December 20, 2014 | 1130 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Dermacontrol OIl Control Foam Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by diosa55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was recommended by my dermatologist and I must say, this product works well. After washing my face with it, my skin feels smooth. It also somehow reduced my oily skin. Works well with acne products too. But it's a little pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Beautyinabottle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was given a sample due to oiliness, but I find that it dries out too much overtime. Okay for use some of the time but not everyday. Smells great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by aprice2017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is definitely my go-to cleanser! Have been using it for several years, and even when I try other products I always end up coming back to this.

The pros:
- Has a very clean feeling, and the foam formulation makes it feel a little less heavy on the skin than Cetaphil's other cleansers.
- Always leaves my skin looking and feeling clean
- Doesn't clog my pores or break me out, which is great since I have pretty sensitive skin.
- The bottle looks a little small, but it usually lasts me for several months.

The cons:
- Only thing I can think of is the price. It's a little expensive for a drug store brand, but it's well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by AnaPana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This is easily my favorite every day cleanser for my normally oily skin. I started using this on a doctor's recommendation after getting laser surgery on my face. It's basically just a foam cleanser that comes in a white bottle with a convenient purple pump. It's very gentle and soothing on the face and is surprisingly good at removing most makeup (although logically, if you have waterproof mascara on, first remove it with a wp-makeup remover and then cleanse).

It keeps my skin relatively dry for quite some time afterwards, especially in my problematic t-zone area, and leaves it a nice blank slate for when i want to apply makeup. If you're going out, definitely follow it up afterwards with a moisturizer formulated for oily skin, whether it be the Cetaphil oil control moisturizer with SPF (for me, that one doesn't work so well on my skin) or another. This is especially important to do during the winter months if you live in an area that gets cold, as you can start to suffer from drying if you aren't careful. If you regularly suffer from dry spots or have semi-dry skin or just plain dry skin, do not even think about using this. It will dry your skin out even more.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Daryai123

This was the first cleanser i tried i heard it was really good but it just didnt do me any good. Its my backup cleanser if i run out of my other one, but honestly it doesnt really help.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by gymnast29

I started using this cleanser a week ago, the sample package with the moisterizer, and I'm not thrilled about it. I use a Mary Kay cleanser normally, and LOVE IT, and when I tried this, it felt weird and tight. When I first opened the pumped the product out, it felt very light and foamy, but when I put it on my face, the foam went away and the product dried on my face! In order for that not to happen, you have to be quick. Also, this cleanser is good for taking off little, not waterproof makeup, but is too light for a normal amount of makeup. When I finish this product, I'm going to go back to my other cleanser. This product reminds me of my first cleanser I had, by Clean and Clear that burned my face. In fact, make sure you don't get thos product in your eye, it HURTS. The last thing I'm going to say is this product doesn't smell the best...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by viaustria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was recommended by my dermatologist since I occasionally have oiliness, extremely sensitive skin, and have been responding well to Cetaphil products. I was given a sample to try.

I was intrigued and excited to use a foam facial wash. The product felt light in my hands as I pumped some out, but the results were not what I expected. Rather than having a clear face, I started to breakout. I used the product for a few days and noticed that the pimples were not going away. I understand and have been told that 'it gets worse before it gets better'. I like seeing quick results, so I stopped using this product and went back to my former facial wash (Cetaphil Restoradorm Skin Restoring Body Wash). My face dramatically got better.

I had high hopes for this face wash, but I will not be purchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Kdefrain

I absolutely love this cleanser. It doesn't burn like every other product that I have tried, and it leaves my face feeling so clean and tight. I apply it to my wet face and make sure it's evenly distributed and then go over my face with my Clarisonic. This has helped me so much at keeping my breakouts at bay. I have stopped using it for the time being because I am trying the oil cleansing method. If that ends up failing, there is no doubt that I will be repurchasing this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Gucciandglitter

I use this sometimes in the morning and to remove my make up and I really like this cleanser. I've used this cleanser for about 6 months. It doesn't break me out, and it's good to use with the moisturizer that comes along with it, which I don't use though because it burns my eyes. But anyway, this cleanser is gentle and is good at removing make up. I like that it comes with a pump! It's well priced and I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by juliaroyer16

I use this with the moisturizer that is made to go with it, and I love it! This cleanser comes in an 8 fluid ounce bottle, and usually about 3 pumps of the foam will clean all of the makeup off my face. It costed about $10, and has lasted for several months, so it's worth the money. It's very gentle, which is so nice for my skin because of all of the harsh topical products I have to use. The smell is different, but light and clean, so I like it. I will buy this again!!