was making over $150 purchase on new makeup and moisturizers therefore, was hesitant to spend another $40 on a brush. But I wanted one :). an employee at the store suggested I try this brush and said that it works just as well no need to spend a ton of money on a new brush. I argued with her slightly stating sometimes you get what you pay for (even though I was pretty much busting at the seams with the money I was spending in the store that day). I trusted her suggestion.
Very very pleased and would definitely buy it again! No stray brush hairs on my face or any issues. There was one longer brush hair when I first removed it from the package, I trimmed it with a scissor, and that was that. I cannot compare this brush to a high end one since this is the first time I am trying a " buffing type" foundation brush. I can share that my skin appears smooth after applying foundation and I can't imagine a more expensive brush doing anything much different.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I use this fabulous brush to reapply my blush at lunchtime. It is so soft and does such a fabulous job of buffing my blush so that there are no harsh lines or demarcations - I can honestly put on my blush without a mirror because I trust that this brush, with one dab into my blusher, will do the trick. I couldn't be without this unique and exceptional tool!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Love this, it's very soft but still blends my foundation flawlessly :)

on 12/27/2014 11:34:00 PM

I absolutely love this brush! I use it every time I do my makeup whether it is foundation or BB cream and it just blends it in flawlessly. It doesn't waste the product you're using and it helps get in all the annoying spots as well as making sure there are no patches with minimal effort. Prefer over any of my brushes or beauty blenders/sponges. Will repurchase over and over and over I absolutely love this brush and would recommend it to everyone as its a good price and amazing.

on 12/18/2014 8:24:00 PM

So this is odd to review, because this brush actually fell apart on me the first time I used it (the handle literally fell off), but besides that, this is a really quality brush! (Weird, I know. I ended up keeping the broken brush anyways because I liked it being shorter so I could get closer to the mirror).

I bought this brush specifically for mineral makeup when I was getting back into it, I heard that the regular kabuki brushes don't actually deposit a lot of the makeup on your face, which can cause it to have very light coverage. This brush was recommended instead, and I'm so glad I bought it! using this with mineral makeup, I always have a nearly flawless finish...and I don't have flawless skin. It buffs my foundation into my skin so beautifully. The brush itself is very full, not at all skimpy, and it's ridiculously soft. This is definitely my favourite brush. I'm getting into cream foundations now, so I look forward to seeing what it can do with those, but for mineral makeup, hands down this is the best.

on 12/16/2014 5:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I use this brush almost everyday for my cream foundation and love it! It is very soft and gives a nice airbrushed look. I've had it for about a year now and I haven't noticed any shedding. It is great quality for $7. I kept the little bag that it came in which is great for traveling.

on 12/14/2014 7:20:00 PM

This is a nice brush for liquid foundation. It buffs it well and the coverage is natural looking. It is not good for powders, especially blush. It basically erases them instead of blending. This is a good low cost option.

on 12/2/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this for applying contour powder. This is a great product - very reasonably priced, soft, environmentally sound company. Def would buy this again.

on 9/24/2014 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a fabulous foundation brush - definitely the best blender and finisher I've ever used. Great price. I had to replace it due to a bout with pinkeye, and it was out of stock. Replaced it with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, which I like very much but not as much as the Ecotools. When the RT dies, I'll repurchase this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I own many EcoTools brushes and one thing is for certain with this brand, they are super high quality and last for many years to come. When I found out they were launching flat top foundation brushes for their collection I was ecstatic!
I previously bought the BB/CC cream flat top angled brush and I loved it! I was searching for this buffing brush everywhere and finally found it at WalMart for $8.
This brush is super amazing indeed! Its a SUPER SOFT flat top brush that has a nice density when it comes to the bristles. They are resilient enough to buff the product perfectly and they are also flexible enough to make the circular motions over the skin easy and not harsh at all. It doesn't cause uncomfortable friction which in turn helps skin by not provoking acne.
My foundation looked a gazillion times better than when I used a wedge sponge. This makes foundation become one with the skin, and it layers it beautifully. This and the angled flat top brush are a total repurchase for me! Love this.

Popular Makeup Brushes