December 21, 2014 | 1230 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Smitten

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Lindywink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i've been using this revlon balmstains since 2010 i think and since then, been a fan. i only have 2 shades of these. honey and smitten but smitten was the first one i've tried. i'm the kind of girl who is not really a fan of bold lip colors but i was surprised when i tried smitten. it looks like balm on my lips but the color is vivid. i'm comfortable wearing it coz it feels like balm, not heavy on the lips like most lipsticks. the color is blendable too and stays on forever. what i usually do, i apply lipbalm, apply the color Honey and top it with Smitten, and it's gorgeous. It stays on for hours even after eating and drinking. All you need is a little touch-up throughout the day. It's very comfortable on the lips too. I really love the product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by rach3al

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this lipstain. Honestly it just wants to stay on my lips forever. It long lasting all day long with a little luster and sometimes a like a matte look to it plus i too lazy to go out and buy the matte balms, but i dust my lips over a tissue and BAM i have matte lips

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is definitely a brighter color than I normally wear, but I'm glad I bought it! This lipcolor gives meaning to the phrase "brightens up the face." It really does. I haven't been wearing much makeup this summer - just tinted moisturizer or BB cream, powder, mascara, and lipcolor. Smitten looks great with my minimalist routine.

It's a pretty and vivacious pink. No glitter, noticeable but not offensive mint scent. Not sure if I'd wear it to the office or a really formal setting like court, but for every other situation it's great. If I look pale after doing the rest of my makeup, I'll even draw a line of this on each cheek and smudge it out for a nice flush.

I'm not sure yet whether it stains as well as the other Balm Stain colors I have (Crush and Adore), but these are so darn easy to reapply that I couldn't complain either way!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by HapaKikui

I have tried several different colors from this line and I must say--this one is the best. Not only is it very pigmented, it's lasting power is definitely satisfactory for its price, although I cannot say the same for the other colors. Also, this color just makes it look like my pale skin is glowing and it makes me feel so pretty. My only complaint is that I find the crayon-like applicator harder to work with as it use up more of the product and the surface becomes more rounded. I would highly recommend the purchase of lip brush if you are like me and want a neat and precise shape.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Sooee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the color. I wanted to try something more red than coral and pink which I usually go for and I LOVE it. I would absolutely recommend to a friend. The stain lasts all day. A little drying but my lips are dryer by nature so I use an eps lip balm underneath and problem solved. For stronger color and for it to stick better to my lips I do use a Sonia Kashuk lip liner all over my lips before applying. HG product + so affordable = love!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by softchaos

holy grail lip stain! it's a gorgeous color, makes my teeth look whiter, goes on so well and hydrates my lips. once the shine wears off the color stays for a long time. its buildable so you can go sheer or pack on more product for a darker color. I will definitely be picking up more colors as soon as I can.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by emtr90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this balm stain. It lasts forever (5 hours or more); the color is fab; it does not smudge or feather (my pet peeve for lip products!!). I have several colors but this is the one that attracts the most compliments :) The only negative is the crayon applicator... after repeated use it wears down and becomes a bit more difficult to apply. But still my current favorite lip product 😊😊😊

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own four different versions of balm stain crayons. I own three of the Revlon (one matte, one lacquer, and the just bitten) and this is my favorite of them all. The color is gorgeous. I am fair with cool undertones, so I have to be very careful to steer clear of anything with orange undertones. This one is a perfect cool shade on my lips. It's bright, but not too bright. It applies smoothly and has a tingling minty taste/smell to it. The tube is nicely made. Very sturdy with a snug cap. It twists up and down with ease. The crayon itself is very sturdy. I don't have to worry about it breaking off during application.

The wear on this is amazing. After awhile it does fade a bit. It goes on as a very bright berry color, but leaves behind more of a bright pink stain. It does come off easily when you wash your face. My only complaint, and this is my complaint about all balm stains, for something that claims to be a balm it sure is drying. After about four hours of wear I'm having to apply some E.O.S. balm over this, because my lips become almost chapped they get so dry. Other than that, this is a perfect product, hence the one lippie I deducted. I would totally buy this again and would recommend it to friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by kmenchinton

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have several of these Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, and i just love them! They may just be my favorite lip products of all time! (so far,as I am a lip junkie) I have three of them- Sweetheart (bright pink), Crush (deep berry-plum) and Smitten (deep,rosy pinky berry).
I am a fan of the application, and appreciate the twist up tube. Also, I like that the packaging is a fair representation of the color of the product, so they are easy to grab in your makeup bag, and know what you're getting! However, its a bummer that the helpful tip it comes with wears down with many applications. I know this is almost unavoidable, I just sometimes crave that same precision that the product comes with at first. That being said, when they do wear down, the application is still fairly easy, as the product is a nice width and thickness to fit on my medium sized lips. I can easily reapply without a mirror, but i can see someone with very thin lips having trouble.
As for how I use this product, i just use it like I would any other lipstick. I always exfoliate my lips before applying color, but these dont extremely accentuate any dry patches. I don't feel the need to put another balm underneath these.
These show up full color in just a swipe or two, and feel very smooth on the lips. You can certainly feel them, but they arent thick, sticky or unpleasant. They have a slight minty scent to them, but I don't notice it once they've been applied.
The lasting power on these is great, as they are marketed as a stain. Once the slightly shiny,glossy (but without shimmer) appearance wears off, you are still left with a ton of color. The result is not drying, but i prefer to touch them up every 4-5 hours, just to maintain a fresh look. The stain aspect stays put for hours, even through the night if i dont remove the product properly. The stain is even, and pretty.
I would give these Balm Stains a gold star for quality, and i hope to purchase many more colors in the future!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by LittleGypsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color--it's very flattering on me and lasts for hours. It smells and tastes minty, and goes on with a minty tingle as well which I love. it's basically a giant crayon for your lips, and you twist it up from the bottom of the tube.