August 27, 2014 | 1835 users online

Loose Powders - Catrice - Prime & Fine Translucent Loose Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Tiaju

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I struggled with oiliness and shine in the end of the day, or simply caused by using high SPF protection. I was used to top my makeup with pressed powder but was increasingly dissatisfied with the results. My skin has improved a lot in the past year (texture, softness, glow) due to my new routine, and the pressed powders only made it look worse, messy and cakey. Still, I needed something to keep shine away.
Catrice loose powder is the cheapest I have found, but I am extremely happy with the results. I now use more cream and liquid makeup and finish it off this the loose powder, knowing it won't affect the appearance and color. I am shine free AAALLL day, even in the summer!
Since it is so cheap, I don't mind dipping my brush freely and shacking off the excess.
I will repurchase and I can't think of a reason to try another (more expensive) brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and of all the many powders I have ever tried, this is the one that works. It does exactly what I want a powder to do: mattify, give a nice final finish to my skin, keep foundation in place, and not change the makeup underneath. Because my skin is very oily, I do still have to blot periodically throughout the day. But we can't expect miracles here. I prefer this powder to any other I've purchased and have now repurchased multiple times.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by lucialavender

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It does just what it is supposed to do: it mattifies the skin, keeps the liquid foundation in place and it is translucent, so it doesn't make me look all floury after putting it on! And the price is the best part of it, bought it at the drugstore for less than 5$!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't get over how amazing this is for the price! I bought it in the supermarket on a whim, and I've never looked back! I like to press a lot of it on with a kabuki brush and then dust off the excess with a powder brush and it ends up looking perfect. I also LOVE that there's no pigment in it as I've found it near impossible to find a decent powder that matches my foundation and skin-tone. I also love how fine it is, it never looks cakey and doesn't emphasize any dry patches like my MAC powder does. And it lasts all day! Powder perfection!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by lilslondon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this powder alot it does what its supposed 2 do n holds ur make up in place all day but i just wish that it would have come with a powder buff or something holding the powder in the container properly. i also think that to be honest baby powder can be exactly what this does... but for anyone looking for something a bit more professional i definatley like this

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by MikaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

it's perfect for oily and combination skin!
You only need to apply it very very lightly and it will fixate and mattifie foundation for 6-8 h without looking cakey (even if you reapply it during a day).
Looks a bit scary when you open it because it's snowwhite:) but it's completly translucent.
only con is packaging- good quality but if you take off protecting sticker completely you'll end up messy

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by yaiza123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Great product. In my opinion this is an exact dupe for mac prep and prime loose powder, but only better and cheaper. I dont use this every day, but when i do my make up lasts almost all day. It control's shine and makes your skin looking mat. Its very cheap i think around 4 euro's and it contains 11 grams of product which is massive. Its a bit messy to apply sometimes, but Thats always the case with loose powders. All and all great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by marisolantela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This isn't only just a good product - it is the star of my beauty routine and one of the gestures I cherish the most in order to keep myself looking impeccable.
It's a very fine translucent powder, simultaneously efficient and versatile: it can be used on every skin tone and over every kind of make up and always works on controlling the excess shine and keeping the complexion smooth and velvety. You only need to apply it with a large brush after your usual foundation and blush (with quick brush strokes, over the whole face) and you'll immediately notice an improvement on the results. The packaging is very classy as well: a medium jar with a black cap and a functional perforated dispenser, which releases just the right amount of powder on the brush in every use.
Thus, in my particular case, it has become crucial: my complexion is so oily that I know for a fact that if I skip this step even the more elaborate make up would end up looking a mess after just a few hours - sebum doesn't give me a break, not even in the coldest weather. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it works well in other skin types, as it doesn't feel too drying.
It might look like I'm exaggerating and complimenting for free, but I assure you there are not enough adjectives to classify such an amazing quality - all these advantages costed me only 5.49! Besides from everything I already got, the only thing I can ask Catrice for is to never discontinue this powder. I plan to keep buying it for many years to come!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No