December 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by julianaq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used vichy's dermablend a couple of years ago when my rosacea was at its peak, now I'm a lot better so I'm shopping for a new foundation with less coverage. So far I've tried the clinique superbalanced -too shiny for me- I like this one better. The stay matte is better suited for my oily skin. The only con is that it makes more visible the thin lines around my eyes, some of those thin lines I didn't even knew I had before I put this on! I put on moisturizer around the eyes (and all over the skin) before the foundation, but still the thin lines appear maximized. I don't like looking like I am 10 years older... so I'm still looking for a foundation that will suit me. I'll try Paula's choice best face forward next with some concealer on my blemishes to see if that works.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good coverage, does help control my oiliness, isn't as expensive as most prestige brands. Stand by in my makeup bag.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is disappointing and frustrating. (I still remember, with longing, the Stay True makeup I used for years and years.) Stay Matte feels heavy to me. It's a siliconey cream, and I think my face just feels better with sheer liquid. Stay Matte does not have a "matte" finish in the way I expected. To me, "matte" means NO SHINE, but this makeup looks "dewy" on me. It doesn't have glitter, so I suppose it's "matte" in that way, but it definietly does not set to a shine-free finish. This does not stop oil breakthrough. At all. In fact, I have to touch up my T-zone more with this foundation than with Superbalanced. Stay Matte sits on top of everything, including oil. If I could have my way I would use this over bare skin, but I have to use sunscreen or my discolorations will go crazy. Perhaps the sunscreen is what ruins the oil-control effect, although that doesn't explain why Superbalanced manages to control oil breakthrough (from sunscreen as well).This provides sheer coverage, and it never seems to "melt into" my skin. If I layer it for more coverage, it looks heavy and too dark. I wear Shade 19 Sand on my NC35 skin. It's an okay match, but I look better with foundation for Golden undertones, and this is Neutral. There isn't a match in my exact shade (Superbalanced Sunny). In Clinique foundations, I much prefer Superbalanced Makeup because it feels so light, and it has a decent match for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This doesn't come in my colour :( I got Skin ID'ed at Sephora but I still went home with a foundation that is yellow-er than my natural tone. It stays on nicely, has a light-medium coverage, and definitely has a matte finish at the end. I don't even need to use powder over top to control oiliness. For some reason, the foundation turns grey on my skin?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation has seriously been heaven sent for me. I've always struggled with having REALLY oily skin, every single foundation I've tried ends up being an oil slick on my face in less than two hours. I was just about ready to give up until a friend of mine told me about Stay Matte - I wish I had known sooner! The foundation itself applies like a dream, full coverage without being cakey. My skin lasts for ~five hours without being shiny, and even when it does get shiny it isn't nearly as bad as it used to be and is easily removed with blotting and a fresh layer of finishing powder. Unfortunately I had to knock it down a lippie because of the colors - a lot of them are WAY too orange and there aren't many options for us yellow-toned skin girls. I use the shade honey, which was the closest match but is still a little too orange for my liking. Nevertheless I will continue using and loving because this is the best foundation I've tried yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It's my new HG! I have very sensitive, combo/oily, acne prone skin and it keeps me matte all day. Even when my natural oils start to break through around the 3 hour mark, my face looks slightly dewy & not like the total grease ball it usually is. The coverage is good---I'd say it's a medium coverage that can easily build up to full. If you have acne like me, this is a godsend because it doesn't cause breakouts or irritate existing acne. I don't have to set it with a powder either because it has a natural matte finish. Amazing foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by xXsharlyXx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

For a sheer coverage this is awesome! covers so well! I have a lot of imperfections and this covers them all. I do use a tiny amount of concealer under eye and on blemishes/scars. I am so happy with this product because of my oily skin it suits me well. I always finish foundation off with a setting powder to help it last all day. I use linen 01 shade, matches my skin tone perfectly. I use a beauty blender sponge to apply this foundation for a lightweight flawless finish. Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a matte finish that lasts. It is expensive so grab a sample before buying the full product ;) love the packaging too so easy to use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I am a fan of some of Clinique's skincare products, but not really of their makeup. So I was hesitant to purchase this foundation, but the price point ($23) was much more attractive than the other foundation I was considering ($60 for Fusion Ink by YSL, which wound up being awful too). I got it in the lightest shade, Linen 01. First, the color is definitely misnamed. It is a funky color that is nothing like linen, and is too dark and orange for my skin (N-NW10-15). I would actually call it peach smoothie, although the foundation itself doesn't apply smoothly. It skids on dry patches and accentuates pores and dry patches and doesn't even adhere to the oily areas. It also doesn't "stay matte"--2 hours maximum and doesn't cover anything. I don't really see the point of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by screambledeggs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm having mixed thoughts about this foundation. It blends nicely, but it's quite easy to look cakey. Transfers like no other, but controls my oils for 3 hours. Had some minor blotting throughout the day. It started fading and became blotchy around 6 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jenniferrallynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My mission was to find an oil free base that wasn't full coverage. Mission Accomplished. I went into Sephora and the SA pointed me to this. She said that she suffered from combo/oily skin as well and this is what she recommended. She applied the Smashbox Primer, the clear kind; my mind is blank on the name currently, and she applied the foundation with the Sephora 55 brush. I love this foundation. I wore this for a solid 8 hours and by the end of it I had a healthy sheen in my t-zone. Great color selection, packaging is simple yet effective. Decent price for being a high end foundation.