Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

Cyclopentasiloxane, Disiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate/Octinoxate, Partum/Fragrance, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Tocopherol

on 6/28/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, does wonders on dry ends, since i started using it i noticed that my split ends are not so visible anymore. It is a bit expensive but is worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Full disclosure, I have never tried a Davines product I was unhappy with, and I have tried...exactly five. This one is my favorite.

It is heavily scented. So if you are extremely asthmatic, have a persnickety nose, or like b*tching about perfume that other people wear, don't buy any Davines styling products. The ones I have all have a detectable, lasting fragrance. I happen to like wearing a few fragrant products because I know that no one can smell my dumb vegan skin perfume, and also I don't let anyone get very close to me. Issues.

I color my waist-length hair conservatively, and iron it about once a week, but even before, since I was very young, I had a lot of frizz to go with my waves. Over the years I have tried a fool's fortune of different products. What stands out with this one is that it does not weigh my hair down or make it dull and stringy, even the next day. You know how girls are always trying to get 'texture' in their hair? Yeah, I have a lot of it, and most products just make it look unwashed. SHINE, and an overall appearance of HEALTH, is what I do get from this product. I typically have to use a little bit more than recommended to really fight that first-day frizz. I like to use the OI milk when my hair is wet, then three pumps of this oil when it dries.

It won't turn you into an advertisement for smooth hair (sorry, but I know we are convinced that SOMETHING will) but if you have issues with dullness and would like to know what soft hair feels like, try it. The trial size of this will last you a MONTH.

on 12/24/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff isn't the best smelling but does a good job of sealing ends. Good hair products for frizzy hair.

on 12/19/2014 11:15:00 PM

I do not think that this can compare to the Beauty Protector Protect and Oil for fine haired ladies. I found this product did not control my hair or frizz and that the smell was a little weird. I used it on my hair and on my sister's, which is much thicker and wavier and on hers it seemed to work well. It made her hair soft and manageable and kept frizz to a minimum. I guess it works better with certain hair textures. I would not repurchase this product personally, but it may work best for those with thicker hair.

on 9/23/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff smells horrible.. and I am not a scent-sensitive person. I don't care if it gave me model hair, I cant handle the old lady, thick, musky smell. My husband said my hair smelled like an old lady's potpourri on the back of the toilet :/ What were they thinking?? I got this in a birchbox kit and tried it twice. It didn't work any better than my Moroccan oil, and I prefer the non stink of Moroccan oil a million times over. This is going in the trash.

on 4/2/2014 10:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I totally love this stuff. I just recently got a hair cut my amazing stylist applied this. My hair was soooo incredibly soft. I have thick coarse hair and this helped keep it shiny and soft without weighing it down. I'm exited to try their other products as well!

on 3/15/2014 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is not chemically treated and it is thick, frizzy & coarse. I apply 3-4 pumps before blowdrying and another 3-4 after. I have this in my handbag all the time and reapply on dry ends whenever I'm extra concerned, and fortunately this oil doesn't make your hair greasy no matter how many times you reapply... For my hair, at least.

The only problem I have is that it smells like cooking oil :/

on 12/19/2013 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG hair oil!! I have the cursed combo of a full, thick head of fine hair, which has been processed to hell and back with bleach over the years. My stylist recommended Davines Oi Oil to bring my hair back to life, and it's working like a dream. I apply two pumps to the ends of my towel-dryed hair, and work it through about halfway up the shaft (never touching the roots). I then twist my hair into sections, clip, keep clipped for about an hour, and then let it down and air dry. The Oi Oil defines the waves in my hair without getting crunchy, frizzy or weighed down. Paired with the Oi Shampoo, my hair has never been softer. Love!

on 10/2/2013 2:36:00 PM

This product is literally worth its weight in gold. I cannot tell you how obsessed I am with this divine hair oil. I was looking for a hair oil, and since I am not actually a fan of Moroccanoil's scent (or the product itself, for that matter), it was a toss up between this and the Kerastase Elixir Ultime. Something told me to get this, and boy, am I glad that I did. First and foremost, the scent of this is absolutely magical. I wish they would make this in a candle, a room freshener, a perfume, because I would wear it all the time. I have even rubbed some of this oil on my wrists before I go to bed to soothe me. I can't get enough of it. And the fact that it stays scented in your hair all day is a total bonus for me. This also makes my hair very silky and manageable post-wash, without ever making my hair look heavy or oily (I put this on damp hair prior to blow-drying).

I would definitely recommend this to anyone for beautifully soft, manageable, and wonderfully scented hair! It is without a doubt my hair oil HG!

on 5/18/2013 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I love this product so much! I have long, straight hair that tends to get greasy and oily very quickly. For the longest time, I thought I could never apply anything to my hair to help with flyaways and frizz because it would just weigh my already heavy hair down. This oil is incredibly lightweight and doesn't add any weight to my hair whatsoever. I also think it smells absolutely AMAZING. I am addicted to the smell, I wish my body wash smelled like this.

What's great about this oil is that it not only tames your hair but it's good for it too! You can use it as a treatment by applying it when your hair is damp. Or you can use it when it's dry as an anti-frizz. I love this stuff!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Davines Hair products review by starlitmakeupchick