July 23, 2014 | 2082 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Ramatuelle Trio

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't buy it again because I can't imagine using it all up quickly, and because there are just so many colours out there that something else will come out that I'll fall in love with.

I do however, adore this as a summer/work palette - I love simple and shimmery colours, I always make a mess with dark colours and I can use this and it looks pretty with minimal effort. I love the icy peach shade the best. This palette makes me look really awake, the other thing I love about it is that the orange shade is really something I wouldn't normally buy, in fact it's what turned me off this palette the most but now that I've used it I am kinda really loving it!

Unusual and easy wear palette - very nice! I haven't seen these colours anywhere else in this kind of palette. Unique and very pretty, will be wearing this next summer too!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by mamma30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do like this trio but I dont love it . I think the colours are very pretty , soft and flattering on . They blend easily and a nd are subtle . As soon as I bought this and applied I knew this would be a work compact - I.e nice but not wow .

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by SCHAVDA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This trio has a really lovely combination of eyeshadow colours. I used it how Francois Nars did for the summer campaign - mixing the cool silver and icy peach colour together for the lid and the matte peach colour for the crease. On the lower lash line, I used the sliver colour and the result was really unusual but beautiful. I think this is something that would look great on a number of skin tones and would work really well in the daytime. The only problem I have is that the pigmentation could have been slightly better and hence I haven't given it 5 stars but otherwise I love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Caramellane

So apparently there is a color of the year chosen by Pantone (Not sure who or what Pantone is). The color chosen this year is Tangerine and sooo many cosmetic companies are utilizing this color in their eyeshadow palettes. Nars is one of them, and personally I feel their use of tangerine in this trio is poorly executed. Orange is a bold shade for eyes, but it works if paired with the right shades. My problem with the quad is color coordination, the silver and pale peach are just too pale and work more for the inner corner of the eye more than as an actual lid shade. The contrast between cool and warm (silver and muted orange) work well together but then I find the pale peach to be a dud, it's lighter than my skintone which is NC15. The overall effect looks like silver eyeshadow with coral blush in the crease. The trio would have worked better if the pale peach was replaced by a deeper shade, perhaps a deep taupey purple, deep muted blue or even a dark brown, those shades would work much better as a crease shade. At least the options would provide a better contrast. Aside from color coordination issues, pigmentation was ok, not the best Nars has put out since it's a bit sheer. Texture is average. Price is a bit steep for the quality. Needless to say, I've returned the trio and may consider trying the Guerlain quad which also includes an orange shade, or I might just try Chanel's eclosion quad which contains a peachy orange coral shade.