December 21, 2014 | 945 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wanting to try this for a while. It smells very good and does a good job of getting my hair and scalp clean without making my hair feel stripped despite the fact that it has a harsh sulfate in it, which is surprising since it claims to be sulfate free. It leaves my hair shiny with good definition. Suitable for those with fine to medium hair. It doesn't leave any residue and a bottle was about eight dollars. Wait for it to come on sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I think this beats out my HG shampoo Organix Brazilian Straight. It's super creamy and without conditioner my hair already feels very soft and moisturized. I haven't had that feeling with many shampoos.

It smells awesome and with the conditioner my hair is very soft and sleek. I have very thick, wavy, coarse, and long hair. I find many products do not do much for it. Usually they feel like they've stripped my hair or have done nothing. This is unique.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by MarciaChia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have long, fine, easy to frizz, straight Asian hair, while my scalp is on the oily side. I shampoo my hair daily, so I use a lot of shampoo, and I need something that will clean my scalp, but the same time it won't weight down my hair, and control the frizz.

I've been using Organix hair products since about a year ago, and I've tried many of them, I'm completely hooked, this is the only brand of hair products I'm using now besides few other products from Loreal. (Originally I choose Organix for the reason of sulfate-free, and Loreal eversleek for silicone-free).

All Organix shampoo I've tried are good, some of them, like the argan cream one is on the heavier side. My most favorite so far are the Macadamia oil shampoo, for its smell; and the Sea mineral shampoo, for its result, but it smells not so good in my opinion.

Macadamia oil shampoo smells just like ... fresh sugarcane and/or real watermelon juice ! I'm a Taiwanese, and both sugarcane and watermelon are very common fruits there. It's a scent hard to describe, not perfumy, not floral, not fruity, not nutty (although it's macadamia oil ...), not really grassy but a bit green, not sugary ... ok, I'm not being any helpful here.

This is the only shampoo I've used in my whole life that will bring a smile on me when I use it in shower everyday, for its smell. Result wise, it's as good as all other Organix shampoo I've tried, and they are all very good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have thick coarse dry hair and growing out my natural hair color so it was starting to get healthy. However, it did need its moisture and shine so I decided to try this organix macadamia oil shampoo mess...
Well, it did make my hair very soft and shiny-BUT also made it very FRIZZY with static!! I have never had static in my hair!! This also made my scalp very oily a day after shampoo.
Since I have dry hair and scalp it takes FOREVER for it to get oily-with this shampoo (no conditioner) my scalp was just gross oily the morning after... it was terrible... :/
Now I switched back to my usual shampoo (which has no moisture for my coarse hair) but my hair is still very very frizzy and with static!!
PLEASE AVOID THIS! I live in humid East Texas and this did NOT help but made it worse! I have never experienced this with a shampoo....
If I could give it -1 lippie I would!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by beautynewbielbc

This product is good. I don't really think it is anything special though. It smells great. It leaves some tangles and isn't very moisturizing. I would re purchase if it were on a good sale but if not I will try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by SavannahMurdock

I absolutely love this shampoo! I saw that there were a lot of negative reviews, claiming that it dried out people's hair, so I was hesitant about buying it, but I'm glad I did because it works great for me. This shampoo, in combination with the macadamia conditioner, has made my thick, frizzy, wavy hair soft and manageable. I guess it all depends on hair type, so if your hair type is like mine I think you'll like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by EsposaPerfecta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is really good I have brown curly (color treated) hair, before using this my hair was dull, wavy almost straight, and really dry I haven't tried the conditioner I use the macadamia oil one. But the shampoo has improved my hair condition is curly again and shiny

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Maneejih

This has got to be the worst shampoo I have ever tried. Complete waste of 10 bucks. I have long curly coarse hair and I thought it would moisturize my hair and it actually made my hair look worse and frizzier than ever. I gave it to my sister who has fine hair and she does not like to use shampoos that are too moisturizing and she said the same thing, that it made her hair look like crap. I would give this shampoo zero stars if I could. Do not waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Reality9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A lot of these 'macadamia' products on the market are overpriced and full of rubbish. This dried my hair out to the point where I just took it back for a refund.

I buy soil association organic 100% pure macadamia but oil and it works wonders for my hair.

Right now I use Tresemme shampoo and conditioner which is the best I've come across besides Joicio but I'd love to find an organic, or at least more natural shampoo and conditioner to use. First off, I'm not convinced this shampoo is actually organic and secondly it dries hair out and the conditioner isn't much better. Has the same effect as the £1 brands.
Would not advise anyone to use this, would never buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this shampoo. I tried it because it was on sale BOGO free at Rite Aid and it was a great decision. This shampoo makes my dry, coarse hair soft and moist. When I use this shampoo all I want to do is touch my hair after. I see a lot of people say that it dries their hair out, but maybe because mine is already on the drier side I don't get that effect. I would definitely purchase this again and recommend it to friends.