April 24, 2014 | 1900 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Estee Lauder - Matte Perfecting Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by elijes

I really like how this primer feels going on and it does make my skin feel pretty soft on its own but I don't really see a lasting impact on how my makeup looks, nor does it cover redness/large pores (which in all fairness it doesn't claim to do but these are things a primer should do for this price).

Nothing special for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Makeupcrazed1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is great for my sensitive skin, but it doesn't do much for my pores or my oily skin. I don't have very visible pores but I do have small ones on my cheeks, this primer just makes your skin very smooth. I don't love it but I don't hate it. It is expensive though, especially since it doesn't keep oil at bay. I like the packaging and there is no scent which is good, but I definitely think there are better primers out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My latest HG find. I have oiliness in my T-zone (not an outright oil slick, but enough to need to touch up with powder during the day). This primer has literally made it unnecessary for me to need to touch up with powder. I have used this with Doublewear Light and Avon Extralasting Cream foundations. The latter foundation goes somewhat shiny on me pretty quickly without the primer. I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

I got this primer as part of a package deal when purchasing the double wear light foundation. It's a perfectly decent product. Most importantly I didn't have any allergic reaction, and it didn't break me out. It made my skin feel very smooth, and made my makeup apply and blend very well. It made my makeup last longer and kept the oil at bay for most of the day, but isn't the best primer i've tried. I like arbonne makeup primer better. It makes my makeup last longer, controls oil better, and i need a lot less product so it goes farther. This is a good primer, but not HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by P83Wanad

I took the plunge and bought this as I've grown to trust Estee Lauder and desperately needed something to mattify my oil spillage face. So I thought great, the do do a matte primer, I'll use it along with Double Wear Light, which promises to control oil, and see how it goes.

The consistency is nothing to write home about, it just feels like any random moisturiser, and as it dries, it feels a bit powdery/velvety. But OMG once it sets on your skin you can really see it working! It improves the skin in minutes, gosh!!! I think that's what the Nanoblur or whatever it was supposed to do, and it was rubbish, but this thing does it! I swear EL products are a bit magical. Pricey, but worth every penny.

While it doesn't mattify 100% (nothing does, and nothing ever will) it definitely controls the oil, so you get a lasting dewy healthy natural glow, but it prevents it from getting to the greaseball from hell stage.

After using this primer on top of moisturiser and underneath EL Double Wear Light foundation, I didn't even feel the need to set it with mineral powder, it just felt clean, neat and under control, and with a healthy glow, unlike soooo many other foundations that start melting off and shining like a frying pan the moment you finish applying them.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

i got this as a free sample when i purchased the double wear light foundation (which i absolutely love). my current HG primer is benefit's porefessional since it is so far the best at controlling oil (compared with my past experiences with NARS pro prime, MUFE HD primer, Laura Mercier primer, Too Faced Primed and Poreless, and a bunch of face primers from korean brands) - however its texture is very silicone-y and while that smoothes out my face, i felt it could at times clog my pores. another thing that bugs me about porefessional is that i don't feel its quality justifies its price, and its texture becomes watery and disgusting over time. so i tried this estee lauder one for a week or so, and i felt it outshone porefessional. Firstly, it does not have a silicone texture, rather it's a creamy foam-like substance that's very lightweight and applies on the skin very easily. Second of all it's better than porefessional at controlling oil - i found i didn't have to blot as much throughout the day. Thirdly - perhaps least important of all - the packaging is much better than porefessional in that it comes in a luxe sleek tube. For about the same price and better quality than porefessional, i think i'm switching to Estee Lauder for now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by vee1412

Unfortunately for me this primer does nothing to reduce the oil on my skin.
It does make foundation (i use revlon colorstay for oily skin) a dream to apply but the slippery consistency makes my skin feel cloggy and within an hour my face is as oily as ever.
I have tried using it with and without moisturiser underneath, tried using more/less, various different powders but it still does nothing for me.
I do have severely oily skin so maybe someone with combination skin would have better results, unfortunately I don't think there is anything out there that can help me, the search continues.....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by pinkbby27

I tried this when I went to my friends house because she had a sample size tube. I thought I would try it since I was going to graduate from high school in 4 hrs. Let me tell you I loved the primerr! Especially because it was matte. I have oily skin and really helped my foundation and blush stay in place. If I could afford a full size package in the future I will surely buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Dianabeauty

I have VERY oily acne-prone skin and until i bought this primer nothing has managed to keep my face matte. I tried about every primer out there, they would all break me out and not make such a difference at keeping my face matte. I not only tend to get oily around my t-zone area but my cheeks as well, so basically my entire face gets quite oily within 2-3 hours. After using this primer my makeup stays matte literally all day! I use this with my MUFE mat velvet foundation and the finish is flawless. Strongly recommend for people with oily/ acne prone skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my second experience of primer-had mac primer applied before studio fix, very bad- and was only looking for something to help my DW blend better over my cheeks which have become more dry in the last year. Was actually looking for a more moisturising foundation but love my DW as it is really the best for my skin regarding colour match and coverage. Tried my DW on both cheeks one with primer and one without. Have often thought primer is just not essential and just a con to get consumers to buy more products but.....my foundation definitely went on easily and blended better on my primed cheek. Still not essential...however after three hours the unprimed cheek was definitely more shiny and felt a bit more tacky. The primer helped my DW blend smoothly onto my cheek and there was no clogging on my dry patches. Less oil, skin felt as if make up had just been applied. So am impressed so far.

UPDATE this ensures foundation does not shift which being DW would not anyway but my skin has been kept matt all day and apart from having to apply a dab, just a dab, of powder after nine hours the rest of my face was oil free.