August 1, 2014 | 1748 users online

Blush - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Blush - Pink Ingenue

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This was more of a forced buy rather than an impulse one, based on the SA high recommendations. Although, I'm quite impressed with the sturdy packaging, generous amount of product and highly pigmented silky quality-I don't personally adore the shade. Its a mauvey rose color with subtle gold shimmer. Pulls wayy more lavendar mauve than pink or peach--the colors I usually gravitate towards. Its cool to neutral undertones at most. IMHO it would suit the extremes, the PPP or the ladies with some rich deep color. Im a light skinned, yellow gal and this looks a bit too funky barbie-ish on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by tbastas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Medium neutral pink with a very slight shimmer! Matches my skintone perfectly! Lasts all day blendes very well but it is very pigmented so be careful when applying wipe your blush brush on your hand first and then apply. Unfortunately I can not use this cause it has got fragrance in it and I have a serious allergy problem with fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Estee Lauder recently revamped its blush line and reformulated and added colors and renamed some others. There are now approximately a dozen shades in the collection ranging from light pinks and peaches to deep dark corals and wine shades. The color I purchased is Pink Ingenue and HOLY PIGMENT BATMAN. This is an innocuous pink in the pan, very pretty with a touch of shimmer (this is labeled a shimmer blush by EL). But when you apply it you need only to touch your brush to the huge pan of color and you will get more than enough.
I use a skunk brush and even with that I have to be careful and use a light hand. I don't know what they put into these blushes, but they have an intense quality to them.

This color is a medium toned pink, not warm, not cool. I am NW15 in MAC and wear EL Doublewear in Shell, so I am very fair (I've been called translucent in sunlight). This color works well with my skintone, but as I said, I only need to put a very light application on to get a flushed look to my cheeks. This blends very well, however, and it is longlasting. I can put this on @ 7:00am and still have color on my cheeks @ 5:00pm. It does not fade easily.

This comes in a heavy rectangular compact with a gold toned lid, with the the EL cartouche on it. The pan is a very large square of color that will accomodate most blush brushes. The brush that comes with it is useful for swatching, but otherwise, you can ditch it. There is a huge mirror in the lid of the compact. These cost $28 USD, however, for the amount you get and the small amount you need for application, I can see these lasting most people a year or more, ever with daily use. That would break the cost down to approximately .07 cents per day. A bargain, really, if you think about it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No