Dove Clear Tone Skin Renew Anti-Perspirant Deodorant

4.2

Active Ingredients Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex Gly15.2% Inactive Ingredients Cyclopentasiloxane , Stearyl Alcohol , C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate , PPG 14 Butyl Ether , Hydrogenated Castor Oil , PEG 8 , Fragrance , Dimethicone , Silica , Polyethylene , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil , Steareth 100 , BHT , Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract

I think i bought this deodorant for about $5 CAD. This deodorant lasts me all day (but I sometimes have to wonder if its the scent overpowering the odour). After a week of using this deodorant, I noticed improvement on the skin tone of my armpits. They were noticeably lighter! Even though this deodorant worked in lightening my armpits, I would not repurchase since I am gravitating more towards all-natural deodorants.

PROS:
-lightened my dark armpits fast (*I heard that using chemicals and all sorts of weird things on your armpits could actually darken the area even more due to the buildup of chemicals)
-lasts me all day
-inexpensive

CONS:
-strong perfumy scent

I've always had a love/hate relationship with deodorants. I have very sensitive skin, and my armpits in particular can only tolerate certain shaving creams, razors, and underarm protection. That being said, this is probably the best underarm deodorant I've ever tried. It has a light, fresh scent that isn't cloying or irritating. It never gives me those pesky bumps that prevent me from getting a clean shave later on. Don't let the words "clear tone protection" confuse you. This is a solid cream that will stain any black clothing. I would love it if it came in gel or spray form, but nothing is perfect! I am currently transitioning into more natural deodorants, but I will return to this one if my attempt at a more organic lifestyle proves ineffective.
*Some people have mentioned that this product didn't provide adequate protection in heat. This is a deodorant, not an antiperspirant. It won't prevent you from sweating, but it will help with any body odor that is naturally emitted from your body.

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I've noticed some of these bottles say "24 hours" but mine says "48 hours"-- regardless, this barely lasted 2 hours in the summer heat on me! I like the "sheer touch" scent, that's all.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Awesome deodorant I was given this but a friend to try (weird I know) I was pretty sceptical but after a few weeks there was radical improvement!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This caused me to break out in my underarms for some reason. I also did not notice any lightening of the area at all. It left a film that would start to build up after a while. Very disappointed.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Really impressed! I like the light scent of the pink one, and it doesn't seem to leave any white marks on my clothes. It keeps me dry in the summer heat. I've only been using it for a week, and looked at my underarms today and they really look great! The tone is certainly improved, with no bumps or dark areas.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love dove deodorants, most of them have lovely dmell, lasts long, and easily available from any stores. The only issue is that i have to use spoonge to properly cleanse the product from my underarms as its quite heavy and thick, but it protects really well. Good job ! :-)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have the pink one of this. I have been super impressed with this. I have not paid attention to if this has helped with my underarm tone. I have noticied though that my skin is much more moisturized. I do not have as many ingrown hairs there as I have previously. And the thing I love is the scent. This has such a lovely scent to it that I actually cannot wait to smell it. It is a nice, scent that is pretty without being too floral smelling. I only had one problem with this and it was the packaging. At the very end when I had about a half inch left this completely fell apart and was no longer usable. I know that usually towards the end of a deodrant it gets harder to use, but this completely fell apart. Otherwise this is a great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Switched to this a year or two ago because the other deodorants made my skin itchy and this one doesn't.
Doesn't work wonders and it doesn't have much anti-perspiring power as I would like but I have been using this for quite a while and it is my to-go deodorant.
I like using this at night and then a stronger one in the morning.

Dove deodorant is the only brand I'll use. I rotate between this one (I use the Skin Renew with the plum/purple on the packaging), Cucumber/Green Tea and the unscented one for sensitive skin. I apply deodorant twice daily - in the morning after showering and at night before bed, so I go through these quite frequently. This one is my favorite because of its wonderful smell. I don't have a problem with underarm darkness so I can't comment on its effectiveness for that purpose, but it does keep my underarm skin soft, smooth and healthy-looking. I've also never had BO, but I do sweat a little in the warmer months and this deodorant has definitely kept the wetness at bay. I have repurchased again and again and will continue to because Dove is the only deodorant that works effectively for me AND doesn't irritate my arm pit skin. The price is perfect too -- you can usually find this (and many of the other scents) sold in a two-pack for around $6 at Wal Mart.