Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

3.6

ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] methyl trimethicone [] butylene glycol [] neopentyl glycol diheptanoate [] dimethicone [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] nylon-12 [] silica [] laminaria saccharina extract [] salix alba (willow) bark extract [] aloe barbadensis leaf extract [] cholesterol [] glycerin [] zinc stearate [] peg-10 dimethicone [] caffeine [] lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone [] lecithin [] disteardimonium hectorite [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] tocopheryl acetate [] phenyl trimethicone [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] laureth-7 [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] potassium sorbate [] sorbic acid [] sodium dehydroacetate [] triethyl citrate [] hydroxyapatite [] xanthan gum [] sodium chloride [] alcohol [] dipropylene glycol [] disodium edta [] sodium citrate [] sodium hyaluronate [] nylon-6 [] chlorphenesin [] phenoxyethanol [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] mica]v

on 5/27/2015 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was pleasantly surprised by this foundation - if only it did what it claims to do and stay matte!

This stuff applies like a dream, blends really well and I was so impressed when I first put it on! It gave me that "my skin but better" look, I could apply a second layer to cover my dark pigmentation and acne scars and it still looked really natural. It felt amazing on my skin - I couldn't feel it on my skin, like you can with some foundations.

I was matched to shade 21 (Cream Caramel) which is a touch dark for me (I usually wear Bobbi Brown Golden Honey foundation stick, I'm about NC44-45 in MAC, Estee Lauder intensity 4.0 in Double Wear Light) but it was quite golden/yellow toned so blended in well for me.

The thing that surprised me the most about this foundation is that it lasted ALL DAY. Even on a busy, sweaty full on day when I didn't have time to touch up, I was amazed to see that it was still on my face and still looked as freshly applied as when I put it on!! This foundation doesn't have that long-wear feel so I didn't expect it to last as long as it did and certainly look as incredible.

I love this little squeeze tube packaging - really versatile and handy.

Sadly, the most important feature lets this foundation down - I. Did. Not. Stay. Matte. After application, there was a bit of a natural glow going on, but I ignored it because my skin just looked so beautiful! After about 4 hours, the oil was definitely breaking through and I needed a blot. By the end of the day, even though the foundation was firmly on my place and looked great, I was incredibly oily. So I guess bonus points for my oil not being able to break up this foundation, but I'm still on the hunt for a foundation that won't leave me looking like a greaseball.

Still, because this foundation is so incredible in so many other ways, I'm only taking off one lippie for not keeping me matte! I will continue to finish off the sample that I have, maybe play around with using powder to help with the mattifying (even though it hasn't helped with other foundations, but who knows??). No breakouts on my sensitive skin yet, either. Oh, if only I could get this to stay matte on my skin, I would have found my HG!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My rating for his is mostly due to the fact it's the first foundation I've found in my 23 years of life to match my crazy skin tone! Now, I'm not so impressed with the "oil free" it implies because it does make me slightly oily, but compared to tons of other makeups I've tried this is the least oily one that doesn't get greasy in 20minutes. As long as I set it with a finishing powder it lasts a good time before having to blot with rice paper. I have extremely oily skin. Above all, I truly love the color! It doesn't look like I have makeup that's how good it blends. Not full coverage so if you need to cover scars or acne, do not rely on this, this is light to medium coverage.

on 5/3/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This was another failure on my hunt for the perfect foundation for my oily skin. The first two days with this were fine and it looked like the end of my long and expensive journey. Now, two weeks later, my oil is out of control. I am blotting at least three times a day, and with this foundation, whenever I blot, the foundation comes off with the blot sheets. And after blotting, my face looks cakey and uneven. I am so disappointed with this. I thought it couldn't get any worse. The only pro about this foundation is the packaging. It's easy to control how much you get out with the tube. I guess this may work for some oily women, but not for me. Wouldn't recommend.

on 4/21/2015 2:34:00 AM

Currently have a very oily forehead, and breakouts along there. The MAC face and body has so far been the perfect foundation except for the shine, so while I was at Myers, I tried on the Clinique Stay Matte Foundation in hopes for a mattifying foundation.

Purchased the Sandy Colour, after being matched with a colour. Originally thought it was a bit too orange and dark for me, but the lady reassured me it was fine. Next day, I applied it, there was a huge difference in colour, very dark, however did match my forehead fine. Went out with the foundation anyways, just to see how it is.

My friends could tell my foundation was a shade too orange/dark. HOWEVER, it did keep me matte, good coverage, overall would have been A PERFECT foundation, if the shade was closer to my skin colour. Went back to Myers, got the foundation returned, and instead they gave me the neutral colour sample to try. Since the beige is more pink undertoned. Although the neutral matched my cheeks, it was far too light for my forehead, which is a problem with a lot of foundations. I did find it have a light pink tint to it which I am a bit disappointed with. Plus side, has no SPF so good with photography, just wish there was a stronger yellow tone to their foundations like MAC. This foundation will definately be your HG if you have oily forehead/combination skin, looking for everyday foundation! It does not feel like you have ANYTHING on your skin!! AMAZING, wish they still have the golden neutral colour available, think they discontinued it. Hopefully I can come back to it when there are more colours available!

on 4/12/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION !!!! Finally I found something that works with my skin. I have combination skin with a very very very oily t-zone and nothing helped. I've tried soo many foundations from estee lauder, mac, nars to chanel and nothing satisfied me. But this foundation is literally a miracle!! I have big pores in my t-zone and I swear no primer no foundation helped bluring them away BUT THIS FOUNDATION DID!!! It not only is longlasting on my skin but it also made my pores look soo small! I cant even explain how much I love this foundation!! BUY IT !!!!

on 4/6/2015 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Great foundation. Excellent colour match. Great staying power. Coverage just right - medium. Applies really well with a brush. Love the see through easily portable tube. Expensive in my part of the world but I am prepared to pay for this one. Overall I'm very happy with this foundation ... I've tried alot and this is perfect for my oily skin. A big thumbs up from me!

on 3/30/2015 9:54:00 PM

After being disappointed with my Laura Mercier silk creme foundation (mainly its tone and staying power), I tried this Clinique product, hoping for a more matte finish and natural tone. I have the 01-Linen shade. Color wise, it matches my light-medium skin, with a bit of a yellow undertone. It's really easy to apply with my beauty blender, and covers imperfections really well. Coverage is about a medium in heaviness and doesn't feel like it's clogging my pores.

As for staying matte, it does a good job. My t-zone gets oily by the end of the day, but not to the point where I blot my face. I'm able to put this on in the morning and only have a bit of shine by the end of the day when I'm home from work. I always take my makeup off when I get home, so I don't know how well this would work for 8+ hours.

The only downside is I wish it was a bit less expensive, for the amount you get in the tube. I think I'll be switching to a BB cream for the summer, but will use this foundation for going out/special occasions.

I just bought this two days ago, and I like it a lot so far! I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin. Without makeup, very oily on my nose and some on my chin and between eyebrows. With this foundation, and the stay matte powder,I really have very little oil, unless I'm outside. And I live in south Mississippi; it doesn't get much hotter than that!

Anyway, this foundation doesn't cake, has medium coverage, best with the powder, which I touch up on nose and chin about once throughout the day. It doesn't slide off my face, and looks very natural! It covers my redness and acne well, much better than the Clinique Acne Solutions foundation that I used to use.

It does dry me a bit at first, but as the day goes on, my natural oils blend with it well. I really don't have any complaints, and am glad to have found such a great foundation, finally!

on 3/2/2015 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oily skin girls please read!! This won't work without a primer and not just any primer, one with the same base. The foundation has a water and silicone base, so you need a primer with a water and silicone base. Clinique makes one, however I can't say it will work because I haven't tried it. I used Smashbox photo finish light. The light version has a water/silicone base while the regular is just silicone. I tried 3 silicone based foundations with this foundation and they were not as effective. The light version works really great, it cut down the oil by about 60%. If you are looking for a completely matte finish you just won't get this with the Clinique Stay Matte. However, you will get a healthy glow with the right primer. This honestly is a great foundation I just want everyone to know that it may have not worked for others because they either didn't use a primer or used one that caused the foundation to separate.
What this foundation does great? Easily buildable coverage. It doesn't cake no matter how much you add. It's also very lightweight feeling. It covers my pores better than any foundation I have tried. It's also the first foundation that didn't sit in my wrinkles making them more obvious. It won't break you out either. I had used Estée lauder double wear and broke out worse than a hormonal teenager -- this cleared my skin up!

The only reason this doesn't get 5 lippies is because it doesn't make your skin matte. While its sweat proof and stays in place, it may not be enough to get through these Florida summers without being shiny. I have yet to decide if it will make e final cut but we will see.

Update: the more I use this primer the better the foundation works. My skin has very minimal shine even after being in the humid warm air. Do yourself a favor and combine this foundation with Smashbox's photo finish light. It's worth the extra money!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I use color: Amber. It actually was the first tester I picked up, the SA applied it on my skin and was amazed that I had picked my own shade.

I had been using MAC Studio Fluid for years but, wanted to try something else. I like that this Clinique foundation is very affordable and the coverage is the best! I apply it with a foundation brush and it gives my skin just the right matte appearance. The color match, Amber was spot on! I will definitely be re-purchasing. I already want to get a back up to have on hand.