Maybelline Baby Lips - Peppermint

3.9

on 7/9/2015 10:18:00 PM

After trying 4 lip balms & not liking any of them I finally settled for what I thought was a generic brand that didn't seem like it would fail me. I kind of made the mistake of getting the peppermint because it's not THAT minty & it just kind of smells funny.

For some reason there's also this really thin layer of white shimmer that comes with it & it's pretty subtle but if your lips are pale they'll just make it look whiter so I don't wear it outside anymore without any color under it /:

It's not oily or so solid it doesn't smear; it's kind of a nice in between. I don't like the packaging because the colors for it are just atrocious. But other than that the lid & use is really nice.

I wouldn't get this again mainly because I don't like the scent of it that much. Not very pepper minty /:

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love it. Love that it has SPF 20. Love the packaging.

on 4/9/2015 2:25:00 PM

I use this for the sunscreen primarily, moisturizing, and to use under lipstick I suspect will be drying. I need to reapply this product every hour or two (I might not need to, but I don't like the feeling of it "sitting" on lips). It makes my lips look pretty nice while on, even used alone, and I didn't have what sounds like an allergic reaction I see described in other reviews on this site. It has a pleasing tingle when applied, and does seem to improve lips slightly over time.

on 1/12/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I used to love this. This tingly feeling and everything. But this basically ruins my lips every time I use it! Instead of hydrating, it makes my lips crack even more! I prefer eos and I'm definietly going back.

on 11/3/2014 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This Baby Lips completely tore my lips up! I bought it a few months ago before a camping trip thinking that the SPF 20 would be good and since it is clear that both me and my 6 year old daughter could wear it. After using it one day, I probably applied 3 times, my lips were red, swollen, and peeling. I have used lip products in the past with peppermint and never had an adverse reaction, I have also used plenty of products with SPF and haven't had any issues before. I'm not sure what ingredient in Baby Lips irritated my lips so badly but it took days before they healed. I'm glad I didn't let my daughter use it! This was the 3rd Baby Lips balm I have bought and while the other 2 didn't impress me they also didn't cause any damage. The packaging is ok, a little juvenile in my opinion (no offense to anyone who likes it!). And the cap didn't feel very secure, like it could pop off in my purse easily. I've ended up throwing away all 3 Baby Lips I've purchased and I have no intentions of buying more.

on 8/14/2014 12:19:00 PM

Cute lipbalm. I love the package. And it smells really fresh, too. It does moisturize my lips well, but it's not for a long time. I didn't really expect that actually, because nowadays it's one thing you read that the product claims to do, and it's different in reality. ( 8 hours, did anybody actually believe that, really?! ) However, I like it. It's not much different from all other lipbalms, but it's nice. It's worth trying. + it has 20 spf, which is a plus. This would be a good lipbalm to put before applying lipstick.

on 7/22/2014 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I so love this ! it makes my lips feel so smooth and it gives that extra gloss sometimes u need after a dry lipstick, it compares to the lip balm from mac but for half the price :)

Very Happy to this Product,it keeps my lips hyrdate and natural!
I will try some flavors ;)

on 3/3/2014 11:53:00 AM

About a year back, I watched a Youtuber (macbarbie07) wax poetic about the Baby Lips line.
Eager to try a good lip balm, I ran out to get one, only to find that the version they sold in Singapore was totally different, and not impressive.
During my trip to the USA, I grabbed my chance to try this!
I was very very impressed. It moisturizes amazingly and doesn't feel sticky or greasy.
The SPF factor is a plus! I also greatly enjoyed the peppermint scent.
Now, if only they brought this in and stopped selling the other version here...

on 2/15/2014 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I personally would not use this product again. Many people have found it useful, but maybe it doesn't work because of my race maybe?
Pros:
It comes in a cute package with pretty letters.
It smells really great because I'm a fan of mint.
If you apply a lot, it'll leave your lips soft in a couple of minutes.
Cons:
It's really greasy.
The top/lid comes off too easily.
It wears down easily
You have to apply it over and over for it to work.
It's a bit costly considering that I don't have a job, but if you have a job it's no big deal.