October 30, 2014 | 1608 users online

Shampoo - Not Your Mother's - Way To Grow Long & Strong

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by pandasteaks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought the shampoo and conditioner set on sale at Ulta on a whim. It smelled nice, the packaging is attractive, and it promises to moisturize damaged hair and encourage healthy growth. The buy on get on half off price tag didn't hurt either.

For anyone that thinks this will magically repair over-processed hair or make your hair grow fast because of the cutesy description on the back of the tube: get real. It's a shampoo and conditioner, not Rogaine for ladies and not some high-end salon treatment for ultra damaged tresses.

I. LOVE. THIS. SHAMPOO. AND. CONDITIONER.

A lot of people complain that it doesn't lather and that many sulfate-free formulas are like that. HAHAHA. The shampoo is super thick and creamy and the tube gives instructions to massage the shampoo into the scalp for 2-3 minutes. (That's like one song on Pandora for me - easy.) The lather is so thick that I can make my shoulder-length hair stand up in a foamy pile on top of my head. The smell is amazing. I can see how people liken it to strawberries, but it smells more like a general sweet fruit smell. It's very mild and not bothersome to my senses and I'm not big on scents.

The conditioner looks and feels thick as you work it into the hair. The tube also says to massage this into the hair for 2-3 minutes. (Another song for me.) As you massage and work the conditioner into your scalp and hair, it begins to thin out a bit and feels less thick and conditioner-like. I was worried about that because my hair is so super dry and miserable lately. But no! After rinsing it out, my hair was so clean and super soft feeling, even while wet! After my hair dries it's very shiny, smooth, soft, lightweight and very healthy looking! Highly recommended!

The same products don't really work for the same people all the time. This isn't a miracle cure, but it has helped me. I also have pretty good hair habits so I don't damage my hair.

To give you an idea of what my hair is like:
My hair is fine but thick, slightly wavy, I have a cowlick in the front and the back, my scalp gets flaky from time to time (usually due to weather changes/environmental stuff), and lately my hair has been very dry. I have been looking for an affordable sulfate-free formula to moisturize my hair as I am trying to grow it out and keep it healthy with monthly trims and good products. I do not color my hair and have not in over a decade, I never heat-style, I use a blow-dryer 3x a week tops, and I always wash and rinse my hair with lukewarm or cool water.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Oddbawl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I keep coming back to this shampoo, I really love it. My hair is really dry, but this does not dry it out. Its always so soft and manageable after I use it. It smells awesome too. AND, its super affordable. I have a feeling I'll be using this shampoo for a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I know it can't miraculously grow my already super long hair longer overnight, but my issue with this is that my hair just doesn't look very good. Flat and limp. Smells great, won't rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by kfarmer2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I have been reading tons and tons of reviews on this product system and was skeptical at first because in a lot of reviews, women talked about they ended up losing MORE hair after starting to use this. But also, there were reviews were it helped women with breakage and shedding so I wanted to try myself. For an unknown reason-probably just stress or something-I have been losing a bunch of hair in the shower and when brushing/combing my hair.

I used the shampoo and conditioner last night and could already tell a difference once I styled my hair. I used the shampoo and conditioner as recommended, massaging the scalp for 2-3 minutes (my hands got tired really quick so I just did 2 minutes), rinse, condition 2-3 minutes (I did 2) and rinse. I let my hair air dry for about 20ish minutes and then used a hair dryer to finish. My hair was SO SILKY SOFT. I didn't notice a change in hair loss yet but i've only used it once so we'll see if it helps with that. I also want to try and grow my hair out some so I think i'm going to start taking a Hair, Skin and Nails vitamin again to help out some.

The bottles are a bit small for a normal shampoo/conditioner but you don't have to use a lot for it to do it's job. Cute packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Peanut2089

I loved this stuff because it was sulfate free, and I loved the way it made my hair feel. But unfortunately it made my hair fall out, which non sulfate shampoos can do to some people, or so I've heard.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by jhb756

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my third tube of this. It smells so good! I don't get strawberries like other reviewers mention, it's more of a vague fruity clean classic shampoo smell for me. I found that it lathered enough. I don't know if it does anything for the "long and strong" claim, but as a regular old shampoo it's effective. It leaves my hair on the drier side, not oily (but it isn't actually drying). I don't like the matching conditioner though; doesn't seem to do much.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Hated it. It didn't suds up very well and I never really felt like it got my roots good and clean. Been using this for 3 months and don't really see a difference in hair growth or health either, but I already have pretty healthy hair, so I'm not sure if I'm a good judge of that. Would never re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shampoo was very light and smelled like fruit. Strawberries to be exact. It lathered nicely. I wouldn't recommend it for color treated hair because its not color safe. It took quite a bit of color out if my hair, but I do not blame the product because color preservation isn't its purpose. Onto the effects, overall I feel like its like any other shampoo when used on its own. Maybe in combination with the entire system it may make hair a bit stronger but I didn't notice any less breakage after using it. My hair is far more damaged than the average so I did not expect a miracle. I believe it did an ok job. I'd repurchase. It's a good shampoo. It made my hair manageable

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Kayqueen

I bought both the shampoo and conditioner and had high hopes for it to help my bleached damaged hair but I don't know why I even bothered this stuff is horrible and made my hair feel dry and worst of all fall out! I'm trying to grow my hair longer, not lose it...back to the store this stuff goes

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by kiwigal99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only good things about this shampoo were the smell (fake strawberries) and the packaging (squeeze tube).

It was 8 dollars for a tube and didn't lather at all, yet it tangled my hair up so much! The conditioner felt so thick and nice, but after I rinsed it out, my hair was still tangly and dry.