October 20, 2014 | 1965 users online

rated 4.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bodycology's Coconut Lime Body Scrub is a simple sugar scrub. It's apparently new, and doesn't show up on the company's website, so all information in this review is first hand, or written on the jar. Bodycology's finished products are not tested on animals and are made in the USA. This is an affordable brand that's widely available and can be found at just about any drugstore, as well as Target, Walmart, and Ulta. I purchased my tub of scrub at Target for $6 for 16 ounces of product. No a bad price for a full pound of scrub!
Packaging is a plastic jar with a screw on lid, both recyclable. The front of the jar shows a cut up line and half a coconut, giving it a natural image. The back of the jar features a bunch of product information, including a scent description , product info, directions, and an ingredient list. Bodycology seems to really try to project a natural image. While they're not an all natural, organic brand, but they do use a fair amount of natural ingredients, so the natural facade isn't like an awkward lie. *cough* Covergirl Natureluxe *cough*.
Bodycology claims their exfoliating scrub will give you "smoother, younger looking skin." They also claim that the "exfoliating sugar crystals combined with moisturizing jojoba and almond oils will leave your skin feeling soft, nourished, and pampered". While I don't feel pampered, nor does my skin look younger, this scrub does make my skin feel much softer and smoother, though there is no visible difference.
Bodycology's Coconut Lime scrub is a light green, gooey, sticky gel with large, noticeable sugar granules suspended in it. I really like the texture. It's fun to slosh around in the jar, and put your fingers in. Like you don't play with your bath products.
On the skin, this scrub feels pretty rough, much rougher than St. Ives Apricot Scrub. As you work this scrub into your skin the sugar granules start to dissolve. This scrub leaves your skin feeling warmer, I guess due to improved circulation. This scrub isn't stubborn like some, and rinses right off. If you happen to miss some, you'll know right away because of the sticky feeling it leaves behind. Being a rougher scrub, you definitely shouldn't use this on a daily basis. I'd recommend using it every 3-7 days, depending on your needs. I've been using it every 3-4 days.
If you remember from my last Bodycology review, I said I didn't like their scents. Do I like Coconut Lime's scent better? Nope. Actually, I don't think it smells very much like coconut or limes. Bodycology describes the scent as "the sweet scent of coconut mingles with refreshing lime to help relieve stress and tension - like a tropical island getaway". By tropical island do they mean drugstore cold and flu aisle? Because this stuff smells like medicine. It's kinda sickly smelling and is just strange. There are hints of coconut and lime in it, and it actually smells really good from outside the jar, but once you open it Coconut Lime smells very synthetic, chemically, and medicinal. Not so natural...
I like Bodycology's Exfoliating Body Scrub, and I'm sorry I couldn't really offer more official information on it. I bought this scrub as I wouldn't waste my St. Ives scrub on my body and I actually think this delivers better results. I would never use this on my face though, it's far far too rough. I do recommend this scrub if you don't mind the scent, or maybe try another scent. Regardless of the unpleasant scent, this is a good body scrub that I'd definitely repurchase when I run out, not that that'll be any time soon, considering there's a whole pound of it.