Too Faced Better than False Lashes

2.8

on 5/15/2015 4:32:00 AM

I picked this up at Nordies Rack as it was ridiculously cheap. I skimmed through the reviews while in line-I should have listened to the warnings. This product has taken half of my lashes, they are so thin and short. I tried it 2x and found it to be a lash ripper both times.

Don't waster your money.

on 2/23/2015 8:01:00 PM

I was so excited to try this product not realizing it came with another tube (this one with white fibers)... I decided to try it anyway because well why not!? I love Better than Sex Mascara.. This should better no? WELL... The mascara itself is actually really nice.. Those silly little white fibers.. I can do without! they should have just put the fibers inside the mascara if they wanted to create a fiber mascara product because once you apply another coat of mascara to top the white fibers they become black and still fall down on your face! -_- (Don't really get why they were made white). Once I noticed this I immediatly applied another coat of mascara to really seal those guys in. It worked better but I still found 1-2 later in the day but no more than that. Lashes look nice and not spidery but I already have long decently full lashes so the fibers really weren't something I needed.. I just really wanted the mascara because I liked the wand loI.. I think I'll try the mascara on its own one more time to see if it's worth keeping or returning the whole thing back to Sephora and sticking to BTS... 3 lippes because half the product was good. (the mascara :) )

on 2/16/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Worst mascara ever!!! Lashe's keep sticking together every time i blinked. I couldn't even drive had to pull over and add a coat of bobby brown on too just to make them stop sticking together.. Besides that it made them look a bit longer but not thick at all:( Would not spend any $$$ on this Again! In fack i'm taking this back today!! I tried it about 5 times and same issue every time.

on 2/14/2015 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product is something I'm very conflicted on. I love the end result it gives, but I have a very specific way of applying it (which I shall share) and it takes forever. The mascara itself is not great but provides a great sticky base for the fibers. It doesn't provide a lot of length or volume or anything but that's not the point because the mascara isn't really the main event here. The main problem I have with the mascara is that it is so sticky that every time I blink, my eye sticks together and I look like a crazy person. But I found a way to remedy that, which I shall share in a bit. The fibers are why the set is worth it. It adds so much length and volume that it truly makes your lashes incredible. The problem with this, though is that it doesn't work with mascara other than the one included.

Now onto how I make this work... I was so frustrated with the mascara being unbearably sticky and the fibers not working with any other mascara that despite getting amazing eyelashes, I put it away for a while. But then I came back to it after getting an idea... what if I added another mascara to the mix? Here's how I do it...

1. Start with either a coat of too faced mascara and immediately follow with fibers or start with a coat of regular mascara, let it dry, then add too faced mascara and add fibers.
2. Alternate too faced mascara and fibers until you get the look you desire.
3. Add a coat of too faced mascara and let it dry.
4. On top of everything, add a coat or two of regular mascara and let it dry.
5. This is important! Get rid of any too faced mascara that may have migrated onto the bottom lashes and do them in regular mascara.

It's a long and elaborate process but you know what? It's worth it because it gives you insane lashes and eliminates the sticky aspect that is probably the biggest problem with this mascara. I would repurchase because I like the way my lashes look with this system, but if I find a better one I would switch over.

on 1/30/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this product, even though I have to agree with some "negative" reviews regarding the sticky eye lashes. My main concern with this product is that it's hard to remove with regular eye makeup remover, it requires extra soaking and some rubbing to make sure that you have removed all of it et the end of the day. But overall this mascara is great, it gives me the look of almost false lashes, which I like. I love this product and would repurchase again. Proof is in the pictures.

THIS IS AMAZING. SO WORTH THE EXTRA TIME SPENT TO ACHIEVE LONG LASHES.

I got it from Costco for $15. At the time I figured, "What could I lose? It's cheap enough." I'm disappointed that the full price is twice as much but I don't think that will stop me from repurchasing the product. I only wish this product lasted for longer than a month.

I was not impressed with it the first day I wore it, which was on my birthday a few weeks ago. I felt like my lashes kept sticking together and I was skeptical that my lashes looked any longer.

Cut to when I started editing the photos my family and I took on my birthday and WOAH my lashes look so long and flirty in every single picture.

I already have long eyelashes but most mascaras tend to weigh them down after a few hours and I lose that 'wide eyed' effect that I love so much. For some reason, this mascara doesn't weigh down my lashes at all.

You DO have to get used to the stickiness of the lashes. What I mean by that is if you blink your eyes really hard, your lashes will stick together a bit and it will be hard to open your eyes. That's a minor problem though, really. I sometimes swipe a different mascara on my bottom lashes to prevent them from sticking so much to my top lashes.

Another thing you will need to get used to is taking off the mascara. It's an extra step to my nightly routine now because just wiping makeup remover over my lashes doesn't cut it and you end up waking up the next morning with clumpy eyelashes. I have to wet my fingers with water, then wet my lashes quite a bit, then I need to scrape/pull them off gently with either my fingertips or my nails. I find it works a lot easier if I just pinch my thumbnails against my fingertips to really get all the fibers off. It's shocking at first how much product comes off. I know the idea of pulling at your eyelashes might make you think you'll be pulling off your actual lashes -- but that's not the case. I wore Mac mascara for a month and trying to take THAT product off ripped out a ton of my eyelashes every night. This fiber mascara is very gentle and it has allowed me to wear mascara and grow back the eyelashes that I lost.

I love it! I hate wearing fake eyelashes, eyelash extensions are too expensive, and I regularly wear contact lenses and this product gives me everything I want.

on 1/22/2015 3:59:00 PM

DO NOT spend your money on this product!!! The product didnt dry and felt heavy and sticky. Every time I would blink my lashes would stick together. It was the worse mascara I have ever tried and at $35.00 a tube it was such a total disappointment. The worse part is I contact the company they do not stand behind there product and the customer service is generic. I got a response of how to apply the mascara. REALLY!!! I will not support a company that doesn't support it self!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It can be sticky but if u want something to make your lashes pop this is definitely the product for U!!!!

on 1/18/2015 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product was very sticky.

on 1/2/2015 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The Sephora showroom at Hawaii gave us a free makeover and introduced this product to my daughter on her 16th Birthday. She simply loves this product. She has a volume of natural lashes and she uses this product to accentuate her eyes. The way she applies is first she puts a black coat (mildly sticky) just covering the eye lashes then she puts the White fibres as much needed and then another black coat covering the White. She then uses the wand in a side way motion to separate the lashes. The product dried easily.

She has been wearing this for Past two years and had no side effects excepting those charming eyes. This product has increased in popularity here in Britain. There was only one online shop we found offering this product, today Boots a major health shop is also offering this for 32/-. Only wish it was not as expensive for all young girls to use and look pretty.