Not Your Mother's Way To Grow Long & Strong

3.7

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lautoyl Methyl Isethionate. Sodium Methyl Oleoyl Taurate, AcrylatesCopolymer, Fragance. Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate. Polyquaternium-7, Polygonium Multiflorum Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanium (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Inositol, Calcium Pantothenate, Linoleic Acid, Biotin, Apigenin, Oleanolic Acid, Biotinoyl, Tripeptide-1, Alcohol, PPG-35 Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Butylene Glycol, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Caster Oil, glycol Distearate, Laureth-4, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Triethanolamine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazonelinone, Red 40.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am IN LOVE with this entire line. I first just had the conditioner and used it to aid hair growth and I noticed results, so I got the leave in conditioner and that helped even more and I recently just bought the shampoo. I think if you're a person who doesn't have hair that grows very much that this will help you, but you won't get nearly as good results as someone with already fast growing hair. My hair has always grown a little faster than average, nothing crazy, but not bad either. I cut my hair to a short chin length bob 3 years ago and since 2 years ago I've been growing it out. Last year though, I had to cut a lot of it off again because it was very damaged. Because of this, my length was a little below my collarbone. Recently I really wanted to find something that would really help my hair growth process, I'm trying to grow my hair down to my waist. This stuff works AMAZINGLY on my hair. Since I bought my first bottle about a month an a half ago my hair has grown OVER FOUR INCHES. And not only has this helped my hair grow, it has made my hair healthier than it's ever been. My hair is super soft and shiny and I have ZERO, I repeat ZERO split ends and I haven't had my hair cut in a few months, yet my ends are so healthy, it looks like I had just gotten my hair cut. This is insane, because I have color treated hair and use heat on my hair every single day. Most people with both of those things going on with their hair would have some split ends, and a lot of people would have a lot of them, yet when I look in my hair to see if I can find any, I can search and search but there is not a split end in sight. My hair looks the most beautiful it's ever looked and I know it's thanks to this shampoo and conditioner set.

on 1/28/2015 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For five bucks, this is a pretty good shampoo. It smells great and cleans very well without drying out my hair. I only use it with the matching conditioner which is rare for me to do since I like to rotate my products. My hair just looks shiny and healthy when I use it. Frizz is reduced and the scent actually lingers in my hair. I am so glad to have scored this with my Ulta coupon. While I don't think it will grow my hair magically overnight, I do applaud this line for offering a product that has ingredients that aid in hair growth. I have also seen this sold at Walgreens and CVS. Normally I would passed this up, but I am now glad I tried it.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have big, frizzy, dry, and curly hair that I used to straighten and blow dry all the time. I cut my hair short and I really miss my long hair. I was in the store and saw this product. I've never heard of it or anything but the packaging looked cute so I picked it up and read the back. Luckily, it was sulfate-free because my hair is hard to tame with sulfate. It said it's supposed to help your hair to grow. I bought it and have been using it for at least 2 or 3 weeks now. For both the shampoo and the conditioner, it says to rub into your scalp for 2-3 minutes.

The shampoo is okay at first but it is very dry and thick. You only need a little bit of the shampoo because of the thickness. It can get foamy pretty quickly as well. It does a good job with cleaning my scalp because I don't have as much dandruff as I did before.

The conditioner you might need more of because depending on how much you use it can be very moisturizing or it can dry out your hair. The first time I used it, I put on a lot of conditioner and my hair felt completely soft. I would suggest using another conditioner after or using leave in conditioner after so that your hair isn't completely dried out if it gets dry from the conditioner.

Overall, this product is okay in my opinion. I looked at other reviews and some people tend to forget that this product is supposed to help you grow your hair and not give you a long wig of hair in 5 seconds. If you give it time, you may see a bit of a difference. I have lost some hair from this product but they have white bulbs at the end which means they were supposed to come out anyways to grow new hair. After using both of these products, I use a leave in condition afterwards so my hair is moisturized better and I use a curl enhancer so my hair isn't as frizzy. Remember that not all products are meant for everyone, some products work better on different hair types. This product has been working for me and has grown at least an 1 1/2 inches since I've been using it. Usually my hair would grow 1/2 an inch in a month but now it's grown an inch more. It takes longer for my hair to grow because my hair is curly and curly hair tends to spring up and look shorter than it's actual length. This is my experience with it and it seems to be working so I will continue to buy it.

on 1/8/2015 2:09:00 PM

Just bought my second package of this (conditioner). My sister and I are sharing it and let me tell you- it runs out quickly! I used it every day as well as her, and we ran out in about a week and a half. So...STOCK UP!
My hair is very thick, lots of it, grows about 1/2in-1in per month or more. I know that's crazy but trust me, I've taken pictures (this is without this gypsy magic conditioner).

My sister has thin, super fragile, hard to grow hair. She cannot detangle it with ANYTHING. She grows about 4-6 inches a year.

My hair is like this short bob and I wanted to grow it out without buying the 3 More Inches product line ($$$), so I tried this conditioner instead.

In the shower, I leave it on about 2-3 minutes. It's pretty conditioner-y: white, gooey, etc. When I take it off my hair feels relatively smooth. Pretty easy to wash out and doesn't leave a weird residue in my hair that I can sometimes get from conditioners. I blow dry and straighten every day. My hair feels lighter, smoother, and looks shinier. My hair was also pretty damaged (bleaching, ick) and it helped a lot with this. As for the growing part, I don't think it's done much for me but I just came back from vacation and will be taking pictures every month or so using the conditioner and taking biotin. I'll try to post them later.

ONE LITTLE NOTE: It smells realllly weird. Like licorice (sp?). I do not like that. And I'm extremely non-sensitive to smells.

on 1/5/2015 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the smell. I have only used the shampoo not the conditioner and after I use it my hair feels dry and rubbery

on 12/1/2014 12:29:00 AM

I used it for the first time yesterday, and oh my goodness, i am IN LOVE with it!!!

The price was pretty decent... I got mine from Urban Outfitters for $8. But Ulta's like $6, i think. But the price was pretty good.

The smell is great in the shower but the smell kind of went away in a day which i don't mind.

Also, if you're planning to buy the Shampoo, BUY THE CONDITIONER WITH IT. The other reviews said that the shampoo alone can make your hair dry, so i would advise you to buy the conditioner with it. Plus the shampoo plus conditioner makes my hair so touchable, soft, no tangles, and feels super clean all at the same time! Most people don't use conditioner on their scalp, but for this product, use the conditioner on your scalp.

Here is how i used the Shampoo AND Conditioner.
1.) Obviously wet your hair.
2.) the put your desired amount of shampoo. Just don't use TOO much. Make sure you cover every part of your scalp with the shampoo.
3.) Massage it in for like 2 minutes or so. Then wash it out and put in conditioner.
4.) For the conditioner, put it on your scalp and try not to use so much or else your hair could fall out more. Then leave it on for like 3 or 4 minutes and wash it out. :)

It's amazing to brush through my hair without yanking out 50 pieces of hair.

My hair does not look longer but it feels longer... Though, i only used it once so... can't wait for it to grow longer. :3 People do say that their hair didn't grow but i am willing to be patient and hopeful for my hair.

I have never felt so happy with my hair before. Seriously, Not Your Mother's Way to Grow Shampoo and Conditioner is worth it!!!

:))))

on 11/16/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I used this for over a year and it did not make my hair grow any faster or prevent fallout or make my hair stronger. It did nothing to change my fine wavy hair growth or strength. Made my hair look very shiny though. Gave my last two bottles to my Mom and she loved it on her fine hair. I also noticed how much volume and shine it gave to her hair, and she said her hair dresser remarked how her hair had more life and strength.

In the end I stopped using it because it made my scalp feel slightly uncomfortable and weird, like it was coating hair in something? Plus I really hated the strong chemically apple cinnamon scent, it made me feel like hurling. I only stuck to using it that long because I wanted to see if I could get results.

on 11/7/2014 11:16:00 PM

I have been using this shampoo for a year and a half. I started noticing results before I even finished the first tube, so I just kept buying it. Right now my hair is the longest and healthiest it's been in years. While I don't think it's entirely due to this one product, I definitely think it has contributed.
It's not a moisturizing shampoo at all so I always follow it with a super-moisturizing conditioner. I use this 1-2x a week (I rotate this with different products). It lathers and cleanses really well, rinses cleanly and has a nice strawberry-like scent. And best of all, it only costs a few dollars.
My opinion is that this shampoo won't MAKE you hair grow, but it will HELP your hair grow. It worked for me! Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Tonight is my first night of use of this product. I will, however update this after I've used the product for a month or 2.

So far, so good. I have not felt the dryness or stringynes people are saying there is while you shampoo. For being sulfate free, it lathered pretty well! I paired it with its conditioner and it left my hair soft and smelling good.

My reason for buying this product is because my hair is damaged because I straighten my hair every day and have professionally colored hair plus I wanted to see if it really boosted the growth time. I have dry hair myself.

The prices is decent for the product but I can buy a 16oz of Herbal Essence for $5. I can really complain though.

The packaging is really more than half of the reason I bought this! It's catchy!

Will update in early December.

*Update 1-8-15*
I did say that after a month I would update but December is a busy month for just about everyone.
My hair has grown about an inch and a half (just an estimate). However, the combo of shampoo and conditioner didn't really destroy or repair my hair. I straighten my hair every day.
Opposite to everyone else- the shampoo/conditioner makes my hair gross only after 2 or 3 days. I let my hair go so it's not stripped of its natural oil because my hair is dry.

All in all- all this is good for is growth.

on 10/14/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought the shampoo and conditioner set on sale at Ulta on a whim. It smelled nice, the packaging is attractive, and it promises to moisturize damaged hair and encourage healthy growth. The buy on get on half off price tag didn't hurt either.

For anyone that thinks this will magically repair over-processed hair or make your hair grow fast because of the cutesy description on the back of the tube: get real. It's a shampoo and conditioner, not Rogaine for ladies and not some high-end salon treatment for ultra damaged tresses.

I. LOVE. THIS. SHAMPOO. AND. CONDITIONER.

A lot of people complain that it doesn't lather and that many sulfate-free formulas are like that. HAHAHA. The shampoo is super thick and creamy and the tube gives instructions to massage the shampoo into the scalp for 2-3 minutes. (That's like one song on Pandora for me - easy.) The lather is so thick that I can make my shoulder-length hair stand up in a foamy pile on top of my head. The smell is amazing. I can see how people liken it to strawberries, but it smells more like a general sweet fruit smell. It's very mild and not bothersome to my senses and I'm not big on scents.

The conditioner looks and feels thick as you work it into the hair. The tube also says to massage this into the hair for 2-3 minutes. (Another song for me.) As you massage and work the conditioner into your scalp and hair, it begins to thin out a bit and feels less thick and conditioner-like. I was worried about that because my hair is so super dry and miserable lately. But no! After rinsing it out, my hair was so clean and super soft feeling, even while wet! After my hair dries it's very shiny, smooth, soft, lightweight and very healthy looking! Highly recommended!

The same products don't really work for the same people all the time. This isn't a miracle cure, but it has helped me. I also have pretty good hair habits so I don't damage my hair.

To give you an idea of what my hair is like:
My hair is fine but thick, slightly wavy, I have a cowlick in the front and the back, my scalp gets flaky from time to time (usually due to weather changes/environmental stuff), and lately my hair has been very dry. I have been looking for an affordable sulfate-free formula to moisturize my hair as I am trying to grow it out and keep it healthy with monthly trims and good products. I do not color my hair and have not in over a decade, I never heat-style, I use a blow-dryer 3x a week tops, and I always wash and rinse my hair with lukewarm or cool water.

Popular Shampoos