Ecotools Bamboo Buffing Brush

4.6

on 8/26/2015 10:00:00 PM

Great brush, picks up the minerals in the foundation well and covers face nicely. Does shed a bit of hair sticking to my face but that's like any brushes.

on 8/26/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was the 4th buffing type brush that I bought because I needed backups, those are my most used brushes. It's flat top and not as a dense as the Real Techniques buffing brush, but I ended up liking this a lot. I use it mainly for liquid or powder foundations. For areas where I need more coverage with liquid foundation I use a stippling motion, with powder foundations I buff the product in. It's super soft as all the Ecotools brushes, great price, around 7 or 8 CAD$, I like it! I guess you could use this to blend cream blushes, bronzer or contour products, I don't use it for that but it could work.

on 8/12/2015 12:40:00 AM

Too small and quite dense for my liking. Everytime I go to use this for my foundation, it is awkward. Picks up too much foundation- not giving a natural look. Not sure how to describe it but I think it just needs to be bigger...

on 7/5/2015 9:37:00 PM

This brush is great. It is soft and fairly dense. I use it to apply liquid foundations and it works so well. It's easy to quickly spread out the product evenly. I was using sponges and flat foundation brushes before this, but I am not going back to those thanks to this brush! And for the price this is an excellent deal. The only con I can think of is that it doesn't dry after a wash as easily because it's dense. I usually just give it a little blow dry.

on 6/27/2015 12:51:00 AM

Holy moly, my favorite foundation brush! I bought this brush a while ago spontaneously but never really thought much of it.. didn't use it often, and for a while I just let it settle amongst my other brushes. I go through phases where I use a certain foundation brush religiously, so my review is comparing this brush to the Sigma Flat Kabuki F80, Tarte Foundation Brush, Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush, and the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. They're all spectacular brushes, but one day after watching a beauty guru use this Ecotools brush and apply her foundation flawlessly, I decided "Hey.. Let's try the brush out again." And my god, it is AMAZING. The bristles are SO soft, and it just buffs my foundation (I use Estee Lauder Doublewear) in seamlessly. No dry patches whatsoever (I have combo skin, oily on t-zone, dry patches usually near mouth area and under eyes). I have never loved another brush more.

Another thing is that it does not absorb much of the product so most of it goes on your face (hooray!) Does its job perfectly and buffs the product right onto your skin without wasting your foundation.

This is by far my absolute favorite foundation brush. Definitely recommend it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite brush I own and here's why: I can use it for multiple uses and it can take even a bb cream and make it look like the highest end foundation by the airbrushed finish it gives. The brush is so so soft, I just love rubbing it on my face. Since it is a flat top, I've even used the edge to contour my cheekbones, I also use it to buff in a finishing powder. I never want to be without it!

on 5/19/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The bristles are soft and have some give, but not so much that you don't have any control during application. It feels a bit clunky to use at times, with its small brush head relative to the thick handle, but I'm probably the only one affected by that. It's aimed as a mineral foundation brush but I prefer using it for my runny liquid foundations (in a stippling motion with light buffing). Applies my foundation nicely and hasn't fallen apart on me. :)

on 4/5/2015 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My Bare Minerals kabuki brush was beginning to shed and leave those annoying bristles all over my face and my clothes, so I decided to try out some new brushes. My local GoodWill (Yes, you read that right, G.O.O.D.W.I.L.L) had a large bin full of new brushes, still in the pack, for .99 - 1.99. I saw these (two per pack) and thought I'd give them a try. THEY'RE FANTASTIC.

The brush is very very soft (reminds me of a Tom Ford brush) and the flat top makes buffing in mineral makeup a total dream. While the bristles are stiff, they are very soft and don't cause redness, but they are stiff enough to where there isn't a lot of "give" while using them. The shape of the handle is very smooth and conformed for the palm. I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

Because of these brushes, I will begin adding other Ecotool brushes to my collection. These are great quality brushes.

on 3/18/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is an absolutely fantastic brush. EcoTools is proof that you don't need to spend a ton of money to get a really solid brush. I use this to apply CC cream, foundation, and to blend in concealer, and it does a really great job every time - easily comparable to more expensive brushes that I've used.The bristles are soft against your skin, but sturdy enough to really buff if you need them to. It's the perfect size for covering your face - not too big so that you can't get into the corners around your eyes and nose and up by your hairline, but not too small so that it takes 100 years to get the product around your face. It creates a lovely, natural finish, and doesn't absorb a lot of product. It's also super easy to clean.

I've had this for about 2 months, and I don't think it's shed even a single bristle. I have EcoTools brushes that are 7-8 years old (even with frequent washing), and I have no reason to anticipate that this will be any different. Absolutely, 100% recommend.

I use this for my pressed powder and foundation. It blends beautifully! This makes it easy to focus on my problem oily areas that need extra powder (like the pores right next to my nose) without caking up the rest of my cheeks which tend to be dry. Love this!!! I have the Urban Decay Karma Brush and this Eco brush is equally good without the price tag and the weight of UD.

Top Rated Ecotools Products