November 24, 2014 | 1673 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - roll on shimmer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

This is one of those top deal for your dollar kind of product that you simply cannot go wrong. I purchased a roller shadow in the shade called Salmon. If you are looking for a shimmering but not glittering kind of solid effect on the eyes, I haven't found anything better than these for the price. I cannot believe they sold it only for $5 per roller at Nordstrom outlet. It doesn't crease , or accentuate dryness or wrinkles on my lids. On me, it's very natural and it gives my eyes that pop look without looking glittery. It is not runny or oily like some of the other powder I have tried. It stayed put even in hot humid weather. It is so finely milled that you cannot find specks on this shadow. It feels light , not heavy, It appears as gold foil effect powder on my eyes. If you looking for a Matte look, do not use these shadows. Like other previous reviewer mentioned, it is kind of hard to apply with a roller over the lid evenly. I use a q tip, and it makes a wonderful corner eye brightening powder. It is not waterproof but it lasts a good 5 hours on me without smearing, fading, or streaking. I like the neutral shades, but I find the blue, greens, pinks, etc make stunning party, evening makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by karliemoore17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are great for those days where I just do not feel like doing my eyes. I have read that they work best over eyeshadow, but I think they work just fine alone. Be sure to use a primer though! They are a perfect mix of sparkle and color. I bought a light pink and onyx (black). The only complaint I really have is that they roll on. I think its incredibly messy and I have to use a q tip to get the fallout out from under my eyes, and once I've put on my base makeup, that gets annoying because then I have to reapply that as well. I think if it was in a pot with a brush it would be easier to use, but overall the product is great!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Msritagee

I absolutely love the roll on shimmers! I purchased them in Sea Foam, Almond, Mauve Pink and Blue for ($2.99 at PacSun!) what I normally do is prime first, add the same color eyeshadow and then top it off with the glitter. The only downside is that it does get everywhere so make sure you protect you under eyes/concealer before you put it on

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by eaorb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product in "Green" (Res 01). I feel like a galactic mermaid princess when I wear this stuff. Its so highly pigmented... I just can't believe it works so well. I definitely will be purchasing more of these in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbeauty1065

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic! Super easy to apply and very pigmented. I love them. But make sure you have a base or primer or there will be lots of fallout

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by MS05

I love this! So pigmented and perfect! Never thought it would have been so amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was pleasantly surprised with this eye shadow. I liked the roll-on aspect of it. Anything that makes application easier and quicker is a draw for me. Plus, NYX could put dirt in a jar and I'd buy it. I love their products. These are very sparkly and loose. Not like glitter loose, but definitely not like a powder. They apply somewhat like a cream shadow and have decent staying power. I didn't have any problem with fallout when applying, but I use a brush instead of just rolling it on. They pair really well with the jumbo pencils and have lots of vibrant colors. I like more metallic/sparkly shadows on myself. I have light skin so matte colors come off very clown-like on me. I chose the nude and salmon color. Very pretty!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

These are great for the price, very easy to apply and blend/pat in with a brush. They are best used over eye shadow. They do seem to last a good chunk of the day but if I am going out at night I would reapply as they do seem to fade.

I have this in Nude and this gives a really pretty light golden brown sparkle to a neutral eye look. I won't be repurchasing as I have a few of these and other various eye glitters to use up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I bought this some time ago in the color Taupe, for $4.50. Thing is, I never found a purpose for it, so it stayed in my makeup cabinet unused until it dried out and I threw it away. The packaging says "NYX Roll On Shimmer for Eyes, Face, Body". The funny part is, it was too liquidy and irritating for my eye area, too opaque and shimmery for my face and definitely too dark and weird for my body. I regret buying it, but it was like a fast "omg I want it" type of purchase, so my bad. Don't buy this people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I love these. They work better if you apply an eye shadow first (in the same shade family as the roll on shimmer) then roll this product on top a few times. It's gorgeous. The only one I don't care for is the purple one.