October 31, 2014 | 1052 users online

Cleansers - H2O - Sea Pure Creamy Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did not have a great experience with this cleanser. I think it may have been contributing to breakouts and a rash on my cheeks. It leaves a film which made my skin feel comfortable as opposed to dry and tight. However i believe the film also caused my pores to clog, I can't say definitively that this cleanser caused the breakouts but the breakout was pretty severe and not a normal kind that I tend to get, it was more of a rash of tiny pimples covering my cheeks and forehead. Also my skin felt thicker like I had a layer of dead skin that I could not scrub off. That being said I would patch test this on your face first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by jessical5183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

WOW. I love this stuff. I think it has played a MASSIVE role in helping to clear up my acne, no kidding.

So, my "Mommy" - I say that endearingly because her Mommy love saved me with this product - found this stuff for me in the middle of the WORST acne episode I'd experienced in my life. I'd always had mild/moderate acne, and at some point in 2011 for whatever reason, it decided to cross over into the severe category. I wanted to die. It actually made me miss my milder acne, which I never thought I'd say. At any given point in time, I would have 20 active breakouts on my face and probably 30 new ones forming. I had it all over my cheeks, cheekbones, forehead, and chin. I would wash my face and spend 2 hours in the bathroom simultaneously dealing with eruptions and newcomers. Blood and puss everywhere. It was deep, throbbing, and PAINFUL. People.... I wanted to kill myself. If you live with this, you know where I'm coming from. I just about became a recluse. There was no covering it up. Everyone could tell. My face was just covered in bumps everywhere.

My mother bought this for me at Christmas from Ulta. It was on some sort of clearance sale. And I'm the first person to review it here. I can't understand why more people don't know about this amazing product....??

Mom was on my butt about using unnatural products and kept telling me I needed to get rid of the chemicals. I've said in previous posts that I'm not a member of the organic club, so I tended to ignore her. That's why she had to go out and buy the stuff for me herself. So I used it (free is more fun, right?) and wouldn't you know it, Mom was right.

My skin started clearing up immediately, like magic. If I could buy a bottle of this for every acne sufferer in the world and dole it out like candy, I would. My heart sank when I saw that there were no reviews of this yet. I thought, "Noooooo, no one knows about it! How do I get the word out??" I hope more people will try it. I can't vouch for the rest of the line, but this cleanser is awesome. I don't know why. Obviously, as you'll see from my regime listed below, I'm not using ALL organic products. I still use chemicals. But there's just something about this cleanser specifically that really agrees with my skin.

I use this with my Clarisonic. It is SO soothing and really provides a deep clean. My skin feels 100% completely emptied out of all gunk when I've used this, and it can really breathe. No squeakiness, no dryness, no stripping of oils... it gets you just to that point and doesn't mess it up. If you were to use too much, however, it may seem to do that... probably due to the citrus.

If you read Paula Begoun (Paula's Choice), you'll know she hates plant ingredients. Don't listen to her. I was weary of using this for that reason, but this cleanser is amazing. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. (Oh gosh, I hope no one uses this based on my glowing review and has a bad experience with it, because I'll feel responsible.)

I just hate - HATE - how expensive it is. And it's a pretty small bottle. And, I live in Canada. Luckily, I was able to find it on StrawberryNet with free shipping. Heck yeah! I'm on my 2nd bottle now and I plan to use it forever. Unless I find a miracle product that makes me look 16 again. ;-)

Notes:
1. Don't use it for makeup removal. Use something first to remove your makeup - I recommend Olay's Gentle Foaming Cleanser for Sensitive Skin. Then use this.
2. Make sure you use a nice calming toner after. My absolute favorite right now is Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner. *swoon* It's just perfection in a bottle. So soothing, so gentle, absolutely will not irritate your skin for any reason. I just love it.
3. Then I apply my benzoyl peroxide. My fave right now is Clearasil Daily Clear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream BP Plus.... this may only be available in Canada, I don't know....? The laws about BP vary between the US and Canada. It has 5% BP in it and I love it. It's so much better than the other BP treatments I've used so far.
4. Lastly, I apply my beloved Impruv Cream, made by Stiefel - the same folks who make PanOxyl, which I also love and use for my body acne when I shower.

I use this cleanser day and night, same routine, even under makeup. It hasn't failed me. My skin is now 90% clear. No joke, people.

I'll also note: at Christmastime, in conjunction with the H20 Sea Pure Cleanser, I started taking strong probiotics, zinc, and B-complex supplements daily. I would say the probiotics cleared up any intestinal issues I might've had that were causing my acne, and I worship them. If you don't know about them, read up. They'll save your life. And zinc is HUGE for acne. I may be on the way to perfect skin for the first time since I was 15 years old. :::knock on wood::: But supplements belong in a whole different post so I'll shut up now.