December 20, 2014 | 1563 users online

Polishes - Essie - Play Date

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Play Date. It is my most favourite polish colour. And Essie goes gone so well, and has great staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

Really liked this color! It's darker than a pastel, more of a light-medium shade of lilac/orchid, and 2 coats makes it opaque. I use this on my toes, and think a coral color on my fingers might look nice for summer. I am a fan of both OPI and Essie, but OPI seems to get a little goopier quicker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

One of my favorite polishes ever. This color is just stunning. It's a gorgeous lilac/lavender color but not as pale. It's more orchid to me. Very much the color of the year and looks great for spring.

Formula is great and is not streaky. Fully opaque in 2 coats.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Sinochick

This is a lovely light shade of purple. Great for the spring. It looks similar to OPI's Do you Lilac it? but not too similar.

Took 3 shades to get the streaks out. But overall a very easy application and I really like this colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really pretty purple. I needed two layers, but added a third just to see if it made a difference (it didn't, really). The colour is almost calming to look at, and I think it's becoming one of my favourite Essie nailpolishes!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color, got it on Amazon for $5 rather than $8.50 at the store near me. It goes on smooth, but you need two coats to get the true color. I'm new to Essie coming from OPI, and 3 bottles into it, they haven't disappointed me yet! I'm definitely going to continue to buy from this brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A nice, slightly more pigmented than pastel-purple. It applied well, almost opaque with 1 coat for the most part. But a did 1 or 2 more, just in case. I really like how it looks, and it lasted quite a few days for me. Much prefer this to some of the other Essie colours I have.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Sydera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Essie's colors but most of their pastels apply streaky for me. I bought Play Date in my quest to get a pastel with a lot of white in its base that I could apply without looking like I'd coated my fingers in bubble gum. (I know what this looks like--when I was a kid I used to ball up chewing gum and put it over my nails to make it seem like I'd painted them. That's what Essie Fiji looks like when I use my amazing painting skill to apply it). I managed to get Play Date on my hands without major spillage onto my cuticles. Brand new, it's still a thicker, stickier formula when I would like, closer to Essie Teeny Bikini than Essie Geranium (the only Essie polish I can apply well). I will probably be adding a little thinner to the bottle next time, as it seemed the brush got sticky and clumpy on the second coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Kjean05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I just purchased this product today and so far I am impressed. If you are like me, you absolutely can't stand polish that you have to add two or three coats to in order to get the color that is in the bottle. For me, two coats will NEVER fully dry unless I waited an entire day so I need to get the color results from using just the one coat. This is my first essie purchase and I am satisfied. I placed on one coat of polish and it fully dried within i'd say anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes. The color is how it looks in the bottle, therefore I am not forced to add another coat and risk smudging or wait time. The reason I gave an overall rating of 4 is that at $9 bucks for a polish it is not exactly ideal for a person who enjoys switching up many shades. This will have to be more of a polish that I will have to treat myself to.

Overall I am impressed and I also don't have the patience for a base or top coat so I will see how well it holds up on its own, if it does not then it is not really a deal breaker for me as I chose to for-go the other steps.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by morningbender

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I couldn't stop looking at my nails after using this color! The application is beautiful--opaque after one coat. It lasted almost 4 days without one chip with Orly Bonder base coat and Seche Vite top coat. I LOVE the color on my fair skin. Would also look great with a tan.