August 23, 2014 | 1351 users online

Shampoo - Renpure - Argan Oil Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by twilty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo completely dried out my hair and made it rough and frizzy. The cocnut creme shampoo worked for me, but not this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

I'm only giving my opinion on the conditioner. I haven't tried the shampoo but I will soon. To describe my hair type, I have medium/long hair that's oily at the scalp and dry at the ends. By oily I mean, I have to use dry shampoo every other day when I don't wash. I don't wash my hair everyday as I don't want to over strip it from its natural oils. It's essential in order to have nice smooth healthy hair. I am always on the lookout for the best organic products. The conditioner is nice. It's moisturizing and has a nice thickish consistency. But...I am not crazy about the baby powderish type smell. I really don't like it. But... I also can't ignore the fact you can't beat the price for a product that has quality ingredients that you can buy at your local drug store. (I bought mine at Walgreens) I'm on the fence, but I'm still looking for an organic shampoo that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, that smells good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't review many air products cause I'm mostly a Wash and go gal but since I'm concentrating on growing out my shoulder length colored hair, I've decided to pay more attention to keeping it healthy. I really like this shampoo and Conditioner. It works really well on my hair type. Fine, semi coarse on top (Gray hairs) and very, very dry from bleaching last year. I've gotten it back in decent condition but I fight dryness on the midlengths to ends and it can get oily on my scalp. I found this Shampoo/Combo perfect for my hair type. It does not weigh it down and my hair is left clean but not stripped. I cannot use sulfates on my head as I seem to be sensitive to them in anything. They will dry my scalp out and give me the "itchies"

the shampoo is does not have super lather but if you are used to using true Sulfate free shampoos, then you are already familiar with a non lathering shampoo. I really like the scent. It's strong going on but by the time you blow dry, the scent is just a hint of the argan oil smell.

There is no reviews on the conditioner which I actually love, love, love!!! The price is really cheap if you get a BOGO offer at Walgreens. The conditioner leaves my hair very soft, silky but not weighed down at all. I have fine hair that is dry, it's hard to find a conditioner that leaves my hair truly conditioned but not greasy and flat. My Colored treated hair Loves this stuff!!! I will definitely buy again. I very rarely buy the same shampoo/Conditioner very often. Just never seem to find any that I can really stick to that I like. I plan to buy all the Renpure products to give them a try. I think it's a great brand that is affordable. generous sized products and they work. Having no sulfates and silicones seals the deal for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so excited to try tjis shampoo. I gave it a chance for a week and I honestly cannot stand it. I REALLY gave it my all but tjis product is not gor me.
I agree with the stiff hair feeling and dryness feeling it leaves on your hair. I used the Renpure Argan Oil shampoo, conditioner and their oil. It left my hair feeling dry. Although I need a trim, this product left me with a lot to be desired and I wouldn't use it again. I used about 1/ 4 of the bottles and leaving it under my sink. Very disappointed. ... I had high hopes for some reason but this was far from my expectations.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm just going to do reviews for both the argan oil shampoo and conditioner, since I can't find a separate thing for the conditioner.

For starters, my hair is fairly long (past boob length), fine, heavily color treated, a bit damaged. It was curly before I fried it with one too many at-home bleach jobs, now it's mostly wavy and almost curly on a good day. I dye my hair blue-black currently.

Found this at Walgreens for about $6 a bottle, it caught my attention with the promise of "no sodium chloride, salt, dyes sulfates, parabens, gluten". I've been switching to shampoos that don't contain any sulfates, because as anyone who colors their hair can probably agree that there are few things more annoying than having your hair color fade faster than it should. And after seeing that many of the drugstore shampoos for color-treated hair contain sulfates, I just decided to make the switch and see how it goes.
---------------------------------
The shampoo is very nice. It doesn't give you that squeaky clean feeling a regular shampoo will give you, but I've come to love it. My hair feels nourished and clean, but not stripped. I was surprised at how well it lathered, and it does lather better the more soaked your hair is.

And the thing that sent me over the moon in happiness is, when using it the first time, I looked at the shampoo bubbles on my hands after lathering up and there was hardly any blue tinge to them at all. I had dyed my hair about a week before I picked this up and am used to seeing blue-tinged 'poo bubbles for most of a month (may sound silly, but that's just a little shampoo test I do - seeing how much of my color is washing out and fading by how colored the bubbles are). It's been...oh, about a month now since coloring my hair, and it still looks pretty fresh, still black as my heart and soul and still with the blue tint to it. I suppose I could have just skipped the long-winded washing-my-hair scene and say that it's EXCELLENT on color-treated hair in my experience.

*** SHAMPOO INGREDIENTS: Purified Water , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate , Lauryl Glucoside , Decyl Glucoside , Sodium Lauryl Lactylate , Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil , Hypnea Musciformis Extract , Gellidiela Acerosa Extract , Sargassum Filipendula Extract , Sorbitol , PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate , Silicone Quaternium 17 , Glycol Stearate , Polyquaternium 10 , Citric Acid , Diazolidnyl Urea , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , Fragrance

(Note that Silicone Quaternium 17 is a water-soluable cone)
-----------------------
Okay, now for the conditioner. I'd say it's a medium consistency, it's not thin exactly, but not super thick, either. Spreads through the hair very easily and has a good slip to it. I feel like it really nourishes my hair, and after getting out of the shower, detangling is a breeze, a wide-tooth comb glides right on through.

*** CONDITIONER INGREDIENTS: Purified Water , Cetrimonium ChloridePalm Oil , Cetearyl AlcoholPalm Oil , Behentrimonium ChlorideRapeseed Oil , Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil , Hypnea Musciformis ExtractRed Seaweed , Gellidiela Acerosa Extract , Sargassum Filipendula Extract , Sorbitol , Silicon Quaternium 17 , Diazolidinyl Urea , Lodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , Fragrance
-----------------------
The scent of these is very similar to the Suave Moroccan Infusion line, but slightly different and also less strong. I personally love the smell.

So, in conclusion to this very long review, this 'poo and conditioner duo are current HG status for me, and I'm surprisingly not tempted to try anything else (being a hair product junkie, I have never uttered those words before). Keeps my hair color looking great, makes my hair incredibly soft and manageable, and I've stopped getting little dandruff flakes since using this as well. Renpure is also not tested on animals.

So yes! I will repurchase and I very much recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by three_black_cats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I stumbled upon this in the shampoo/conditioner/body care aisle at my local Nob Hill grocery. I had heard good things about argan oil, and definitely wanted something that was free of sulfates, parabens, and sodium chloride. And the price was right at about $5.99 for a 16fl oz bottle.

Ok, so it doesn't lather the way typical shampoos do. You aren't going to get tons of foam and incredible bubbles. It actually feels more like a lotion than a super strong detergent shampoo. I put a quarter size to a half dollar size amount in my palm to cleanse my long hair after my hair is drenched with water. The way that it produces such a mild lather makes me feel like I'm nourishing my hair while gently cleansing my scalp. It doesn't feel like it is stripping my hair or scalp the way a lot of shampoos do. It rinses clean, but not squeaky-clean, and I think that is a good thing. My hair feels soft when I rinse it out, and I follow up with conditioner, but I almost feel like I wouldn't need to condition after using this.

The scent, when I notice it, is just a mild clean scent. There isn't any strong scent that lingers in my hair, and for me that is a good thing.

I have purchased this several times, and will continue to purchase. It isn't a high profile brand-name shampoo, but it works well, makes my hair smooth and soft, and doesn't break the bank. Lather, rinse... and you probably won't have to repeat, because it does what it is supposed to do and leaves your hair clean and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by kikotoast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Found this on sale at Rite Aid. I saw that it was sulfate free and cruelty free so I decided to try it. I was concerned about the polyquaternium-10 because of its tendency to build up, but I bought this shampoo anyway. It was the best option for me at Rite Aid at 1 in the morning.

It has been 3 washes now and I haven't noticed any buildup. My hair feels silky, shiny and manageable.

I don't really notice an issue with the lack of lather. I don't care for foaminess or lather-iness in a shampoo. I think the reason it doesn't lather is because it does not have sulfates.

It's a good product, but I am not too fond of the scent...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in Rite Aid in the shampoo aisle, no surprise there, when I saw this. I was going to just get the conditioner, because I've been loving several of LUSH's solid shampoos lately, but I love the smell of anything Moroccanoil, so that's really why I bought it. I also liked that it was sulfate free, cruelty free and made in the US. Figured I'd check it out. I hated it. It didn't lather up, which good or bad, is something I like my shampoo to do and it did not rinse clean. It left a coating on my hair. As soon as I rinsed I just knew...I should have rewashed my hair, but didn't. (I did follow with the conditioner and I didn't really care for that either) Not sure if it was the conditioner, or the combination, but my hair looks like straw. The curl is limp and it's frizzy. My hair looks a little greasy as well. The fragrance was OK. I've smelled other Moroccanoil products that I like much better, like Organix. I will never repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Spotted these on clearance at Walgreen $2.99 each and they had a BOGO so ended up paying $3.99 for both shampoo/conditioner.
Since this shampoo is sulfate free it does not lather-so it tends to stay stiff on the hair like gel...so you must make sure you hair is completely wet before applying in order to get some lather.
This did make my hair soft, moist, and shiny-but not frizz free so my hair poofed out!. Not sure if I will repurchase again (at full price). It doesn't really smell like anything-so I can't really describe a scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is definitely THE shampoo for me. I bought the Argan Oil Shampoo and conditioner, and I just can't help myself to write a review after the first use. This shampoo is great, it has everything I was looking for, ingredient with argan oil, paraben,sulfate.. free, and easy to find from drugstores. I read the ingredient, and it is very similar to the fancy salon brand MoroccanOil shampoo which I paid so much more for. I used the shampoo and the conditioner together, and my hair feels so much softer and stronger, and smells so good. Thank you Renpure for making this great hair products, I will keep repurchasing. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Update: I found that I had much less hair fall when I was using this product, so it's another plus. This product is truly amazing, if you have dry and thin hair like me and are looking for an affordable shampoo and conditioner without harsh chemicals, you won't be disappointed with this one.