August 2, 2014 | 1213 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo Buffing Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I own many EcoTools brushes and one thing is for certain with this brand, they are super high quality and last for many years to come. When I found out they were launching flat top foundation brushes for their collection I was ecstatic!
I previously bought the BB/CC cream flat top angled brush and I loved it! I was searching for this buffing brush everywhere and finally found it at WalMart for $8.
This brush is super amazing indeed! Its a SUPER SOFT flat top brush that has a nice density when it comes to the bristles. They are resilient enough to buff the product perfectly and they are also flexible enough to make the circular motions over the skin easy and not harsh at all. It doesn't cause uncomfortable friction which in turn helps skin by not provoking acne.
My foundation looked a gazillion times better than when I used a wedge sponge. This makes foundation become one with the skin, and it layers it beautifully. This and the angled flat top brush are a total repurchase for me! Love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Lexeek19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush is amazing! It's so soft but dense enough to give you a flawless finish. The size of the brush is great, not to small like Ecotools's other foundation brush. As far as the brush quality itself I firmly believe that it will last a long time. And price is unbeatable for the product you get! (Picked mine up at walmart)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

GREAT brush... My darn face flakes up from the smallest abrasion from brushes. What I like about this brush is that I can apply powder foundation smoothly onto my skin. I think this has to do with the softness or the cut of the bristles or both! The brush also picks up the product really well.
I use it with my Tarte Amazonian Clay powder foundation and I didn't want to spend $26 on the little brush! I figured the Ecotools buffing brush would be a better alternative and what do you knoww :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by nataliad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is amazing for the price! I use it to buff in my MAC Pro Longwear foundation, and it is definitely the best application method I have tried (vs. fingers, a paddle brush, stippling brush, and the elf powder brush). I also have the ELF Studio Powder brush which I used to love for applying for foundations, but I definitely think I like the finish of the Ecotools one a lot better. Just to compare, Ecotools buffing brush is smaller, has shorter bristles, and the bristles aren't as stiff (they're more soft - I think this is why it buffs out foundation better) than the ELF brush. The ELF one is a bit bigger and can cover a larger area quicker, but I still prefer the Ecotools one. The fact that it is organic and cruelty-free is also a MAJOR bonus! Get this brush now, seriously.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is good for liquid foundation. This works a little bit better than using my hands and uses less product. The brush itself is soft and the bristles are short so you have better control. I also can use this with cream blush and it works well, but packs on a bit too much product so I find that I have to go back in with my hands and sheer it out a little. This would be great for packing on cream blush that normally goes on too sheer or light for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by LailaE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a child of the 80's and up until today, was a foundation brush skeptic. No longer. This is the BEST for applying liquid foundation. I can be slap happy and fingers can leave me overdosed. This brush leaves my foundation looking airbrushed. I only used one pump of foundation. I look like a supermodel. I'm buying one for my sister tomorrow.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- soft
- dense
- no shedding
- size

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: Great for liquid foundation and setting powder. You could even use this for contouring. The shape is perfect for getting under the eyes and around the nose. It's dense, but still has flexibility between the bristles to allow easy buffing and nice coverage.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this buffing brush for applying pressed powder over my foundation. It gives an amazing coverage and it makes my skin look smooth and nice. I like this brush better than my EcoTools and Real Techniques powder brushes! This buffing brush is different to some other buffing brushes because it's completely flat on top, others I have seen/user are slightly rounded on the edges.

I would definitely repurchase this brush if I lost it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by akneil

There's not too much to say about this brush, it's just great. I love the flat top, it's awesome for foundation blending. This brush is super soft, but not flimsy. You can usually find these at Winners for 5.99, great buy!

My only complaint is the handle started to come loose from the brush head and I had to tape it. It's not an expensive brush so it's not a big deal to pick up a new one, but it's a little annoying considering I take great care of my brushes. That's why I'm giving this 4 lippies instead of 5. Either way, I love this brush. I alternate between this and the Real Techniques Expert Face brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by beachsunlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive skin and thought this would make my skin irritated but I was pleasantly incorrect. I like to use in to blend cream blush, concealer and powder (not at the same time). It feels comfortable in my hand and is easy to use.