November 24, 2014 | 909 users online

Hair Treatments - Davines - Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells horrible.. and I am not a scent-sensitive person. I don't care if it gave me model hair, I cant handle the old lady, thick, musky smell. My husband said my hair smelled like an old lady's potpourri on the back of the toilet :/ What were they thinking?? I got this in a birchbox kit and tried it twice. It didn't work any better than my Moroccan oil, and I prefer the non stink of Moroccan oil a million times over. This is going in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I totally love this stuff. I just recently got a hair cut my amazing stylist applied this. My hair was soooo incredibly soft. I have thick coarse hair and this helped keep it shiny and soft without weighing it down. I'm exited to try their other products as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by pianoBUTTER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

my hair is not chemically treated and i let it air dry every time. i use 2-3 pumps as my hair is thick, dry, frizzy & coarse. i have really dry ends so i need to apply constantly (on the ends) and comb through.. otherwise they'd get tangled again and again.

the only problem I have with this product is that it smells like cooking oil :/

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by megyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG hair oil!! I have the cursed combo of a full, thick head of fine hair, which has been processed to hell and back with bleach over the years. My stylist recommended Davines Oi Oil to bring my hair back to life, and it's working like a dream. I apply two pumps to the ends of my towel-dryed hair, and work it through about halfway up the shaft (never touching the roots). I then twist my hair into sections, clip, keep clipped for about an hour, and then let it down and air dry. The Oi Oil defines the waves in my hair without getting crunchy, frizzy or weighed down. Paired with the Oi Shampoo, my hair has never been softer. Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This product is literally worth its weight in gold. I cannot tell you how obsessed I am with this divine hair oil. I was looking for a hair oil, and since I am not actually a fan of Moroccanoil's scent (or the product itself, for that matter), it was a toss up between this and the Kerastase Elixir Ultime. Something told me to get this, and boy, am I glad that I did. First and foremost, the scent of this is absolutely magical. I wish they would make this in a candle, a room freshener, a perfume, because I would wear it all the time. I have even rubbed some of this oil on my wrists before I go to bed to soothe me. I can't get enough of it. And the fact that it stays scented in your hair all day is a total bonus for me. This also makes my hair very silky and manageable post-wash, without ever making my hair look heavy or oily (I put this on damp hair prior to blow-drying).

I would definitely recommend this to anyone for beautifully soft, manageable, and wonderfully scented hair! It is without a doubt my hair oil HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much! I have long, straight hair that tends to get greasy and oily very quickly. For the longest time, I thought I could never apply anything to my hair to help with flyaways and frizz because it would just weigh my already heavy hair down. This oil is incredibly lightweight and doesn't add any weight to my hair whatsoever. I also think it smells absolutely AMAZING. I am addicted to the smell, I wish my body wash smelled like this.

What's great about this oil is that it not only tames your hair but it's good for it too! You can use it as a treatment by applying it when your hair is damp. Or you can use it when it's dry as an anti-frizz. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Madamina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. LOVE it. I'm very low-maintenance, and I hadn't actually owned a blowdryer for 15 years until recently. When I decided to get serious about having better hair, my stylist gave me a sample of this stuff. WOW. I have a lot of straight hair, and the oil not only detangles my hair but makes it noticeably quicker to dry. It only takes me three or four minutes. What I totally didn't expect was the way it soothes my scalp. I have very sensitive skin (most likely dermatitis), which gets itchy and irritated almost immediately after I wash it. Because of this, I could only go about two days between washes, or it would get unbelievably uncomfortable and oily. This happened with or without blowdrying. When I use the oil before I blowdry, though, I can go five or six days between washes, which helps me avoid overdrying my skin. (And, again, helps me stay low-maintenance :P) My hair is now growing out much more nicely than it ever has before. It's healthy and it looks good, and I feel good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by moonsta

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I too have purchased Oi from Davines. LOVE it!!! It was first used on my head of foiled (now bleached) course hair. It made it soft and shiny. So, I had to have it. I use one to two pumps on extremely short hair, when towel dried, and rub all over. If you tend towards an oilier scalp just don't apply it too close. Rub your hands together well and

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Polydroogie

Okay, so this IS the hair oil you would want to look for if you have damaged, dry hair. First, because its primary function is not to just style your hair, like most oils do, but to treat it. it treats your hair as well as styling it. I know that a lot of products say they do that but when you get results, it's not true. I think that along Sebastian's Potion 9 are the only products that do both.
I had really messed up hair and since I started using this it has became softer and a lot more manageable. The thing is that with my kind of hair, you need something to weight it down, otherwise you have a serious afro, and not the cute, 70s kind.
My mom used it as well because she liked the smell, but she doesn't have damaged hair, and also she has a tendency for oiliness, and the hair oil just enhanced that, so I wouldn't recommend it for people with normal to oily hair, just for people with serious damage or uncontrollable frizz.
The packaging is not great, like all Davines products, but they aren't great in order to be recyclable which is always a plus. Its paraben and sulphate free,
Just use two or three pumps in long hair BEFORE blow drying it. The heat activates the silicons and roucou oils in it, making the overall result even better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far, I think this works slightly better than Kerastase Elixir Ultime. It doesn't coat the hair as much, leaving a lighter feel. I also like that the pump for the bottle dispenses a smaller amount at a time. I often had to wipe away excess with the Elixir Ultime, else be stuck with greasy hair. I will say the scent is quite... potent. It reminds me of an Aveda type smell. Earthy and sweet. I'll give credit to the Kerastase for having a nicer, less obtrusive scent. But, overall, the Davines wins. It's a special product to apply it and to instantly look like you have better, healthier hair. EDIT - Bumping this to a 5. It's now my favorite hair oil. My hair is soft and hydrated looking and even when I apply more than I anticipated, it doesn't get greasy!