November 23, 2014 | 1038 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Havana

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Ellety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Havana at a nearby CCO for $18. (Which is the most I've ever paid for a single e/s) I believe they went for about $20 when they were first released.

I have tons of e/s and never am loyal to one. But Havana is different than anyother e/s I own. It is silky feeling and the e/s feels almost airy in the pan. I use this e/s more than any other e/s!

When I apply it, it is a gorgeous antique gold on my deep skin. My favorite part is that HAvana looks like a different color depending on what part of the lid it lies on. I just put it from my inner lid to my outer lid and it looks like I smoked out the outer part of my eye. I LOVE THAT!! I use this whenever I'm in a hurry and don't have time to create a whole eye look for the day.

Even though I initially thought it was expensive when i bought, I use it more than any e/s! I woulda paid full price plus a backup.

***lil heads up*** Don't try to depot these, I hear they only have a net bottom to the e/s and extra dimension skinfinishes.

hopefully this helps you MUBs!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

$24 Canadian for the large sized shadow (similar in size to the Pro Longwear and Mega Metal/Peacocky pans) so a good value for a LOT of product. Mind you, since I have never even hit pan on a single MAC shadow, I would probably be happier to have a SMALLER amount at a lower price, but MAC seems to be moving toward these larger shadow pans in several recent collections.

This shadow is from MAC's Extra Dimension collection. I really wanted the shade Modern Pewter but they were sold out of it. I was really disappointed and sort of "in the mood" to buy something from this line, as I wanted to try this new formulation. Of the 4 or 5 shades left, Havana was the only one that appealed to me. I have so many bronzey brown shadows that I was a bit luke-warm about buying this until I swatched it and then swatched Twinks, Sable and Tempting alongside and realized this was very different indeed. It's not as reddish brown as I'd feared it would be from a lot of the descriptions I've read at various blogs; rather, it is a beautiful rich golden bronze brown, a bit similar to Burning Ambition when you look at them in the pans but this applies so differently - almost like "liquid molten gold" (though it's not totally gold - it's brown).

The shadow itself seems a bit odd and I'm still experimenting with the best way to apply it. When I use a brush, it leaves the surface of the shadow looking like there is some sort of "overspray" that is coming off but I think it's just the way the bristles "rough up" the surface. I might call my MAC counter to ask what brush they recommend. I actually like this applied with my finger but I don't want residual oil to perhaps wreck the surface over time.

Considering that I didn't really want this colour, it is a happy accident that I ended up getting it because it's lovely. Good pigmentation, unique (I think) colour, good wear (I use a base but I think these are supposed to last even worn without one). Definitely a really good shadow to add to your collection if you can still get it (oddly, it is sold out online and yet Modern Pewter, which sold out very quickly at my local MAC, the SA said, is still available and I just might order it).