April 18, 2014 | 1346 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Oil Free Supreme Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by rallu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had the 15% Sephora coupon and was determined to find the perfect foundation. After spending a lot of time with one of the Sephora ladies to find a good color match she recomended this one in Warm Ivory. The color was a perfect match and decided to buy it because she said it's a very good foundation. First time I used it with a brush and the finish was patchy and uneven and around my chin looked hideous. The color was a little bit dark and orangey too (maybe because I couldn't blend it well)... I thought maybe it's my skin and exfoliated, moisturized really well and gave it a second try with my beauty blender. Same results....yucky blotchy patchy uneven skin. I won't give it a third try and I'm going to return this as soon as posible. I got a new pimple on my cheeck too but maybe it's just a coincidence.
What a waste of coupon....

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HELLO, CLOG CENTRAL!

I used this foundation only ONCE and I had cystic acne breakout the very next day. How do I know it's this that caused my breakout? Well, I only wore this foundation on my chin area. And that's exactly the only area that broke out. Who cares if there's no oil or silicones in this? It's full of other highly comedogenic and irritating ingredients. I should have known better. But I was sold by the hype. I would give this a zero rating if I could.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by jessmartinez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE FOUNDATION! It looked so cakey. It was completely blotchy. At first for like the first minute it looks nice, but then it starts to crease and look bad on the skin. Unfortunately, I lost the receipt and was not able to return it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by HayNars

Worse foundation ever!!!!!

This was my first time trying any Laura Mercier products. I purchased this foundation from Sephora and got home and tried it out. I did the usual (wash face, moisturize) I did not use primer to test the staying power - but I didn't even get that far! I applied this foundation with a makeup brush ( I never use my fingers) and immediately noticed it to be a thin coverage, yet a thick texture. After blending foundation on entire face, I noticed it was very dry, splotchy and uneven coverage on multiple areas. In fact, after looking at my face and feeling like Holy Cow I spent $45 on this ?? ?? I asked my boyfriend and his response was OH MY GOD followed by a disgusted face and the phrase "Is that clown makeup???"
I have combo/oily skin. Pimple here or there.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been looking for something to replace my Lancôme Teint Miracle. I did some research online and found several sites that recommended this as being very good for oily skin. But I wanted to try a sample before shelling out $45. Boy am I glad I did.

The SA matched me to Sunny Beige and it was a good match as far as color. But that's about it. This foundation just didn't work for me. I overheard an SA tell another customer that Laura Mercier recommends applying this makeup with your fingers or a sponge rather than a brush to get better coverage. I usually apply my foundation with my fingers anyway, so that wasn't a problem for me.

However, I really didn't like this foundation. It settled into the flaws on my face and made them even more noticeable. I was expecting to have more of a natural finish, but to me, it's more of a matte finish. It was too matte for me. Also, the coverage isn't that great. After applying a single layer, you could still see the redness through the makeup. Applying a second layer turns it into a thick, cakey, mess. I felt like I was wearing a mask.

Also, this foundation is extremely hard to blend. It dries VERY quickly, even if you work in sections.I do know from the tester that it doesn't come with a pump. I prefer foundation, especially high end foundation that comes with a pump or at least a nozzle. But this just had a regular glass bottle.

I tried this foundation a couple of different times, and just couldn't get it work for me. I can't really comment on the staying power because I removed it shortly after applying it both times I tried it. I didn't even finish the sample. This makeup just didn't work for me, and I will not be purchasing a full-size bottle. I'm glad I tried it, but it just wasn't for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible horrible foundation!! This looks so terrible on the skin! I had to immediately wash it off it looked so bad. It has literally NO COVERAGE at all. It does not make your skin look smooth, it makes it look patchy, greasy and awful looking. DO NO WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Tatertot35

I had been searching for a good foundation on my skin that wasn't stiff, cheap, and from a drug store. This product was it! I got a sample at Sephora and when I brought it home to try on it was perfect. It's super smooth and a little goes a long way so you get what you pay for it. My skin is still recovering from MAC foundation which made me break out horribly, but it's looking a lot better since I started using this foundation. Super light as not to clog pores. Would buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This settled into and emphasized every little line on my face. I have mature combination skin and think this would work best for someone young and oily. By young I mean no lines at all. I have fine lines and this looked really bad on me. I felt like I looked about 10 years older than I did bare- faced right before I appled it. I tried it with an LM primer, a Lorac primer and a Prescriptives primer as well as just over moisturizer. Nothing worked.
It dries really quickly so you need to work fast with a sponge or your fingers or you will be patchy/ streaky.
I bought this hoping to find something to use in lieu of my HG foundation Prescriptives Virtual Skin foundation because I am in between shades in summer( when I get a little color) in that line. I think I may resort to mixing shades of it.
I tend to like LM products so this was a big disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by caralalala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have acne-prone skin so I had to be super careful with picking the right foundation that won't cause my skin to break out and also would have a full coverage since I have acne scars and some redness too. I got this in Golden Beige and I'd say this really helped cover my scars and also made my face look almost flawless. I love it because it does not cause me pimples (even when I forget to wash my face before I sleep with it still on, the next days I don't break out at all) haha. I apply it minutes after I put on my moisturizer. It feels like I didn't put any foundation on, it feels so light on my skin. However, you have to wait for it to set for quite some time and if it's super hot (like in a tropical country hot) outside, it has a slight tendency to sort of come off (but I guess that's because I don't use powder to set it after). But I love it, just have to learn how to blend/spread it properly, it's not thaaat easy to spread. Sort of pricey but better than buying a cheaper one and then get pimples after just one use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Laski

This is one of the worst foundations I ever tried. Fortunately, I only had a sample, and though I have some product left, I won´t use it up. The reason: No matter how I tried to apply it (with my fingers, with the beautyblender, with primer underneath): It just comes out patchy like nothing I´ve ever seen before. Hard to spread and impossible, at least on my skin, to get it even.