January 27, 2015 | 1177 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2015 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ccparra27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the worst oily skin ever!!! All of it is an oil slick and primers...blah..have not found one which won't make me oily and feel like I have caked on gunk. Anyway after my 20's I could not get away with powder foundation anymore and the search for a good foundation began. I was pleased with the Superfit but Clinique discontinued it ugh. Gave the acne control one a try but would end up looking like a grease ball after 3hrs. Finally Clinique came up with the stay matte and holy cow!!! I keep going back. It does not keep me oil free all day but I do get a good 5 hrs dusting on a bit of the Merle Norman Ultra powder foundation and may need to blot to make it to the end of the day. Took off a lippie because the color selection is not the greatest I look tan a year long but I can deal with it since it has been the only foundation to work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

golden neutral is the best match i have ever found for my skintone. im nc25 light-medium with clear olive/yellow undertones. this gave me medium coverage and looked amazing on my skin upon initial application. however after wearing it for 2 days straight i started noticing bumps all over my face. so i stopped wearing makeup for a few days and the bumps went away...tried the foundation again after my skin cleared and the bumps came back. so unfortunate because besides the fact that it breaks me out everything else was perfect....*sigh* back to my search for the "perfect" foundation. also, i want to note that i do wash my face very thoroughly since i'm working on keeping my skin as clear as i can. i use the coconut oil to wash my heavy foundations off. been using this method for almost 8 months now with dif foundations and never has it giving me pimples so i know it isnt because i didnt wash my face thoroughly after wearing the stay matte foundation. 2 stars for being a good foundation however the clogging my pores part is a deal breaker. im sure this will work for those who are lucky enough to not be highly acne prone like i am.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by brunette

This has become my hg foundation, looking flawless when applied with a damp beautyblender-type sponge. I find the sponge absorbs too much product with some foundations but this one is a good fit. It's a medium-to-full coverage on me which I need when I have post-Retin-A redness. It stays matte and looks natural. I switched from L'Oreal True Match which was my favorite for years, to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by julianaq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried the clinique superbalanced but it was too shiny for me, I like the Stay Matte better, it's better suited for my oily skin. The color 7-cream chamois, was a good match for me. The only con is that as my skin gets drier in winter time this emphasizes the dry parts of my skin and it makes more visible the thin lines around my eyes, some of those thin lines I didn't even knew I had! I use moisturizer before but it's still not working, I don't like looking like I am 10 years older, I returned it... Maybe I'll give this a try in the summer but right now I'm still looking for a foundation that will suit me for winter time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good coverage, does help control my oiliness, isn't as expensive as most prestige brands. Stand by in my makeup bag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This doesn't come in my colour :( I got Skin ID'ed at Sephora but I still went home with a foundation that is yellow-er than my natural tone. It stays on nicely, has a light-medium coverage, and definitely has a matte finish at the end. I don't even need to use powder over top to control oiliness. For some reason, the foundation turns grey on my skin?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation has seriously been heaven sent for me. I've always struggled with having REALLY oily skin, every single foundation I've tried ends up being an oil slick on my face in less than two hours. I was just about ready to give up until a friend of mine told me about Stay Matte - I wish I had known sooner! The foundation itself applies like a dream, full coverage without being cakey. My skin lasts for ~five hours without being shiny, and even when it does get shiny it isn't nearly as bad as it used to be and is easily removed with blotting and a fresh layer of finishing powder. Unfortunately I had to knock it down a lippie because of the colors - a lot of them are WAY too orange and there aren't many options for us yellow-toned skin girls. I use the shade honey, which was the closest match but is still a little too orange for my liking. Nevertheless I will continue using and loving because this is the best foundation I've tried yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It's my new HG! I have very sensitive, combo/oily, acne prone skin and it keeps me matte all day. Even when my natural oils start to break through around the 3 hour mark, my face looks slightly dewy & not like the total grease ball it usually is. The coverage is good---I'd say it's a medium coverage that can easily build up to full. If you have acne like me, this is a godsend because it doesn't cause breakouts or irritate existing acne. I don't have to set it with a powder either because it has a natural matte finish. Amazing foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by xXsharlyXx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

For a sheer coverage this is awesome! covers so well! I have a lot of imperfections and this covers them all. I do use a tiny amount of concealer under eye and on blemishes/scars. I am so happy with this product because of my oily skin it suits me well. I always finish foundation off with a setting powder to help it last all day. I use linen 01 shade, matches my skin tone perfectly. I use a beauty blender sponge to apply this foundation for a lightweight flawless finish. Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a matte finish that lasts. It is expensive so grab a sample before buying the full product ;) love the packaging too so easy to use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I am a fan of some of Clinique's skincare products, but not really of their makeup. So I was hesitant to purchase this foundation, but the price point ($23) was much more attractive than the other foundation I was considering ($60 for Fusion Ink by YSL, which wound up being awful too). I got it in the lightest shade, Linen 01. First, the color is definitely misnamed. It is a funky color that is nothing like linen, and is too dark and orange for my skin (N-NW10-15). I would actually call it peach smoothie, although the foundation itself doesn't apply smoothly. It skids on dry patches and accentuates pores and dry patches and doesn't even adhere to the oily areas. It also doesn't "stay matte"--2 hours maximum and doesn't cover anything. I don't really see the point of it.