January 25, 2015 | 1807 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Pore Refining Solutions Stay-Matte Hydrator

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2015 6:03:00 AM More reviews by lxbrittin21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Extremely pleased with this product. I can't imagine I've been accepting the oily sheen on my face for so long.
I've combination skin and very enlarged pores over my T-zone and cheeks. I cleanse (Garnier), tone (Etude House), spot-treat (Neutrogena On the Spot) and moisturize (Clinique dramatically different), then apply the pore-refining serum (Clinique), before using this Clinique Stay-Matte Hydrator. I apply my foundation (Lancome Mat Miracle) after that. I definitely recommend applying moisturizer prior to using because it can dry out even the oiliest skin (like mine).
Before introducing this stay-matte hydrator, I would start getting oily by 10am (after cleansing in the morning at 7am), and by 2pm after lunch till the end of the day, there's a major oil slick that is recalcitrant and requires very frequent blotting. If there's a dinner appointment, while it's quite a hassle, I would usually cleanse again and reapply my foundation just to look presentable. But since I've started using this hydrator, I don't have to blot at all. Imagine my happiness on the day I first started using this!
I'll be updating here if I start finding any long-term issues like clogged pores/small pimples in the reviews I see below.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by MissSkye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading reviews I was half-hearted about buying this product (especially because it costs AU$60!!) but I am so glad I did, I've been using it for about 4 months now - half expecting to break out at any time but I haven't! - and I am so so happy with it. I use it over moisturiser (dramatically different moisturising gel) and under my primer and makeup, and it has made my blotting equipment completely redundant! it keeps my nose from getting oily (used to be an oil slick by lunch time) and it also seems to be reducing the appearance of my pores (I also use the pore refining serum at night) I'm really happy with this product and will most likely be repurchasing, also a little goes a long way so hopefully it lasts!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am pretty bummed that I can't rave about this like everyone else! My tzone is very oily - usually need to blot already by the time I get to work in the morning (so about an hour after doing my makeup).

This does work nicely AT FIRST - but it just doesn't last all day for me. It may delay my getting oily by an hour or so and reduces how oily I get overall. But the point is, I still get oily and have to blot. So disappointed! I really wanted to find a HG in this product!

Needless to say, for 37 buckaroos, this baby is going back to Macy's!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by purpleesushi

I absolutely LOVE this serum!! I normally don't leave reviews (just read them), but this I felt I had to! It's seriously the only thing so far that I've managed to get my oily T-zone to stay matte - it's good to the point where now I hardly even use my primer! For anyone who has oily/combination skin, this is definitely the go-to product. You can just apply it on oilier areas as needed, and put heavier moisturizer on areas that are drier. Yes, it REALLY works. One thing I have to say tho, is that it does tend to make the skin around my nose particularly dry, such that I've noticed a little peeling of skin (then again I do stay in melbourne where the weather can get pretty dry). But no matter, I just apply night moisturizer before bed and voila - problem solved! Wish it were cheaper tho, but nevertheless, a very very worthy product! :) Highly recommend <3 I hope Clinique never discontinues this!!!!!!

****UPDATE****

I have been using this for about a month ++ and while I can say that yes, it does keep my t-zone relatively matte, it REALLY CLOGS MY PORES!!! I notice all these tiny little bumps ever since i started using this. really bummed that it didn't work out... and i had so much hope for it :( hope it works better for the rest of you than it does for me /:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Nunne

I really love this product! I have a combination skin: my T zone shines within 3 hours after showering and I was in desperate search for a product that would help me, but at the same time would not dry out my 'normal/sensitive' cheeks. This is what the product promises, and it works! After about 8 hours, the shine is back, but I think that's normal. It doesn't dry out my cheeks, doesn't irritate my skin and most important: it doesn't make me break out! I always have one or two pimples (sometimes cysts) and one or two fading away, but this didn't gave me new ones. Worth its price!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Shani79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! As my skin is oily and acne prone I cannot use any products on my face unless it's 'prescribed' but this is the best I have found so far for my skin type. I see a difference in my pores and it controls my oil. Love it! Highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Not a winner for me. The one good thing about this product is that it felt absolutely silky on my face, even several hours later. But that was the only "pro", everything else was "con". There was zero oil control and this product left a white cast on my skin. Ineffective and not cosmetically elegant. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by yunniex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this moisturizer/hydrator! I have oily skin (particularly in the T-zone) and I live in a very hot & humid country. This was perfect for oil-control - I didn't need to use oil blotters that often anymore.

One point to note: I felt that this product did not provide sufficient moisturizing to my skin. So I apply Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel first before applying the Stay-Matte Hydrator.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by mualizzing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product two months ago with the hopes it would control my skin and oil-slick nose.

After daily applition for the first week, my skin was visibly less oily but unfortunately a whole lot drier. Unfortunately the product dried out my t-zone and cheeks considerably, and I stopped using it in those places.

I'm now just using it on my forehead, morning and evening, where it does a good job at controlling oil (I have a fringe/bangs so a matte forehead is a must) and just avoid any dry patches.

I'd recommend it to anyone with very oily skin and no dry patches, as although it has not worked for my skin, it does live up to its name. It also works well as a base for foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by HSNurse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I have very oily skin throughout my T-zone, yet get dry patches. I've yet to find my perfect moisturizer for oily skin.. they are either too greasy, too thick, cause break outs, etc.

This one goes on nice and I could instantly feel the "matte" effect. I noticed less oil throughout the day, but still had to use my clean and clear oil wipes just as I did before using this product. My main problem with this product is that after I used it for about a week, I began breaking out with tiny zits all in my T-zone. This "pore refiner" did nothing for my pores except clog them further. As soon as I stopped using this, the tiny pimples in my T-zone faded.