Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense #38

on 4/1/2013 2:50:00 PM

I'm IN LOVE with this lipstick! I would have to say that it is my favorite lipstick when I want a pop of color. It's a highly-pigmented peach-coral-pink that goes on like satin and stays on longer than any other lipstick I've used. I love that it doesn't feel chalky! Bonus- you can put one coat on for daily use and then one more for night. Either way- it's gorgeous and I would DEFINITELY purchase again!

on 8/31/2012 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Rouge Artist Intense #38 is a bright peachy pink toned shade with warm-golden undertones. I bought this from Sephora last Summer because I wanted something bright that looked 'Summery' and would work well with my warm, deep skin tone. When I swatched this in the store on my hand I knew that #38 was what I was looking for. However when I got it home and put on the full lip it looked a little too striking for my taste and also applied somewhat chalky. The only way I will wear this is paired with a liner that helps it blend better with my skin tone. It's a beautiful shade, just not for me. It's just not my taste.

on 6/27/2012 3:11:00 PM

The only reason this doesn't get a 5 from me is the texture, otherwise it would be my favorite lipstick ever!
The color is just gorgeous, a pink-coral that leans more towards pink, a unique color that flatters my complexion so nicely.
I like the scent, it's very discrete and makes me think of expensive French cosmetics :)
As I said, the texture is not that great, I have a hard time applying it smoothly, as it is very dry and thick. It just doesn't glide at all, and it applies patchy, so it needs a bit of smoothing work, but once that's done, it looks amazing and just brightens out my face.
It wears for a long time as well, and doesn't dry out my lips at all.
I wish they'd make this exact same color in a different texture, that would become my HG lipstick!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't believe there isn't a separate review for #38. This is one of the most popular shades, a light pink coral. In some lights it looks like a light luminous peach shade on my lips. The formula of all MUFE makeup is ideal for long lasting makeup, but this goes on a little thick and sticky. You might benefit from using a lip brush or your finger to even out the color. The scent is a classic lipstick scent. Softly floral, but not offensive or overwhelming. For $19, this is actually cheap for a high end product from a well known French brand. If you prefer a more sheer lipstick then try the natural line of lipsticks. Those are not as full color/coverage.

Recommended for Medium Skin