December 21, 2014 | 1653 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo Buffing Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So this is odd to review, because this brush actually fell apart on me the first time I used it (the handle literally fell off), but besides that, this is a really quality brush! (Weird, I know. I ended up keeping the broken brush anyways because I liked it being shorter so I could get closer to the mirror).

I bought this brush specifically for mineral makeup when I was getting back into it, I heard that the regular kabuki brushes don't actually deposit a lot of the makeup on your face, which can cause it to have very light coverage. This brush was recommended instead, and I'm so glad I bought it! using this with mineral makeup, I always have a nearly flawless finish...and I don't have flawless skin. It buffs my foundation into my skin so beautifully. The brush itself is very full, not at all skimpy, and it's ridiculously soft. This is definitely my favourite brush. I'm getting into cream foundations now, so I look forward to seeing what it can do with those, but for mineral makeup, hands down this is the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by ashley54501

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this brush almost everyday for my cream foundation and love it! It is very soft and gives a nice airbrushed look. I've had it for about a year now and I haven't noticed any shedding. It is great quality for $7. I kept the little bag that it came in which is great for traveling.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Florida555

This is a nice brush for liquid foundation. It buffs it well and the coverage is natural looking. It is not good for powders, especially blush. It basically erases them instead of blending. This is a good low cost option.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

Bought this for applying contour powder. This is a great product - very reasonably priced, soft, environmentally sound company. Def would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fabulous foundation brush - definitely the best blender and finisher I've ever used. Great price. I had to replace it due to a bout with pinkeye, and it was out of stock. Replaced it with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, which I like very much but not as much as the Ecotools. When the RT dies, I'll repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I own many EcoTools brushes and one thing is for certain with this brand, they are super high quality and last for many years to come. When I found out they were launching flat top foundation brushes for their collection I was ecstatic!
I previously bought the BB/CC cream flat top angled brush and I loved it! I was searching for this buffing brush everywhere and finally found it at WalMart for $8.
This brush is super amazing indeed! Its a SUPER SOFT flat top brush that has a nice density when it comes to the bristles. They are resilient enough to buff the product perfectly and they are also flexible enough to make the circular motions over the skin easy and not harsh at all. It doesn't cause uncomfortable friction which in turn helps skin by not provoking acne.
My foundation looked a gazillion times better than when I used a wedge sponge. This makes foundation become one with the skin, and it layers it beautifully. This and the angled flat top brush are a total repurchase for me! Love this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Lexeek19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush is amazing! It's so soft but dense enough to give you a flawless finish. The size of the brush is great, not to small like Ecotools's other foundation brush. As far as the brush quality itself I firmly believe that it will last a long time. And price is unbeatable for the product you get! (Picked mine up at walmart)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

GREAT brush... My darn face flakes up from the smallest abrasion from brushes. What I like about this brush is that I can apply powder foundation smoothly onto my skin. I think this has to do with the softness or the cut of the bristles or both! The brush also picks up the product really well.
I use it with my Tarte Amazonian Clay powder foundation and I didn't want to spend $26 on the little brush! I figured the Ecotools buffing brush would be a better alternative and what do you knoww :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by nataliad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is amazing for the price! I use it to buff in my MAC Pro Longwear foundation, and it is definitely the best application method I have tried (vs. fingers, a paddle brush, stippling brush, and the elf powder brush). I also have the ELF Studio Powder brush which I used to love for applying for foundations, but I definitely think I like the finish of the Ecotools one a lot better. Just to compare, Ecotools buffing brush is smaller, has shorter bristles, and the bristles aren't as stiff (they're more soft - I think this is why it buffs out foundation better) than the ELF brush. The ELF one is a bit bigger and can cover a larger area quicker, but I still prefer the Ecotools one. The fact that it is organic and cruelty-free is also a MAJOR bonus! Get this brush now, seriously.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is good for liquid foundation. This works a little bit better than using my hands and uses less product. The brush itself is soft and the bristles are short so you have better control. I also can use this with cream blush and it works well, but packs on a bit too much product so I find that I have to go back in with my hands and sheer it out a little. This would be great for packing on cream blush that normally goes on too sheer or light for you.