July 22, 2014 | 2273 users online

Shampoo - Aveda - Invati Exfoliating Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by whitingba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I could go back in time and take back my decision to buy the Invati system. I will be discontinuing use of this product immediately and go back to my trustworthy product, Nioxin. I switched because I liked the idea of using something more natural with less chemicals, but this just is not the product for me.
My hair is naturally think, but thinning. I do not have fine hair, but I feel like I do with these products. The conditioner is supposed to be thickening, but after I styled my hair it looked less thick and full. They claim this is exfoliating, I did not realize that meant my scalp would flake. My scalp is itchy now and flaking. My hair is dull and lacks shine. The price for the size of product is ridiculous. Another expensive product for the trash can. I wish I had read the reviews before trying.
The only thing I can say I did like was the smell. I like Aveda's products normally as they smell nice and earthy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by SilverLilyGirl

Ok, so with fine, short and slightly thinning hair - and my wedding approaching, I thought I'd give the Invati system a go - this is a review for the shampoo element, although you should note that I am using the whole system (Shampoo, Conditioner, Scalp Revitaliser).

So I wash my hair on a daily basis, and prior to starting with the invati system, I tended to use standard drug store shampoo only (L'Oreal for Men in the silver bottle), no conditioner!

However, in my opinion the Invati shampoo is quite drying and therefore needs a conditioner, so I've used the matching one, and together they work well and don't weigh down my short fine locks. But for girls with longer or drier hair, I think you'll be needing to at least do a deep conditioning treatment once a week or so.

Price: Expensive - ÂĢ20.50 / $27 - this is expensive, although as I only need a small amount the small 200ml/6.7fl oz bottle is lasting quite well - for UK based ladies, John Lewis often "price matches a competitor", and offers 10% off - its worth looking out for that IMO.

Texture - thick ish, easy to work through the hair, and rinses out relatively easily - you also don't need a lot, which is a good thing, given the price.
Colour - a slightly disturbing mustard yellow, however as I have dark brown hair, that isn't dyed or chemically treated this isn't a problem, it might be though, if you have light coloured or highlighted hair.
Smell wise - it's OK - a bit curry/medicinal, not as lovely as I would expect from a high end shampoo like this - my L'Oreal for men smelt a lot better!

Overall, having used the Invati system for a month, I have noticed that my hair looks and feels fuller, so I'm continuing for the full 12 weeks recommended on this programme.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by knelson4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Have been using Invati since I first saw it at Aveda stores. It is drying, as are most exfoliating shampoos (lots of dandruff). Invati shampoo doesn't dry my hair out as much as Nioxin and within a few days of beginning to use it my hair loss slowed significantly.
Have recommended it to friends who said it did nothing for them. Don't know what determines if it will be successful or not, but I swear by it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by KatKalamity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised at the mixed reviews this product has received. I am a hairdresser to trade and my salon has for the past 5 years carried matrix products. I was in love with the biolage volumising range and thought I would never use another shampoo. When I heard the salon was switching to aveda I was sceptical, seemed expensive to me. When the first stock arrived I myself put it on the shelf. And I asked my colleague to shampoo my hair using the invati, just to see what all the fuss a was about. I have naturally very fine thin hair, it is particularly thin on the top of my head and it is also very colored! He washed my hair and I blasted it dry. The smell was amazing, even after it was dried with volumising product it smelt beautiful. I had a lovely shine on my hair and it felt much thicker! Even the ends seemed thicker. I love it and bought the shampoo and conditioner straight away. I suspect that people who are having problems with it have been prescribed the wrong shampoo for their hair. I love invati!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by 2002beauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the whole line for 3 months now. I use damage remedy daily leave in as well because they told me at the store that you need this as well to help with the dryness that comes from the shampoo!! I have noticed that I have almost no split ends and I think that's due to the damage remedy or it might be because of the invati, however the rest of my hair is dry and frizzy and tangled even after using the invati conditioner. It makes you think you have thicker hair because your hair gets really tangled and hard to brush! The smell is ok but a little strong and it does linger. I use the scalp treatment as well and that I think acts more like a styling aid than help with hair loss. Overall, this line is marketed for hair loss and it does absolutely nothing for that. I have mixed feelings about it. I think for a night out if you want your hair to look full this helps, but for everyday use I feel like it dries my hair. I am using rogaine now to see if that would help with my hair loss.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by JennaferSmall

Love it. I have long curly hair and very sensitive scalp. It leaves my scalp nice, clean and tingly, and my curls big, light, bouncy and shiny without making it wispy and unruly. Surprised it's had so many bad reviews, perhaps it works best with curly hair?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by aimela

This dried out my dry hair, but my oily scalp felt ok on wash hair every-other-day regime.. But my hair overall was dry, a bit straw like. The shampoo itself was watery, though it did have good lather. And of course, the heavenly Aveda scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo makes my hair soft and healthy looking. I don't know if it helps with hair loss, but it does make your hair look pretty. There is no particular smell, and it is very concentrated, so it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by shells2grlz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this shampoo for about three weeks. The more I use it the better my hair gets. I was using a high priced cleansing conditioner for about two years before trying invati. No complaints about my previous hair care except for the price. Anyway, I went to a new salon, it is an AVEDA concept salon and my stylist recommended invati. I got the regular size shampoo and conditioner. I already use a scalp treatment so I didn't buy the invati treatment. Let me tell you my hair is growing super fast since I started using this line. I have very fine/thin hair and the invati is perfect for my hair. It looks fuller and healthier the more I use it. Very happy with this shampoo. I just ordered the liter sizes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I donīt really understand how this can be called an exfoliating shampoo, when it has trouble getting my hair even clean. It doesnīt lather much, but this is how many natural shampoos behave and I could get used to it if the product would do its job properly. I had to shampoo sometimes 3times to get clean hair, or of course wash my hair every evening so it doesnīt get much dirty in the first place. I donīt see the point, especially not if the shampoo is so expensive.