July 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - roll on shimmer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by MS05

I love this! So pigmented and perfect! Never thought it would have been so amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was pleasantly surprised with this eye shadow. I liked the roll-on aspect of it. Anything that makes application easier and quicker is a draw for me. Plus, NYX could put dirt in a jar and I'd buy it. I love their products. These are very sparkly and loose. Not like glitter loose, but definitely not like a powder. They apply somewhat like a cream shadow and have decent staying power. I didn't have any problem with fallout when applying, but I use a brush instead of just rolling it on. They pair really well with the jumbo pencils and have lots of vibrant colors. I like more metallic/sparkly shadows on myself. I have light skin so matte colors come off very clown-like on me. I chose the nude and salmon color. Very pretty!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

These are great for the price, very easy to apply and blend/pat in with a brush. They are best used over eye shadow. They do seem to last a good chunk of the day but if I am going out at night I would reapply as they do seem to fade.

I have this in Nude and this gives a really pretty light golden brown sparkle to a neutral eye look. I won't be repurchasing as I have a few of these and other various eye glitters to use up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I bought this some time ago in the color Taupe, for $4.50. Thing is, I never found a purpose for it, so it stayed in my makeup cabinet unused until it dried out and I threw it away. The packaging says "NYX Roll On Shimmer for Eyes, Face, Body". The funny part is, it was too liquidy and irritating for my eye area, too opaque and shimmery for my face and definitely too dark and weird for my body. I regret buying it, but it was like a fast "omg I want it" type of purchase, so my bad. Don't buy this people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I love these. They work better if you apply an eye shadow first (in the same shade family as the roll on shimmer) then roll this product on top a few times. It's gorgeous. The only one I don't care for is the purple one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Kayrobbs95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Where do I even begin?! This product is amazing! The color selection for these are gorgeous and compliment every eye color. They look great for an evening look and can be beautifully worn during the day. I bought three of them; the dark blue, purple, and the champagne color. They are pigmented and long lasting! I received numerous compliments on my eye makeup at school, work and even going out. It took my under 5 minutes to do my eye makeup! Helpful tip when applying: the glitter can be a little bit messy. To prevent sparkles from sticking to your face; place a piece of tape or tissue under your eye! Give these a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am soooo happy that I decided to try this! I have used products similar to this awhile back - I believe the one I had was from Cover Girl and it was pretty when first applied but it was very messy, ruined my eyeliner and got all over my face. I def wasn't down with looking like a disco ball - even at 14. I went to Ulta to blow some cash and I have been eyeing these for awhile now...I actually bought a roller and a cream eyeshadow a few months ago and somehow I ended up losing them before I had the chance to try them out. I was bummed out so when I saw this I was stoked. I bought two colors, "Nude" & "Suede". I also bought a NYX cream eyeshadow. I got home, slapped on the cream eyeshadow which is gorgeous and it also makes a perfect base for the roller...I roll on the shimmer while it's still damp and it sticks to the cream eyeshadow like glue. I take an eyeshadow brush and sort of pat down the glitter into my eyelid and Voila... it stays ALL DAY. I have never had any type of glitter eye product last as long as this did without hella fall out. The combination is absolutely gorgeous, it's the perfect way to add beautiful dimension to your eyes and without the hassle and spending 30 mins doing so. I literally can do both eyes in under 5 mins and it looks so gorgeous. The nude looks perfect on my NC35 skin. I highly highly recommend this product...I'm buying every color!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Yes2289

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've recently started using NYX products and I'm amazed by the great quality, considering how low cost it is. I really enjoy using the roll on shimmers. I purchased the nude and onyx color. They go on smooth and last a while. Also very pigmented. It's not a messy glitter like many glitter products can be. They add the perfect pop of shimmer to all looks and blend pretty well with other shadows. Only complaint is that the "roller ball" (not sure the correct term) gets stuck sometimes which can be annoying. But overall I would recommend buying this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by sultaria

I bought this in purple to be used in combination with other eyeshadow. I used it over the MAC eyeshadow primer, which makes even the dollar store eyeshadow stay on all day. However, this roller eyeshadow pretty much creased and faded within 20 minutes of application. I was extremely disappointed and will not be buying this again. I had high hopes for this because it looked so pigmented but is actually extremely light even with heavy application.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I purchased Walnut (champagne bronze) and chestnut (brownish)
and i think they are fantastic!
i have an NC35 skin tone with olive under tones, and these are both great colors for me.

I apply them on top of my painterly paint pot from MAC, and then roll them right onto the eyelid. At first i had to roll it on my hand a few times to get the product out, but once i got it on my eyelids i had no problem with it!
No fall out, and it stayed on all day!
I work in a restaurant and it can be really hot in there, this lasted on my eyes for 7hours and still going strong.
I really like the concept of these "shadows" being on a roller stick, and will definitely be trying a few more shades!
Recommend!