April 21, 2014 | 1028 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Aloe Fresh Protecting Body Lotion SPF 15

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by mlg85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This should have been perfect for me - a light soothing moisturiser with SPF 15 protection.

The positives are that it moisturises and protects the skin from moderate sun exposure.

The negatives are that it sits on the skin and becomes slippery if it's a warm or hot day. Like if you're sitting down and your thighs are touching it's not very pleasant at all! Also, the lotion tends to rub into strange bits on the skin as you're applying it. Lastly, I've found that if water splashes onto the moisturised skin, it runs down it and makes a noticeable light streaks. Even hours after applying.

I'd use it if I needed to do chores outside and didn't want to get burnt but I wouldn't wear it out of the house. Or maybe just not a good one to use in Summer.

I wouldn't buy it again mainly because of how it rubs into small bits on the skin when you're applying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Tiffiny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such a good value for me because I use it as a moisturizer before I put on my makeup. It keeps my skin soft and it protects my face from the sums harmful rays.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by fongyukyuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was at the store for a quick pick up & saw this bottle w/ SPF & the Allure seal on it, so I grabbed it for summer use. If you're looking for a super light (almost watery) summer lotion, then this is it. But I'll warn you: it really is super light--the consistency is not liquid, but while applying it, you'll feel the increased friction--it's like rubbing water on yourself after a while. Due to the lack of heavy moisturizers, your hands won't glide on your skin while applying this stuff like you're probably used to. The fragrance is very light + clean, which is always appreciated. This is the lightest lotion I've ever used; a bit too light for me. The downside is that it doesn't provide broad spectrum UVA + UVB protection; only UVB. Too bad I bought the biggest sized bottle b/c I figured all lotions are the same. I don't really have brand loyalty, so I decided to go for a surprise. My past Vaseline experiences have also been meh. Onto the next one!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by smw0304

The only thing I don't like about this product is that it doesn't do a great job moisturizing my skin. It sinks in quickly and smells good, but my skin doesn't stay moisturized all day and is just as dry after I have showered it off.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by feliciatjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This was my HG for light lotion. Actually i have been interested in this lotion for a long time, since everyone claims that this lotion smells heavenly. So back in 2012 i bought this in a smaller packaging, because i am going to the mountains and no, its impossible to bring my TBS shea whip body lotion because of the bulky packaging.
For the first time, i fell in love with it texture and scent. It is very light lotion (but looks nothing like TBS purees), smells heavenly and fresh (dunno what it is, maybe it smells cucumber with a touch of sweetness), and the plus are it soothes and packed with SPF 15! I always end up applying this (or smelling this) everytime. But my love has changed... When the drydown of the lotion smells nearly plastic to me!! Oh gosh, i can do anything to make it run out faster and went straight to the dustbin. Should i repurchase? Hmm maybe, since it is very cheap. But i still cant forgive the plastic smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

To me this is a so-so lotion. There's nothing amazing about this product, but nothing terrible. It does what it does and it moisturize my hands, legs, and body, but it doesn't heal me. I'll use this product for a month and I forget one day to put lotion on and the next day, it's dry. This product didn't do much, but it makes your skin smooth when you put in on, but when you take it off, it's like it was never there. My skin never healed from this lotion.
The only realize I'll buy this again is my mom buys this and I use this on my face sometimes for my dry spot and it works. Better than on my body. Eh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

I LOVE that this has a pump. It leaves your skin soft and not greasy at all. I almost didn't buy this because at first it has a melon like smell (which I generally hate), but it's subtle, and either way the smell fades very quickly so I don't mind. I use this as a daily moisturizer and sunscreen. A giant bottle of this at Walmart is only $5, I can't complain!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

i got the medium bottle for this because i like pumps but its ok.
the product itself i love it.
smells nice, moisturizing, not oily and it has spf :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will not go out unless I have an SPF 15 body lotion on. Body lotions with SPF are a little difficult to come by, I've noticed. So I was lucky to come across this.
-----------
The scent annoyed me at first, it's very "spring/grassy" smelling. But I actually don't mind it so much anymore. What I most liked about the lotion, though, was that it was not very greasy! Most SPF products can be greasy because of the sunscreen properties, but this was very tolerable! The consistency is pretty thin, so it's easy to cover more surface area more quickly than thicker lotions, yet is still just as moisturizing.
-----------
Overall, I will continue to buy this body lotion over and over again. I have no cons about the product.