November 27, 2014 | 1365 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Estee Lauder - Matte Perfecting Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by onebeed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is horrible! It has ALGAE EXTRACT in it, which is extremely pore clogging. I did not know this until I had been using if for 3 weeks, and started wondering what was causing me to break out so much. Do not buy this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I rec'd several tiny trial sizes of this to try and was glad - because I didn't waste any money buying it. It's loaded with good skin care ingredients but there is something in it that made my skin literally break out overnight. I will hold on to it to see if I can use it in the eye area to hold concealer but that too is a risk, unfortunately. The texture was a little stiff and the spread ability limited. For me this is another factor because it's hard to get unto the skin evenly. No full size purchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Aase1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic primer. Is is not as "silicony" as some primers, and it feels as if it is doing beneficial stuff for my skin (not just priming it for foundation). Foundation glides on easily and it has a nice blurring effect and just makes me feel I look much better.
I am trying to finish my Smashbox photo finisk (okish, but bored of it), but I always reach for the Estee Lauder primer whenever I have a special occasion. I like a slightly dewy/glowy look, and this delivers that. I doubt it will control major shine and oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Sindy93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When i first apply it my skin feels really soft and smooth BUT that's all as it doesn't mattify, hide pores or any thing else that it promises to do !! Such a waste of money definitely won't repurchase..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Monicalpizar17

This product didn't work on my combination skin, I wanted to like it since I paid quite a lot for it but I got oily in matter of 2 hours and I hated the feeling of it (it felt slippery and gross).
I won't repurchase and probably will give it away to someone in my family.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This is the first primer I've actually managed to repurchase, as I'm quite picky and also like to experiment. For reference I am combo/oily and clog-prone. I've tried many primers such as Hourglass Mineral Veil, Clarins Instant Smooth, Chanel Le Blanc, Smashbox Photo Finish, etc. The texture is a lightweight cream; it isn't as slippery as traditional silicone primers such as the Smashbox one, but isn't as thick or spackle-like as the Clarins Instant Smooth. It also doesn't leave a powdery finish like the Hourglass Mineral Veil. To me, it can only be described as...perfection. It leaves the skin feeling smooth, silky, and shine-free. It's also thick enough to cover pores without feeling heavy. Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation applies flawlessly on top of this primer, and the combination of the two wears like rock solid on my skin. An added benefit is that it also contains antioxidants in the formula. Overall, a great primer to give your skin a smooth canvas to work with.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this as a set that came with a concealer, foundation brush and stay in place light formula foundation. I used the products together but was not impressed with the primer. I feel it was not effective at mattifying, my nose (which is really oily) would get oily around my nostrils, two hours after application.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by elijes

I really like how this primer feels going on and it does make my skin feel pretty soft on its own but I don't really see a lasting impact on how my makeup looks, nor does it cover redness/large pores (which in all fairness it doesn't claim to do but these are things a primer should do for this price).

Nothing special for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Makeupcrazed1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is great for my sensitive skin, but it doesn't do much for my pores or my oily skin. I don't have very visible pores but I do have small ones on my cheeks, this primer just makes your skin very smooth. I don't love it but I don't hate it. It is expensive though, especially since it doesn't keep oil at bay. I like the packaging and there is no scent which is good, but I definitely think there are better primers out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My latest HG find. I have oiliness in my T-zone (not an outright oil slick, but enough to need to touch up with powder during the day). This primer has literally made it unnecessary for me to need to touch up with powder. I have used this with Doublewear Light and Avon Extralasting Cream foundations. The latter foundation goes somewhat shiny on me pretty quickly without the primer. I'd definitely repurchase.