April 16, 2014 | 2060 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Smitten

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by emtr90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this balm stain. It lasts forever (5 hours or more); the color is fab; it does not smudge or feather (my pet peeve for lip products!!). I have several colors but this is the one that attracts the most compliments :) The only negative is the crayon applicator... after repeated use it wears down and becomes a bit more difficult to apply. But still my current favorite lip product 😊😊😊

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own four different versions of balm stain crayons. I own three of the Revlon (one matte, one lacquer, and the just bitten) and this is my favorite of them all. The color is gorgeous. I am fair with cool undertones, so I have to be very careful to steer clear of anything with orange undertones. This one is a perfect cool shade on my lips. It's bright, but not too bright. It applies smoothly and has a tingling minty taste/smell to it. The tube is nicely made. Very sturdy with a snug cap. It twists up and down with ease. The crayon itself is very sturdy. I don't have to worry about it breaking off during application.

The wear on this is amazing. After awhile it does fade a bit. It goes on as a very bright berry color, but leaves behind more of a bright pink stain. It does come off easily when you wash your face. My only complaint, and this is my complaint about all balm stains, for something that claims to be a balm it sure is drying. After about four hours of wear I'm having to apply some E.O.S. balm over this, because my lips become almost chapped they get so dry. Other than that, this is a perfect product, hence the one lippie I deducted. I would totally buy this again and would recommend it to friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by kmenchinton

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have several of these Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, and i just love them! They may just be my favorite lip products of all time! (so far,as I am a lip junkie) I have three of them- Sweetheart (bright pink), Crush (deep berry-plum) and Smitten (deep,rosy pinky berry).
I am a fan of the application, and appreciate the twist up tube. Also, I like that the packaging is a fair representation of the color of the product, so they are easy to grab in your makeup bag, and know what you're getting! However, its a bummer that the helpful tip it comes with wears down with many applications. I know this is almost unavoidable, I just sometimes crave that same precision that the product comes with at first. That being said, when they do wear down, the application is still fairly easy, as the product is a nice width and thickness to fit on my medium sized lips. I can easily reapply without a mirror, but i can see someone with very thin lips having trouble.
As for how I use this product, i just use it like I would any other lipstick. I always exfoliate my lips before applying color, but these dont extremely accentuate any dry patches. I don't feel the need to put another balm underneath these.
These show up full color in just a swipe or two, and feel very smooth on the lips. You can certainly feel them, but they arent thick, sticky or unpleasant. They have a slight minty scent to them, but I don't notice it once they've been applied.
The lasting power on these is great, as they are marketed as a stain. Once the slightly shiny,glossy (but without shimmer) appearance wears off, you are still left with a ton of color. The result is not drying, but i prefer to touch them up every 4-5 hours, just to maintain a fresh look. The stain aspect stays put for hours, even through the night if i dont remove the product properly. The stain is even, and pretty.
I would give these Balm Stains a gold star for quality, and i hope to purchase many more colors in the future!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by LittleGypsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color--it's very flattering on me and lasts for hours. It smells and tastes minty, and goes on with a minty tingle as well which I love. it's basically a giant crayon for your lips, and you twist it up from the bottom of the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was meaning to get this product for a while, so I went to CVS and just grabbed whatever color I felt would flatter me since I couldn't test anything, which was this one. I was prepared to be disappointed, but I wasn't at all; the color Smitten is a nice berry shade (which is great for fall, btw) that I love and looks nice on my skintone. Glides on smooth, doesn't make my lips crispy and is pretty pigmented, because when I take my makeup off, this one hangs tough. The smell is nice too, like peppermint which I don't mind. My only gripe is when its gone, its gone- its not a twist tube or anything. :( Anyway, wish the store had a sale at the time, because it was almost $8, but since its a nice product, I don't mind dropping dough for another one in another color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by radnan16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is super moisturizing and pigmented. It lasts all day for me even after i eat.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by kayci21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a berry pink colour. A bit bright for my liking, but I'm not too fussed over that since you can build it up to how much you want. It's not moisturising. I have to apply lip balm before this because otherwise it won't glide on very well and tends to seep into cracks. It also leaves a stain on your lips when you remove it, which I like.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Muriel03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The cap wears out and falls off easily after awhile, staining the inside of whatever purse it's in, so be careful.. But it works, is really pigmented and softer, less drying than a reguLar marker stain..
It isn't moisturizing, but it's a less dry alternative to a regular stain
Lasts about 1.5 hrs

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had a coupon for $4 off a revlon purchase at my local cvs so I decided to give this a try because I'm always interested in lipstains. I'm not about reapplying constantly so longwear is what I strive for. I also love dark or stand out colors. If I don't have a dramatic lip I don't wear anything at all so I got this shade for that reason.

I ended up wearing it for about 8 hours without reapplying and here's my pros and cons

Pros
It goes on very smooth, balm like as it claims
has a nice shine without being glossy
buildable opaque color
easy application, giving you much control
twist up packaging
travel friendly
Color doesn't atrociously crack or break apart
Very long lasting

Cons
very drying after a few hours

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by cindyful

Love this colour! It's the perfect dark pink and it looks great when it stains your lips. I like wearing it everyday since it's a little bold. I have to put on a separate lip balm before I apply this balm stain for my lips to stay moisturized longer, but I don't mind. Would definitely buy it again!