Essie Play Date

4.4

on 6/9/2015 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Finally, an Essie polish I like! This one doesn't seem as thin or streaky as the paler neutral shades I've used. Instead, it a bright, rich, deep purple-orchid that I can't stop staring at. If you like violet cream shades, you will love this one.

on 5/4/2015 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like the color but as with many Essie polishes it is thin. I had to use three to four coats to achieve the color I was looking for. The reason I keep going back to Essie is the durability. I painted my toe nails 10 days ago and only used one coat of top coat. They still look as good as the first day, that's why I love essie!

on 2/27/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this hoping for a dupe of Sephora by OPI Iris I was Thinner, this is not quite it. It's a little lighter and a bit more "easter-ish" imo. That being said it's not a bad it's medium lavender shade, fairly shiny, needed 2 thicker coats to cover without streaks. I personally probably would not repurchase because it's not what I wanted but formula wise it's fine. So I rated it a "buy again" since there's no real reason to bring the rating down on this.

on 2/5/2015 3:27:00 PM

Fun, all year colour!

on 7/2/2014 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Really liked this color! It's darker than a pastel, more of a light-medium shade of lilac/orchid, and 2 coats makes it opaque. I use this on my toes, and think a coral color on my fingers might look nice for summer. I am a fan of both OPI and Essie, but OPI seems to get a little goopier quicker.

on 4/15/2014 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of my favorite polishes ever. This color is just stunning. It's a gorgeous lilac/lavender color but not as pale. It's more orchid to me. Very much the color of the year and looks great for spring.

Formula is great and is not streaky. Fully opaque in 2 coats.

on 4/12/2014 8:29:00 PM

This is a lovely light shade of purple. Great for the spring. It looks similar to OPI's Do you Lilac it? but not too similar.

Took 3 shades to get the streaks out. But overall a very easy application and I really like this colour.

on 3/22/2014 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a really pretty purple. I needed two layers, but added a third just to see if it made a difference (it didn't, really). The colour is almost calming to look at, and I think it's becoming one of my favourite Essie nailpolishes!

on 11/22/2013 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Love this color, got it on Amazon for $5 rather than $8.50 at the store near me. It goes on smooth, but you need two coats to get the true color. I'm new to Essie coming from OPI, and 3 bottles into it, they haven't disappointed me yet! I'm definitely going to continue to buy from this brand.

A nice, slightly more pigmented than pastel-purple. It applied well, almost opaque with 1 coat for the most part. But a did 1 or 2 more, just in case. I really like how it looks, and it lasted quite a few days for me. Much prefer this to some of the other Essie colours I have.

Popular Polishes