October 25, 2014 | 1628 users online

Mascara - Too Faced - Better than False Lashes

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by alh441

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a fan at all. Was looking for a product comparable to Younique's Moonstruck system, and this did NOT do it for me. The base coat was nothing spectacular. The fibers (which were disappointingly white rather than black) irritated my eyes & fell off throughout the day. Worse, even though I did not use on bottom lashes, they began to stick to my top lashes after half an hour of wear. I found it to be too sticky and difficult to remove. Expected more for the price. Was really unimpressed with the initial aesthetic results as well--I have better results with Mac Haute & Naughty mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by JEXXICA19

I do like this for the most part. Quick application is necessary. It makes my lashes long (top only), but makes them a little stringy at the same time. I also don't like the fact that the fibers are white, black would definitely be the better option. And sometimes, my lashes look at little to fiber like. A comparable product would have to be Younique, same price, equal results, BLACK fibers, and I honestly like the top coat better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by judysmath

This is now my holy grail mascara/lash product. I have average length, light colored lashes. I was a little alarmed when I first tried it because when applying the fibers it looked like I had cotton ball lint on my lashes, but when I applied the mascara on top, there were no clumps. My lashes look long and not clumpy and very natural looking. I do one eye at a time. I don't find it to be wet like some other reviewers said. I usually apply around 3 coats of regular mascara to get big lashes but they always look clumpy. I only used one coat of the mascara, the fibers, and one coat of mascara on top and it was enough and took less time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a Sephora favorites box, I wouldn't consider buying this myself.

The concept is pretty easy to grasp, you lay down a base, apply the fibers, and apply more black mascara over to hide the white fibers. I've found any black mascara works.

It does work and makes really long lashes, but I've found it to flake a lot easier and sometimes fibers fall on my cheek. Also, its quite irritating to my eyes and I find I have to wash it off asap. I have watery eyes, so I'd definitely not reccomend to anyone that also does.

All in all, if you're going to go through the effort of using this you're better off just buying real falsies. Surprisingly, real falsies are more comfortable than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by ritzz218

Honestly with this mascara, less really is more. I've heard awesome things AND horrible things as well. It all really depends on how you apply the mascara, I've done it to where my lashes look amazing and sometimes when I'm in a rush they look hideous. It is sticky and wet, BUT if you leave them alone, by the time you finish the rest of your make up, they've dried and look amazing. You don't want to apply too much of the mascara or the nylon fibers because that's when they start to look clumpy and gross. You just want to apply a light base coat, lightly add the fibers and again lightly add the top coat, that way they're not too sticky and wet, dry quick, and still look good. Over all I love this product, it made my lashes nice and full and I'd definitely recommend to this who KNOW how to do their make up

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by simplieelegant

I was excited when I ordered this mascara but i was disappointed within minutes. I do not like this mascara and I really regret buying even after I watched all those reviews. First of all to me the application is really messy since the black mascara is really wet. I love that it gave me length but mascara fibers were way too flimsy. If i scratch near my eye and accidentally touch my eyelashes my eyelashes will like move like if i push my lashes to the left the lashes will move and stay on the left and it would be a pain to try to fix it. I don't like how wet it is.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by lucielalaland

By far the worst mascara I've ever used. And I've tried a lot of mascaras. It is super sticky. All day it stayed sticky and made my top lashes stick to my bottom lashes when I blinked. Taking it off was a nightmare. Had to rub it with makeup remover and it pulled out my lashes and came off in messy sticky clumps. I immediately threw this out!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by lisamarie11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It really does make you look like you have false lashes on. It makes your lashes thicker and fuller. I have gotten ask many times if i have falsies on. However it does not last all day., By the end of the night my lashes weren't as full and thick as they were when i first applied and my lashes became dry. I did try to add more coats after i saw that they weren't as full and i could not apply because my lashes were to flaky. I paid $35 for this mascara system. Which for me is a bit too pricey so I will not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by LyricNicole1125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't understand why this has an average 2.7 rating.
This is my favorite mascara!
Not only does it make your lashes look longer, it makes them look thicker too!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Too Faced is a cruelty free brand so they will always win me over! I have sparse thin uncurlable asian lashes and this mascara helps to lengthen them but it does not help volumize them. You must learn how to use this correctly and once you do you'll love it. I only do one eye at a time: curl lashes, apply one coat of the black base, apply nylon fibers only to the tips of lashes, and immediately one coat of the black mascara. As other reviewers say it is sticky but you can't touch or move your lashes during the sticky phase. Let them dry, place a light coat of regular mascara on top and let dry again. Then I go in and lightly curl my lashes again. They make your lashes look NATURALLY long which I prefer so people aren't asking me if I have extensions or fake lashes on. I don't think the fibers work with regular mascara so you have to use the activating mascara. The only con to this for me is the expensive price.