Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Smitten

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A lovely, quite opaque bright colour but I find this so dryinggg- definitely use a balm beforehand!! The colour is a very flattering hot pink with a hint of purple/mauvey undertones that keeps it from looking NEON (though the eventual stain may be neon on some). For reference, my skin tone is olivey but quite fair and I have quite a lot of redness in my cheeks.
The stain it leaves behind is quite a lot brighter than the original colour. The stain is even at first but if you eat anything oily/juicy it will probably fade unevenly, which is pretty standard. For me, it fades first on the corners of my lips and on the inner areas of my lips. Reapplying this looks as beautiful as when you first apply, although it feels quite drying on the lips and I'm aware I have something on my lips, which I personally dont like. This stays in place and I've never gotten it on my teeth/ have it bleed which is nice :)
Overall, I would love if this was more moisturising but it is quite long wearing and the colour is lovely. Would probably repurchase but I am interested in trying the Rimmel colour rush balm! Will update you if i do

on 7/2/2015 12:09:00 AM

Smitten is a beautiful warm toned magenta pink. Its nice for the pop of color, you can layer it for more intense color. Its a great summer color

It last 4-5 hours. The stain last almost all day. Its easy to reply the color if it has become a bit off.

The texture is perfect, not too sticky, it feel like a thicker balm when you smack your lips together, but its not annoying to wear.

I try to keep the balm from being flattened at the top, by using the side of the point of the crayon, instead of the tip of it. Its not going to be super pointy but at least its not flat like chapstick.

I definitely recommend this. I have these balm stains in over 7 colors, they are awesome.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of the very few lipsticks that I would repurchase over and over and over again. The color is a fuchsia-berry, and the stain it leaves behind is straight up fuchsia or bright pink. It wears away in a lovely manner and I can eat with it on and have no worries about what it looks like.

Just a wonderful product and color.

on 2/9/2015 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is one of my favorite lip products of all time, high end or drugstore. It is a beautiful semi-opaque pinkened-berry color that is going to look amazing on everyone. The formula is smooth, moisturizing, creamy, and feels weightless on the lips. It never emphasizes dry patches or flakes and has a subdued shine to it. The stain it leaves is a medium pink color and is as equally beautiful as the balm. The lasting power is amazing too. It lasts all day through eating and drinking and I don't have to retouch and the stain lasts through the next morning. Seriously, probably the best lip product in the drugstore.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Long lasting, love it :)

on 11/17/2014 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i've been using this revlon balmstains since 2010 i think and since then, been a fan. i only have 2 shades of these. honey and smitten but smitten was the first one i've tried. i'm the kind of girl who is not really a fan of bold lip colors but i was surprised when i tried smitten. it looks like balm on my lips but the color is vivid. i'm comfortable wearing it coz it feels like balm, not heavy on the lips like most lipsticks. the color is blendable too and stays on forever. what i usually do, i apply lipbalm, apply the color Honey and top it with Smitten, and it's gorgeous. It stays on for hours even after eating and drinking. All you need is a little touch-up throughout the day. It's very comfortable on the lips too. I really love the product!

on 8/26/2014 8:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is definitely a brighter color than I normally wear, but I'm glad I bought it! This lipcolor gives meaning to the phrase "brightens up the face." It really does. I haven't been wearing much makeup this summer - just tinted moisturizer or BB cream, powder, mascara, and lipcolor. Smitten looks great with my minimalist routine.

It's a pretty and vivacious pink. No glitter, noticeable but not offensive mint scent. Not sure if I'd wear it to the office or a really formal setting like court, but for every other situation it's great. If I look pale after doing the rest of my makeup, I'll even draw a line of this on each cheek and smudge it out for a nice flush.

I'm not sure yet whether it stains as well as the other Balm Stain colors I have (Crush and Adore), but these are so darn easy to reapply that I couldn't complain either way!

on 7/29/2014 11:42:00 PM

I have tried several different colors from this line and I must say--this one is the best. Not only is it very pigmented, it's lasting power is definitely satisfactory for its price, although I cannot say the same for the other colors. Also, this color just makes it look like my pale skin is glowing and it makes me feel so pretty. My only complaint is that I find the crayon-like applicator harder to work with as it use up more of the product and the surface becomes more rounded. I would highly recommend the purchase of lip brush if you are like me and want a neat and precise shape.

on 7/16/2014 3:14:00 PM

Love the color. I wanted to try something more red than coral and pink which I usually go for and I LOVE it. I would absolutely recommend to a friend. The stain lasts all day. A little drying but my lips are dryer by nature so I use an eps lip balm underneath and problem solved. For stronger color and for it to stick better to my lips I do use a Sonia Kashuk lip liner all over my lips before applying. HG product + so affordable = love!!! :)

on 5/13/2014 1:22:00 AM

holy grail lip stain! it's a gorgeous color, makes my teeth look whiter, goes on so well and hydrates my lips. once the shine wears off the color stays for a long time. its buildable so you can go sheer or pack on more product for a darker color. I will definitely be picking up more colors as soon as I can.