November 28, 2014 | 1412 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Invati Thickening Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This conditioner was not nearly conditioning enough. It left my hair a frizzy, crunchy, dried out mess. When used with the matching shampoo I ended up with a dry, tangled mess that was hard to comb out and left huge chunks of hair in my sink and comb. I have fine hair so I usually don't have a problem with combing my hair after washing but this was incredibly bad. I really wanted the whole system to work but it didn't.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by cat1018

Overpriced, left hair sticky.did nothing for volume in fact it flattened, woke up the next day with greasy hair.will not buy again. Also tried the shampoo no better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by SilverLilyGirl

Ok, so with fine, short and slightly thinning hair - and my wedding approaching, I thought I'd give the invati system a go - this is a review for the conditioner element, although you should note that I am using the whole system (Shampoo, Conditioner, Scalp Revitaliser).

So I wash my hair on a daily basis, and prior to starting with the invati system, I never needed to use a conditioner - in fact they weighed my hair down, making it limp and flat - not a great look!

However, in my opinion the Invati shampoo is quite drying and therefore needs a conditioner - this is ideal for me, not too thick / weighty on my short fine locks - but for girls with longer or drier hair, I think you'll be needing to at least do a deep conditioning treatment once a week or so.

Price: Expensive - ÂĢ22.50 / $27 - this is expensive, although as I only need a small amount the small 200ml/6.7fl oz tube is lasting quite well - for UK based ladies, John Lewis often "price matches a competitor", and offers 10% off - its worth looking out for that IMO.

Texture - thick ish, easy to work through the hair, and rinses out relatively easily.
Colour - a slightly disturbing mustard yellow, however as I have dark brown hair, that isn't dyed or chemically treated this isn't a problem. It might be though, if you have light coloured or highlighted hair.
Smell wise - it's ok - a bit curry/medicinal (although it fades very quickly), not as lovely as I would expect from a high end system like this.

Overall, having used the Invati system for a month, I have noticed that my hair looks and feels fuller, so I'm continuing for the full 12 weeks recommended on this programme.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by aimela

This did nothing. It barely detangled my hair. In combination with the shampoo, it will just leave a big dent in your wallet. I was hoping it will add a bit of moisture to conteract the dryness caused by the shampoo, but no go.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by shells2grlz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This conditioner does what it says. My hair gets better every time I use it. Just enough moisture for my fine hair and it gives me nice volume.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Laski

The one remarkable thing about this product is, how little I actually needed to detangle and condition. Otherwise: I found it to be an average, light conditioner. On some cold days, even a bit too light for me, as my hair had a lot of static. I didnīt notice any other negative side-effects though, like some other reviewers apparently did. I wasnīt impressed, so I wonīt buy again, as it is, like everything by Aveda, quite expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm in the minority here - I love this stuff! I got a sample several months back, and just got around to using it (you know the drill, you finally get around to cleaning out under the bathroom sink and find all sorts of things!) I tried it "straight up" - both the 'poo and 'dish - and WOW. I almost didn't need styling product. My hair was so full (I have fine hair but lots of it). It was pretty soft and I love the scent. The next time I washed (I've become an every-other-day girl) I used two pumps of my DermOrganic (my HG) 'poo and about a teaspoon of Invati 'poo. Same with the conditioner. GREAT combination for me. I get the body and control of the Invati and the moisture and overall goodness from the DermOrganic. It is quite expensive (even for Aveda, and I've used a lot over the years!) but combing it with other products will make it last.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by museumgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

BEWARE of the Invati Scalp Revitalizer

I began using this product (on its own) two weeks ago to help with my fine, thin blonde/brown highlighted hair. I had high hopes given the advertising and naturally-derived ingredients. I have been using other Aveda products for years.

Sadly, my hair began falling out, in clumps, several days ago. Parts have broken off about 1/2 inch from the root. It looks like it has been burned or singed. The rest of my hair has become dry, brittle, and damaged. Worse yet, it is painful. My scalp feels like it is burned.

Please be cautious about trying this product.

Aveda was unhelpful and uncompassionate. They simply claimed that no one has reported a similar experience.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Hmm,where to begin.My stylist used this on my hair after my color & she had left this on a bit.My hair has always been straight & thin.When I returned home,ready to style my own hair.My hair seemed almost too thick & tangly to manage.It was a mess! I had to re-wash my hair & use my own hair products,thank-goodness my hair was back to normal.I love Aveda hair color,but the Aveda products (formulation) don't seem to go with my type of hair for some reason?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by rallu

I've used this with the matching shampoo which is very drying and had to use a lot of conditioner to be able to detangle my hair. The tube didn't last long, didn't thicken my hair at all, in fact made it quite flat, didn't like the fragrance because it's herbal strong and lingers and didn't do anything for my hair loss. Won't buy it again...