April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Lasting Creme - 55 Blushing

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Don't go by the photo on MUA - this is not a bright pink - as another reviewer alludes to, it's difficult to sum this lipstick up in terms of colour - you have to try it and see how flattering it looks. I have yellow undertones and it brightens up my complexion, makes you look classy and polished.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

This is one of my favourite lippies. I feel the shade really suits my skin tone. It's not one I would wear every day, more of an evening look for me. It is a bit drying so I wear with a touch of balm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

The color is beautiful on the lips. Very rosy, a color I would wear on my wedding day. I would give this a 3.5. The problem is that it is so dry, not creamy at all. It is a shame because the color is so pretty. Even with lip balm it does not smear very evenly across the lips. The only way I can apply it without looking a clown is to put some on my finger and pat it on. It is very very pigmented, so it is not something you can easily build. I have to look in the mirror to make sure I don't add too much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I must have gotten a bad batch of this lipstick. The pigment and color is beautiful. I wish I could use it but this smells very bad like chemicals. I don't think any of my lip products have ever bothered me this much before (including other Estee Lauder lipsticks) so I'm convinced I just received a bad one. This came with my gift with purchase. =(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this lipstick on on a whim when I went to pick up some heel inserts for my shoes at my local Pharmaprix/Shopper's Drug Mart, because I noticed the new EL display (excuses, excuses, I know). I ended up getting it because the moment I put it on my face just looked so pulled together and Parisian-Chic, even with minimal makeup on my face (filled in brows, a touch of blush & concealer) - even the sales assistant who thought the color would be too aging on me looked surprised and said that it was the perfect, chic dinner date color.

This doesn't compete with my clothes, even if I'm wearing brights, and doesn't look seasonal, and should be lovely on many skin tones. It seems to give you that look where you are definitely wearing lipstick but it blends in so well with your coloring (for reference: I'm MAC N?? 20ish, neutral undertones with black hair & brown eyes, Bobbi Brown Beige 3.0 and BareMinerals Fair) that it doesn't scream lipstick - it gives you that certain je ne sais quoi that makes you look elegant and put together.

I think I will enjoy wearing this as it's not too pink, not too brown, not too berry, and not too plummy - it's just a creamy, rose-pink (neutral/slightly warm) with no shimmer or glitter (a slight sheen like MAC Cremesheens or Lustres). It has a mild sweet scent EL calls "vanilla fig," but it is not strong like in some products (Clarins, I'm talking to you!), so I'm okay with it. It is decently moisturizing - definitely not drying although if you're really prone to dry lips, you may want to use a good balm beforehand. 1 lippy off because it fades a bit patchy, but overall it is a nice treat for you if you're looking for a color that goes with everything and is put together. It was a bit pricey but it has this gorgeous retro case with a sample of the color in the bottom in lucite ($32 CDN). You could get it during a GWP or purchase with your Optimum points, so it't not too bad. Overall, made me want to rediscover EL, despite that in my head, EL is still an "old lady" brand.

Bonus: this doesn't rub off a lot on my glass or on my boyfriend :). Cant think of any dupes (maybe Guerlain Rouge G in Georgia, but that's a bit cooler/pinker) as I haven't had this "gasp, this is so chic" with that many lipsticks in recent memory. Definitely office friendly, even in the most boring/conservative of settings, and definitely great for dinner dates and such. It's not so much a weekend/wear with jeans and a tee shirt shade, but more of a ladylike, put together shade. continued >>