Aveeno positively ageless resurfacing scrub with vitamin c

3.7

water, glycerin, ammonium lauryl sulfate, polyethylene, glyceryl stearate, lauryl glucoside, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, caprylyl glycol, fragrance, cetearly olivate, sodium hydroxide, chlorphenesin, sorbitan olivate, citric acid, tetrasodium chlorphenesin, sorbitan olivate, citric acid, tetrasodium edta, caprylhydroxamic acid, butylene glycol, algae extract, artemisia abrotanum flower/leaf/stem extract, hydrolyzed caesalpinia spinosa gum, ganoderma lucidum stem extract, lentinus edodes extract, caesalpinia spinosa gum, sodium ascorbyl phosphate

on 5/7/2015 1:54:00 PM

I love this scrub!! I have had oily skin with minor acne all my life, but since starting peri-menopause, my skin is combo with occasional hormonal breakouts. I have tried many different face cleansers and scrubs, but this is by far my favorite. I use it twice a week, and it makes my face sooo smooth. I have had much better skin since starting this scrub. I find that I don't need my salicyclic acid face wash any more.

It contains microbeads rather than walnut shells (like many cheaper scrubs).

on 10/19/2014 2:05:00 PM

"Resurfacing?" Not so much. I agree with IslandGirlSPN; the first use has a fair amount of granules/beads, but subsequent uses don't seem to have many. I have to use a lot of this product to get the feeling that it's having any effect at all. I'm giving it two lippies, though, for the fresh citrusy scent.

There has to be a good middle-ground scrub between this ineffective one and the rough harshness of St. Ives apricot, which I always think would tear my corneas if I got it in my eyes. I'm going to use the Aveeno up as fast as I can and continue the search.

on 7/1/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this product about a week ago, and it is a joke. I like scrubs to have finely ground "scrubbies" in them, so they will actually exfoliate your skin. This product has large scrubbies in it, and they are very few and far between. It is more like a cream facewash than an exfoliator. Not what I was looking for. I would not recommend if you are looking for a facial exfoliator.

on 4/17/2013 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a good product. It's gentle, yet rejuvenates the skin well and doesn't leave it dry. Not my HG - I feel I could find something better if I looked hard enough. But its great for daily use and it does what it promises to do.

on 8/13/2012 5:28:00 AM

My HG drugstore cleanser. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of this, it smells so good my boyfriend has started using mine every single day in the shower!!! :)

on 6/19/2012 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This scrub works really great to remove dirt,oil & makeup. The only complaint I have is the packaging. Once the tube started getting low it was really hard to squeeze the product out. I would definitely buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

UPDATE 6/14/12 - this had become my HG cleanser which is great because i have never had an hg cleaner before. my skin has had a dry flaky problem for a long time & i spent a lot of money of peels & HE moisturizers trying to fix it. All I needed was this! Even though the scrubbing granules are not as much as I would like it certainly does its job. I also use this in conjunction with the CVS knockoff of Loreal Revitalift cream cleanser. I am so happy with how my skin is these days. I just love the scent of this as well. Perfect for my dry sensitive skin!!-------------------------------------------------------------- claims: "exfoliates to smooth for a more even tone" I got this scrub after trying a dab of it in CVS...the initial squeeze felt like it had quite a bit of the exfoliating granules but it was deceiving because when I used it the next couple of times the granules are much less than expected. Not sparse....just less. I used it with my olay cleansing brush and without. What I liked was that my skin didnt feel really tight and dry after using it. I have dry skin naturally so this was nice. I need more exfoliating action in my scrub so to me this is just a cleanser and not as much a scrub. Im going to break down and probably get MK microdermabrasion or Philosophy microdelivery. I do this like this as a basic cleanser though. I might get it again if I find a coupon. It was around $10 but the cleanser I am liking most is CVS knockoff of L'Oreal Revitalift. Cheaper and hydrating( $5). Does a better job of cleaning my dry skin. So *MAYBE I will get this again. On the fence.