July 31, 2014 | 1295 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Gem Crush - Be-Jeweled

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried a number of the polishes in the Sally Hansen Gem Grush line. Some I like, some not so much, but they're all high quality glitters that are opaque in two coats. This is no exception.

This is a lavender glitter with lilac and pink highlights, and it's very blingy. Application is a little tricky, because it's easy to drag or pull the polish you've already put down. I've also found that if I don't let it dry sufficiently between coats, it NEVER dries all the way, no matter what. It's completely opaque in two coats, just pure glittery goodness.

But, as glitter polishes go, this is a pretty good one, and the colour is fresh and bright. It's okay on my cool, fair skin (sometimes polishes with too much pink are pretty horrible, but this is fine). Surface can be gritty, but a good top coat will sort most of that out.

Definitely worth trying if you like opaque glitters and you like pinky-purples.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by ssssdeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally - a drugstore brand nail polish glitter that is opaque. I'm always disappointed in the lack of coverage of glitter polishes and how they don't show up. Their colors are pretty in the bottle and almost impossible to discern on the nail. I can use Gem Crush to do glitter tips, fade-outs, or the entire nail. It's smooth on my nails with just one coat of clear top coat, too. Dries quickly, sparkles nicely, and comes in a good range of colors. Woohoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by FeminineCharm

This is one of the best glitter polishes I've used on a long time.

I would definitely re-purchase these colours again (Be-jewelled- lilac glitter with pink and silver; Cha-ching- red with silver).

I loved the packaging and the colour and density is very true to the bottle. The application brush was rounded and flat which delivered the lacquer evenly. The price was AU$10 each, very good value for such a pigmented product.

The multi-dimensional mixture of glitters stop the final look from looking "flat" and "tacky"- instead it looks fun and chic. This is definitely worth a try if like me, you are 30 and above- after two coats and a clear top coat to seal the glitter on, the result is a very dense and rich sparkle.

The selection of colours were excellent- not too many and reflected the semi-precious stone theme very beautifully. Gorgeous colours and the polish have very good staying power - I've had mine on for a week and so far, so good. No chipping yet.

Excellent for nail art looks, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think these glitters are outstanding. I never used to wear glitter polish but recently there have been so many unique ones coming out that I think I've turned a corner. Be-Jeweled is the lavender/silver/pink glitter from the Gem Crush collection. It is supposed to be a dupe to WnW It's All in the Cut which I wanted but never found. But this color is gorgeous. It has a lavender base with round medium sized pink and holo glitter. There is also silver microglitter which shows up better on the nail. The formula is fantastic. These glitters really are full coverage (at least the two that I have are) and they are easy to work with. I feel like the complex colors and great formula are worth the $7 price tag. I also have Razzle Dazzler (pink/silver) and plan on getting Big Money (gold/purple) in the future.