April 19, 2014 | 1584 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - roll on shimmer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Kayrobbs95

Where do I even begin?! This product is amazing! The color selection for these are gorgeous and compliment every eye color. They look great for an evening look and can be beautifully worn during the day. I bought three of them; the dark blue, purple, and the champagne color. They are pigmented and long lasting! I received numerous compliments on my eye makeup at school, work and even going out. It took my under 5 minutes to do my eye makeup! Helpful tip when applying: the glitter can be a little bit messy. To prevent sparkles from sticking to your face; place a piece of tape or tissue under your eye! Give these a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am soooo happy that I decided to try this! I have used products similar to this awhile back - I believe the one I had was from Cover Girl and it was pretty when first applied but it was very messy, ruined my eyeliner and got all over my face. I def wasn't down with looking like a disco ball - even at 14. I went to Ulta to blow some cash and I have been eyeing these for awhile now...I actually bought a roller and a cream eyeshadow a few months ago and somehow I ended up losing them before I had the chance to try them out. I was bummed out so when I saw this I was stoked. I bought two colors, "Nude" & "Suede". I also bought a NYX cream eyeshadow. I got home, slapped on the cream eyeshadow which is gorgeous and it also makes a perfect base for the roller...I roll on the shimmer while it's still damp and it sticks to the cream eyeshadow like glue. I take an eyeshadow brush and sort of pat down the glitter into my eyelid and Voila... it stays ALL DAY. I have never had any type of glitter eye product last as long as this did without hella fall out. The combination is absolutely gorgeous, it's the perfect way to add beautiful dimension to your eyes and without the hassle and spending 30 mins doing so. I literally can do both eyes in under 5 mins and it looks so gorgeous. The nude looks perfect on my NC35 skin. I highly highly recommend this product...I'm buying every color!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Yes2289

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've recently started using NYX products and I'm amazed by the great quality, considering how low cost it is. I really enjoy using the roll on shimmers. I purchased the nude and onyx color. They go on smooth and last a while. Also very pigmented. It's not a messy glitter like many glitter products can be. They add the perfect pop of shimmer to all looks and blend pretty well with other shadows. Only complaint is that the "roller ball" (not sure the correct term) gets stuck sometimes which can be annoying. But overall I would recommend buying this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by sultaria

I bought this in purple to be used in combination with other eyeshadow. I used it over the MAC eyeshadow primer, which makes even the dollar store eyeshadow stay on all day. However, this roller eyeshadow pretty much creased and faded within 20 minutes of application. I was extremely disappointed and will not be buying this again. I had high hopes for this because it looked so pigmented but is actually extremely light even with heavy application.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I purchased Walnut (champagne bronze) and chestnut (brownish)
and i think they are fantastic!
i have an NC35 skin tone with olive under tones, and these are both great colors for me.

I apply them on top of my painterly paint pot from MAC, and then roll them right onto the eyelid. At first i had to roll it on my hand a few times to get the product out, but once i got it on my eyelids i had no problem with it!
No fall out, and it stayed on all day!
I work in a restaurant and it can be really hot in there, this lasted on my eyes for 7hours and still going strong.
I really like the concept of these "shadows" being on a roller stick, and will definitely be trying a few more shades!
Recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by azgirl929

Fist time using a shimmer. I bought it in Platinum and rather than rolling it directly over the eye shadow to add some "pop", I apply it with a flat eye shadow brush and pat it on, not swipe. It lasted at least 6 hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

All that shows up is dry glitter that flakes away. I'm not impressed. Sorry NYX :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked up one of these roll on shimmer shadows on sale not expecting much. I didn't expect this being such a nice quality item because NYX shadows tend to be very hit or miss. Yes, these are called roll on shimmer shadows so there is a ton of glitter in them and expect fall out. I'm in my mid 30s and I confess to still wearing sparkles on my eyes! I got this in the shade Taupe which actually leans more warm than cool. It contains mutli-colored sparkles in it. The color is highly pigmented meaning one swipe and you get vibrant color. I was also surprised that it blends so easily and the glitter doesn't feel uncomfortible or gritty on the lid. With a primer, these last all day long and the vibrancy doesn't fade. I have to buy all the colors now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased it in Salmon and Nude which makes my brown eyes pop. There's bit of glitter fall out, nothing extreme, so I make sure I use a tissue under my eyes when rolling this product on my eyes and patting it down with my fingers. Application is easy and the shimmer is subtle and beautiful. Definitely purchasing other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by NicoleRay719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes I definitely had a similar product by BonneBell in high school a decade ago. But when NYX was marked 40% off at Ulta plus I could use $3.50 off $10 purchase... I couldn't resist! I bought Salmon, Almond, and Mauve Pink. AMAZING!!!! They stay on all day (I did use a primer then used the roll on shimmer over my eyeshadow) from 6am to 6pm. I couldn't believe it! MINIMAL fall out for a loose pigment, very subtle and SO beautiful! I use it lightly on my lids for a tiny bit of shimmer and it was awesome! MUCH cheaper and easier to use than MAC loose pigments I'd been considering.... For no more than I'd use them, NYX was the way to go for me! Great color selection too! Can't wait for summer when shimmer is even more appropriate :-)