August 22, 2014 | 1655 users online

Treatments (Face) - Murad - Complete Reform with Glyco Firming Complex

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No No No. This product burned my face. I bought it from sephora for over $75 CAD and what a waste of money. I was looking for a firming product and one of the sephora sales girl recommended this for me because a lot of women were buying it. Anyways the first night I tried it, my face tingled a bit... And I thought maybe it was the product working... After 7 days of using this, my face actually felt like it was burning / irritated / angry. Then after researching the ingredients... I found out that this product has lavender oil which is a known irritant!! Soon after I discontinued putting this on my face... My face calmed down. Please don't buy this product even if you don't have a sensitive face... I didn't see my results, I was just left with a red face. I will return this to sephora's tomorrow and get my money back.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by JenasMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe it's my skin type but I tried this for the first time tonight and granted yes I don't have wrinkles at all on my face but I've been using eye creams and face creams targeted for people with wrinkles because I figured if I start early enough maybe I can de crease the rate of wrinkles appearing on my skin. I do have oily skin so that's going to help in the long run too, but nonetheless I still want to prevent it now. Anyways I tried this out for the first time tonight (I got a deluxe size sample at sephora with my VIB card) and at first when I was dapping it around my eyes to get enough product on not too much but enough it was fine then I started rubbing it in and when my skin started to absorb the product it immediately started burning, like a horrible burning sensation enough to the point where I had to remove it as fast as I could. Now I sit here with skin that feels sunburned and looks sunburned and not only that but where I put the product my skin is now swollen in that area. I mean is this suppose to work like this? I wouldn't think so. The eye cream I love and use every day is the Nars skin total replenishing eye cream. It's 55 for a full size at Sephora and so worth it so my skin is use to higher end creams but the Nars one doesn't do this at all! It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth where I applied it. I'm pretty close to calling Murad in the morning and asking of this is normal or not. Either way i love Murad products I use the clarifying wipes everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by msjohns888

I received a sample from sephora that has lasted a few days. I don't know if I'm imagining things but my pores look much smaller and I have a couple ice pick acne scars that have softened. I really think this stuff is amazing. So amazing that I'm inclined to buy this entire line. I know murad is expensive but I've never once been disappointed with their products.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by littleann818

This is my FIRST IMPRESSIONS. (I've only used this product one time) The first time I put this product on, not knowing what to expect, my face feels like it burns and a strong stinging sensation overcame my entire face. This being my first time using product, I seriously didn't know what to expect from it but I knew the sensation I was getting on my face must not be normal so I washed it off immediately. I have dry-combination, sensitive skin so it could have been something I was allergic to? Either way, I will not be repurchasing or using this product again. Into the swap pile it goes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by sparkleplenti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, this stuff sells out fast! I know why... its amazing! I have skin that changes with the seasons, so my skincare routine changes all the time. Ugh. However, this is amazing under Dr Haushka foundation, as well as physicians formula talc free loose powder, and Revlon Colorstay Creme (so long as moisturizer is put on first... either the Murad Hydra that is in the same line as Complete Reform or Desert Essence gentle night cream).

Update: this product is still going strong! I love it! Its amazing under makeup and gives me a daytime treatment to boot :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by treedog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I see the other reviewer might be confusing Glyco firming with Glycolic Acid.

At 49 I am seeing issues pop up all over my face, always a new challenge. I am using Retin-A .4% at night and complete reform during the day. This product does firm your looser skin beautifully. I love this - it also does not irritate my incredibly sensitive red-head fair skin. It does keep the flakes down to a minimum and if my face does break out due to some peri-meno. issue this and the retin-a remove the problems immediately.

I don't like the price, while I can afford it I am getting more and more to the point that the prices are really ridiculous. I also like that Murad does not test on animals unlike Neutrogena, Olay, Almay, the typical brands people buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Sephora has been running promos on this stuff and I got it with an eye cream this winter.

As far as glycolics go, this is not particularly effective. When I'm using a nighttime treatment, I want to wake up with skin that at least looks refreshed, but this doesn't seem to do much of anything. My primary complaint, though, is that it doesn't even feel good on my skin. It's sticky and stays that way, even after I put a moisturizer over it.

There are plenty of glycolics out there at all price ranges that are effective and make your skin feel & look good. This isn't one of them.

I've tried myriad Murad products over the years from almost all of their lines and have never been wowed by any of them, nor repurchased. Everything I've used has been ho-hum, overpriced, and over-hyped. Pass on this one.