NYX roll on shimmer

4.2

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I own the color silver and I love this product! I only use this for special looks but the shimmer is incredible! Because it's a roll on, you can literally roll it onto your eyes or anywhere on your skin. I even used it on my arms for a fairy look! Beware that this gets everywhere if not handled properly. I had glitter in my hair for a week! I would recommend using a brush you don't care a whole lot about to apply the glitter if you aren't going to roll it directly onto your skin, which is what I learned to do. If you use your fingers, be prepared!

on 2/9/2015 10:20:00 PM

Tip below! Id only used this once or twice after I got this (years ago) and I didn't really care for it but that was my fault. When I applied it the first time, I just rolled it right onto my lid. This caused crazy fallout and shimmer everywhere. A few years later with more knowledge, I learned how to apply it best. This morning I used it the again and I had a maybelline color tattoo down and I rolled the shimmer onto the back of my hand, dripped a little bit of eye drops on another part of my hand, and dipped the brush in it to get it wet, then I dipped the wet brush into the shimmer. I loved it!! It stayed on all day and no glitter transferred around my eyes or onto my cheeks. I can't wait to use it again. The color I have is Mauve Pink.

on 10/31/2014 6:53:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

This is one of those top deal for your dollar kind of product that you simply cannot go wrong. I purchased a roller shadow in the shade called Salmon. If you are looking for a shimmering but not glittering kind of solid effect on the eyes, I haven't found anything better than these for the price. I cannot believe they sold it only for $5 per roller at Nordstrom outlet. It doesn't crease , or accentuate dryness or wrinkles on my lids. On me, it's very natural and it gives my eyes that pop look without looking glittery. It is not runny or oily like some of the other powder I have tried. It stayed put even in hot humid weather. It is so finely milled that you cannot find specks on this shadow. It feels light , not heavy, It appears as gold foil effect powder on my eyes. If you looking for a Matte look, do not use these shadows. Like other previous reviewer mentioned, it is kind of hard to apply with a roller over the lid evenly. I use a q tip, and it makes a wonderful corner eye brightening powder. It is not waterproof but it lasts a good 5 hours on me without smearing, fading, or streaking. I like the neutral shades, but I find the blue, greens, pinks, etc make stunning party, evening makeup.

on 10/31/2014 5:20:00 PM

These are great for those days where I just do not feel like doing my eyes. I have read that they work best over eyeshadow, but I think they work just fine alone. Be sure to use a primer though! They are a perfect mix of sparkle and color. I bought a light pink and onyx (black). The only complaint I really have is that they roll on. I think its incredibly messy and I have to use a q tip to get the fallout out from under my eyes, and once I've put on my base makeup, that gets annoying because then I have to reapply that as well. I think if it was in a pot with a brush it would be easier to use, but overall the product is great!

on 9/10/2014 8:36:00 AM

I absolutely love the roll on shimmers! I purchased them in Sea Foam, Almond, Mauve Pink and Blue for ($2.99 at PacSun!) what I normally do is prime first, add the same color eyeshadow and then top it off with the glitter. The only downside is that it does get everywhere so make sure you protect you under eyes/concealer before you put it on

on 9/2/2014 8:52:00 PM

I purchased this product in "Green" (Res 01). I feel like a galactic mermaid princess when I wear this stuff. Its so highly pigmented... I just can't believe it works so well. I definitely will be purchasing more of these in the future.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Fantastic! Super easy to apply and very pigmented. I love them. But make sure you have a base or primer or there will be lots of fallout

on 7/24/2014 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! So pigmented and perfect! Never thought it would have been so amazing!

on 6/27/2014 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was pleasantly surprised with this eye shadow. I liked the roll-on aspect of it. Anything that makes application easier and quicker is a draw for me. Plus, NYX could put dirt in a jar and I'd buy it. I love their products. These are very sparkly and loose. Not like glitter loose, but definitely not like a powder. They apply somewhat like a cream shadow and have decent staying power. I didn't have any problem with fallout when applying, but I use a brush instead of just rolling it on. They pair really well with the jumbo pencils and have lots of vibrant colors. I like more metallic/sparkly shadows on myself. I have light skin so matte colors come off very clown-like on me. I chose the nude and salmon color. Very pretty!

on 6/25/2014 7:30:00 AM

These are great for the price, very easy to apply and blend/pat in with a brush. They are best used over eye shadow. They do seem to last a good chunk of the day but if I am going out at night I would reapply as they do seem to fade.

I have this in Nude and this gives a really pretty light golden brown sparkle to a neutral eye look. I won't be repurchasing as I have a few of these and other various eye glitters to use up.