Yves Saint Laurent Paris Printemps

3.9

on 8/11/2005 12:41:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This to me is the lighter version of the original Paris. Quite lovely, and good for everyday wear. If you don't like roses, please, don't consider any of the Paris fragrances, rose is the base note in every one! I constantly get comments on this whenever I wear it. It isn't too cloying or "rich" and I consider it better than the original Paris for daytime wear. Ps)This is heavenly when mixed with Bath and Body Works Violet Bouquet, Cherry Blossom, or Gardenia line!

on 12/18/2003 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I love this perfume! My friend who went to Europe had it on when she came back and smelled it and instantly had to have it! It was quite difficult to find. I luckily found it at the Nordie's in Vegas while shopping. It is great! Not too strong like other YSL perfumes. Smells sweet and light. It is one of my HG fragrances.

on 11/24/2003 9:41:00 AM

Since I've loved the original version of Paris for years, I was eager to try this. As much as I love the original, I almost always save it for evening or a special occasion as it's rather potent. The Printemps is a lighter blend of the same delicious rose scent plus a fresh, slightly green note. It's exactly what I've been hoping for: a daytime version of the original. Sadly, it's a limited edition which was already sold out in my local stores - thank goodness for the Internet!

on 11/14/2003 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My most loathed fragrance prior to this was CKbe, this just knocked that off it's ranking. I got the 150 ml. bottle as a gift, much to my horror. At first, I was enthralled by the luxurious mix of what must obviously be really expensive top notes. Then to my utter dismay, I smelled....ROSES!! I have nothing against freshly cut roses, but this was a dried roses, sickly sweet, old lady smell. Fortunately, my visiting aunt (who, coincidentally IS old!) loved this scent and I gleefully gave her the enormous bottle with my sincerest blessings. I can now breathe easy in my own home, YAY!!

on 4/17/2003 8:46:00 PM

This improved and modernized edition of classic "Paris" perfume is much better than the original.
Softer, lighter and more greener.
I would guess this fragrance desires very confident and strong woman. It is not a girlish scent.
Very reasonably priced for 100ml 59$CAN. Limited edition for this year, so if you love the original you will probably enjoy this one even more.

on 4/12/2003 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

If you like Paris, I think this is better because it is much softer and less cloying sweet. The sales rep said if Paris was the scent of roses,then this was rosebuds, and I think I agree with her.If you like rose fragrances,I think this product has the right amount of class for a decent price.If you like rose,but was turned off by the original Paris,this might be for you.They are coming out with a body oil as well.

on 10/7/2002 1:13:00 PM

I got a sample from the wonderful Esti and I've been enjoying it! The original Paris turns a little sour on me, so I don't use it (I have issues with rose scents). This one has some fresh, spring flower (hyacinth, maybe?) notes to it that give it a marvelous fresh smell. I don't associate it with Paris, though. Instead it makes me feel like I am walking the Rosarium in Baden, Austria. I can smell the roses in the air and then I can pick up the fresh smells of the other flowers down by the water. So pretty!

Popular Fragrances