Cetaphil Dermacontrol OIl Control Foam Wash

3.3

Water, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Glycerin, PEG 75, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Benzoate, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA

on 4/30/2015 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The BEST cleanser i have ever used- it is hands down my favourite.
I am pretty lucky with naturally clear skin but my doctor recommended this cleanser to use with my perioral dermatitis around my nose. Within a week of using the cleanser, the dermatitis wasnt half as angry as it was and didnt sting like normal. The cleanser also cleared up the redness and blemishes I had on my lower cheeks.
I love how this product is a foam as oppose to a gel or cream. It is fun to pump out the bubbles and the foam reacts really well with my sensitive skin.
The foam makes it really easy to massage into your skin and easy to wash off. Best of all it doesnt leave any residue like I've found many other cleansers to do. It leaves your skin feeling soothed and clean.
I have tried tons of cleansers but this is my absolute favourite, I have friends who also use the product and we all recommend it to anyone - we love it!

on 4/19/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVEEEEE!! BUY IT I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! I was having such bad acne all over my cheeks, chin and forhead and i had tried so much home remedies and just pretty much everything BUT I FOUND THIS! I'll never ever use anything else again, yes it does dry out your skin but i just started to put bio oil after i used it and i just love it

on 3/30/2015 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily skin reason why I bought this but it drys up my skin. The first time I used it felt great. It was all tingly and my skin felt and looked clean. Then as time gone by my skin started to get dry. Don't buy it. it also didn't help with my whiteheads either it just made my skin feel dry. I felt it made my skin worse cause it looks dry. I didn't like. I also felt like it gave me more whiteheads. This was so expensive at CVS I would buy it somewhere else like Walmart.

on 2/20/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Love this stuff. I use it every morning and evening along with the dermacontrol SPF moisturizer- and what a combo. I started using Epiduo and I needed an every day cleanser that would work fine with my super sensitive skin. This is the one! Easy to use, love the foaming aspect of it, and you get quite a bit of product. I'm not sure if it really helped with oil control because I AM using Epiduo along with it.

on 1/9/2015 11:03:00 PM

After struggling with forehead, chin, and cheek acne... which is practically my whole face for a couple of years... I used everything from pro-activ to clearisil. After finally visiting a respected dermatologist she told me to use the Cetaphil foam wash. It's been over a year since using it and it has completely changed my skin. I no longer have scattered acne, but the occasional random single pimple once a month. It leaves your skin leaving soft. I saw an interview not to long ago where Celebrity, Pharrell Williams, admitted that Cetaphil is his secret to his amazing skin. (Look him up in Google images, his skin is super clear.)

on 11/14/2014 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was recommended by my dermatologist and I must say, this product works well. After washing my face with it, my skin feels smooth. It also somehow reduced my oily skin. Works well with acne products too. But it's a little pricey.

I was given a sample due to oiliness, but I find that it dries out too much overtime. Okay for use some of the time but not everyday. Smells great.

on 10/4/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is definitely my go-to cleanser! Have been using it for several years, and even when I try other products I always end up coming back to this.

The pros:
- Has a very clean feeling, and the foam formulation makes it feel a little less heavy on the skin than Cetaphil's other cleansers.
- Always leaves my skin looking and feeling clean
- Doesn't clog my pores or break me out, which is great since I have pretty sensitive skin.
- The bottle looks a little small, but it usually lasts me for several months.

The cons:
- Only thing I can think of is the price. It's a little expensive for a drug store brand, but it's well worth it.

on 9/13/2014 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

This is easily my favorite every day cleanser for my normally oily skin. I started using this on a doctor's recommendation after getting laser surgery on my face. It's basically just a foam cleanser that comes in a white bottle with a convenient purple pump. It's very gentle and soothing on the face and is surprisingly good at removing most makeup (although logically, if you have waterproof mascara on, first remove it with a wp-makeup remover and then cleanse).

It keeps my skin relatively dry for quite some time afterwards, especially in my problematic t-zone area, and leaves it a nice blank slate for when i want to apply makeup. If you're going out, definitely follow it up afterwards with a moisturizer formulated for oily skin, whether it be the Cetaphil oil control moisturizer with SPF (for me, that one doesn't work so well on my skin) or another. This is especially important to do during the winter months if you live in an area that gets cold, as you can start to suffer from drying if you aren't careful. If you regularly suffer from dry spots or have semi-dry skin or just plain dry skin, do not even think about using this. It will dry your skin out even more.

on 7/9/2014 9:46:00 PM

This was the first cleanser i tried i heard it was really good but it just didnt do me any good. Its my backup cleanser if i run out of my other one, but honestly it doesnt really help.