Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Setting Brush

4.8

I love this brush. It is perfect for applying your under-eye concealer or highlighter. It's high quality, no shedding and feels amazing on the skin. Recommend this brush to anyone!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've got 2 of these, one of them I use for applying concealer and blending it out, a perfect fit for your under eye area (although this has been said a million times in these reviews) and the other one I use for applying highlighter. Real Techniques brushes are reasonably priced and great quality, they also wash really well.

on 6/29/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Like all of the Real Techniques brushes, the setting brush is great quality and affordable. I like this brush because it has a very unique design that is perfect for setting under eyes and I also use it for applying powder highlighters. The tapered tip allows you to apply powder on the sides of nose or inner tear duct area. I usually use one side of the brush to apply setting powder and then I use the other side for powder highlight. Really great multi-tasking brush that has an irreplaceable spot in my collection.

on 6/20/2015 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I absolutely love this brush! I use it mainly for highlighting both powder and liquid. This brush is well made with next to no shedding. Excellent brushes for the price.

on 4/29/2015 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Perfect for setting under eye ! Another great brush from real techniques

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Excellent, high quality, durable and super soft brush. I use this to set my undereye area and apply highlight to my face and this is amazing. It blends my concealer and highlighter flawlessly and really marries the product onto your skin, a brush specifically for setting small areas on the face like your eyes may seem like a luxury product but once you start using it, you'll be glad you did. A technique like this really pulls the entire face makeup together. It's good for brushing away any excess eyeshadow as well but since I am a beast with my eyeshadow I always apply my concealer after eyeshadow.

on 4/26/2015 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have two of these - one I bought on it's own and one that came with the Sculpting set. I use them for different things, and I love them for both applications.

I first bought this to go with my e.l.f. HD undereye setting powder. It works great for that as it is the right size to fit under my eyes and doesn't pick up too much product.

When I got the second one, I wasn't sure what I would use it for as I bought the Sculpting set mainly for the fan brush. I tried it yesterday with my concealer under my eyes and it worked a treat. It blended it out without smearing it all over my face or taking product away from where I actually wanted it to go (which happens to me with other concealer/brush combos).

Is it an essential brush? No, probably not. Am I pleased that I have it? Yes, absolutely.

on 4/3/2015 5:28:00 AM

After hearing all the raves on Real Techniques brushes, i pick this up to apply powder for contouring and it hardly pick up any pigment at all. Guess i will be using this to finish up product which i didn't like as with this you need to use alot of the product and still didn't get to see any of it on the face. Other than this problem, it is a soft, quick to dry and doesn't shed (wash twice) brush. I find that soft synthetic brushes usually doesn't pick up much pigment, perhaps it's good for those very very pigmented blusher...i own another brush that is not synthetic that washes well and pick up pigment and powder way better than this one. Won't repurchase nor try any of the brushes from this brand anymore.

EDIT: Decide to add more lippies as i'm still using the same brush to pick up the same contour powder and today it got the colour way much better, alittle too heavy on my face though than i used it yesterday? Hmm..i think it might be because i am extremely light handed and newly wash and dried when i used it? I don't know but i had to brush on quite a bit to have the color shown...so i up two lippies. I need to use more to see if i would repurchase even though i like the size of the brush.

on 3/31/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i love this brush! it's excellent for applying highlighter on your cheekbones or for setting your undereye concealer.

on 3/5/2015 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I finally found the perfect brush to use with highlighters. It's the perfect size for applying it to the top of my cheekbones, down my nose and cupids bow. I can be used to apply powder highlighters or (my favorite use) to blend liquid highlighters like benefits high beam. I dot a little high beam on my face and this brush is so soft and dense it blends it into my skin seamlessly. What a difference this brush had made to my makeup application. Highly recommend.

Popular Makeup Brushes