August 21, 2014 | 1580 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by nysq2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this hoping it would moisturize and add a bit of color to my pale skin. The SPF was an added bonus.

It does not moisturize. It dried my skin, making it feel thin and parched, like I imagine the skin of a woman 70+ would typically feel.

It also did not add any bit of color to my face whatsoever. In fact, it made it appear even paler, with less warmth, almost like I was dead and the warmness had drained from my face.

As an added drawback, it migrated on my face over the course of the day, settling into ugly smear marks. When I tried to smooth it, it came off in my hands like your skin comes off after a shower if it's been a few days.

This stuff is awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Susiejv

I usually come on here just to look up products but I thought this deserved my first own review just because I see so many negative thoughts on this product. I've tried a few bb creams and tinted moisturizers. This is by far my fav! It really does give you a glow. I use it as an everyday look with some concealer, especially when I don't feel like wearing foundation. It gives me a nice dewy finish. I'm an nc42 in Mac and u bought this in light to medium. I just love it. !!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by OCWannabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This irritated my skin. I did like the glow it provided, it the light amount of coverage. But It gave this slight burning sensation and I think contributed to me getting some breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by localfizz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would've liked it as a tinted moisturizer, but for some reason it broke me out, and made my skin itchy. I noticed it has littlel flecksof glitter/shimmer, barely noticeable but that might be what did it. Take not for anyone with sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by supersquirrelette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product because of the glowing review that it got on Paula's Choice. This contains antioxidants and broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, as well as having a sheer tint, which is what I wanted.
The clear packaging leads to the degradation of these compounds, so it must be stored in the dark, but at least it is not in a jar, to explain the three lippies.
This is far too dark for fair skin, even in the "ivory to fair" shade, which really should just be called light. This made a very obvious dm line on my face unless I blended it all the way down my neck and into my shirt. I am VERY fair though, and if your skin is NC/W15 or above you might be okay with this.
Other than that, this was not moisturizing, and the formula was highly irritating. My skin is pretty sensitive, but this would itch and burn when I put it on(I only wore it a few times before running to clinique practically in tears to get a different sunscreen so I could take it off), and would leave my face not only too dark, but also very pink, since the coverage is too sheer to cover any redness.
I have since stopped using this(for the past 2 days) and have given up for the time on finding a tinted moisturizer that is light enough for me. My skin is now very dried out and has patches of flaky rosacea that are starting to heal.
Supposedly Stila TM and Too Faced BB are very light, and similarly boast antioxidants and broad spectrum UV coverage, although I have not tried either of those.
Overall, this product was absolutely horrible for my skin, and really damaged it, apart from just looking terrible, so no, I would not purchase it again. It probably would work well for someone less pale and sensitive, which is why I gave it 2 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used Ivory to Fair, shade 10, which was a really good colour match for my fair skin. That, the spf 30, and the light-weight easy squeeze tube are about the only things going for it. Actual performance is terrible. It settles in pores and emphasizes dryness without adding any moisture. You basically need a primer under it, which sort of defeats its purpose as a one-step spf, moisturiser, tint. I don't mind putting primer over my moisturiser and under my foundation. However, I don't want to put primer on before moisturiser. Without a primer it's going to settle in every pore and line. Even with a primer it kind of slides around on top and doesn't sink in. Lose-lose. Anyway, gave it several tries, but it's so terrible most of the tube is going in the bin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by puffadori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cons: Skin had some kind of allergic reaction to it- stung all over. Huge breakouts. Stuff is very greasy, coverage terrible, settled in pores. Shade wasn't right- minimal selection.

Pros: None that I can think of- really.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by cutiekolta14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pro's: doesn't feel like your wearing any makeup, very light, SPF 30. covers redness, squeezy tube/packaging

Con's: leaves me looking oily (even though i set it with powder), comes off completely by the end of the day, light coverage, horrible shade selection

Personally, I really hate this crap. I recommend it to someone who has dry skin and generally good skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This product interested me because I wanted a tinted moisturizer that had antioxidants and sun protection. This did both but that is where the compliments stop.
This is thick and hard to blend even though the coverage is very minimal. It also tends to crease. Any defects like large pores or dry areas will be emphasized because this has so much shine to it. You can literally see the sparkles in this.

Maybe with someone with dry skin and NO pores this would work but not for m.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Curlycase

I thought this stuff was awesome right after I put it on. It gave me a radiant look and wasn't too heavy. Then a few hours later I noticed a few bumps on my face...the next day I had 5 massive zits and looked like a hormonal teenager! I don't think ANYTHING has ever made me breakout like this product. Worse than just a waste of money