August 22, 2014 | 1707 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Oil Free Supreme Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by bcb1107

For the record, I have combo skin that is a little on the drier side in winter. I was looking for something that wouldn't end up making me look greasy for summer, and I really didn't want to have to use a finishing powder. I ended up really liking this fdn, but there are a few things you need to know before purchasing:

As you can see from the reviews, this fdn is a bit tricky to apply, so definitely get a sample first. I have found that using a slightly more damp than usual Beautyblender worked great for me. Using the little Sephora tester sponges dry made for a horrible application. I also had pretty good luck using finger application so long as I had a primer underneath, and I patted it on as opposed to rubbing. Brush application was so-so (kabuki brush did better for me than more traditional fdn brushes). I didn't use a primer for the BB application.

You will probably want to use a primer underneath. I like Benefit's Pore Perfector and Lancome's Visionaire primers.

This fdn does set very quickly. It may help to mix in a little bit of a light moisturizer if you are finding it a little too hard to work with.

What I really liked about this fdn:

It offered nice coverage without looking like a mask.

It kept me from looking shiny for several hours but didn't look too flat (I used no finishing powder). After about 9 hours I needed only a light blotting. If it looks a little flat for your liking I found that a little Guerlain Meteorites works wonders on it.

I didn't experience much transfer onto clothes, etc with this one.

No breakouts so far after about a week.

Would I purchase this? Yes, I'm planning to buy it next time I can get out shopping, as it seems to be a very good summer fdn for me (I think I would need something a bit more forgiving moisture-wise in the winter however).

PS - Vanilla Beige is my perfect summer shade. If this shade works for you but the foundation didn't, check out Givenchy's Photoperfexion in Perfect Pecan. Another excellent fdn. It only became my second favorite because I had to blot it a little bit more than the LM.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this foundation and would not spread no matter how I applied it!. Once I layered it up my skin looked like mud was on my face it just didn't apply properly, came off all patchy and I couldn't work with it. Colours aren't too bad but unless you have really oily skin I would probably say steer clear x

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Totski

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at Sephora last week in my never ending search for the best foundation for my specific needs - yellow, medium, transfer-resistant, long-lasting, postpones shiny breakthrough as long as possible. This LM foundation in Sunny Beige is a perfect match t my MAC NC27 skin. Other than that, it is difficult to blend in and tends to cake even with light application. Yesterday I used a damp beauty blender. Today, I used a dry flat-topped kabuki brush. I also wore primer today but didn't yesterday. It still didn't spread too well. It's been about 3.5 hours since application and it is gone from the sides of my nose. I've heard of foundation sliding off but never experienced it till now. Terrible foundation for me. The one lipstick is for the shade match.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've heard great things of Laura Mercier foundations, so I got this oil free one. The coverage is amazing. Provides medium -full coverage. The shade I got was in Tawny beige and it was perfect. The only problem I have with this is once water touches the foundation it is completely gone. Water on this foundation is Its kryptonite. When wearing this foundation you cannot absolutely get it wet. Applying powder doesn't help at all. Everything was great except for its staying power.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I had the 15% Sephora coupon and was determined to find the perfect foundation. After spending a lot of time with one of the Sephora ladies to find a good color match she recomended this one in Warm Ivory. The color was a perfect match and decided to buy it because she said it's a very good foundation. First time I used it with a brush and the finish was patchy and uneven and around my chin looked hideous. The color was a little bit dark and orangey too (maybe because I couldn't blend it well)... I thought maybe it's my skin and exfoliated, moisturized really well and gave it a second try with my beauty blender. Same results....yucky blotchy patchy uneven skin. I won't give it a third try and I'm going to return this as soon as posible. I got a new pimple on my cheeck too but maybe it's just a coincidence.
What a waste of coupon....

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HELLO, CLOG CENTRAL!

I used this foundation only ONCE and I had cystic acne breakout the very next day. How do I know it's this that caused my breakout? Well, I only wore this foundation on my chin area. And that's exactly the only area that broke out. Who cares if there's no oil or silicones in this? It's full of other highly comedogenic and irritating ingredients. I should have known better. But I was sold by the hype. I would give this a zero rating if I could.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by jessmartinez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE FOUNDATION! It looked so cakey. It was completely blotchy. At first for like the first minute it looks nice, but then it starts to crease and look bad on the skin. Unfortunately, I lost the receipt and was not able to return it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by HayNars

Worse foundation ever!!!!!

This was my first time trying any Laura Mercier products. I purchased this foundation from Sephora and got home and tried it out. I did the usual (wash face, moisturize) I did not use primer to test the staying power - but I didn't even get that far! I applied this foundation with a makeup brush ( I never use my fingers) and immediately noticed it to be a thin coverage, yet a thick texture. After blending foundation on entire face, I noticed it was very dry, splotchy and uneven coverage on multiple areas. In fact, after looking at my face and feeling like Holy Cow I spent $45 on this ?? ?? I asked my boyfriend and his response was OH MY GOD followed by a disgusted face and the phrase "Is that clown makeup???"
I have combo/oily skin. Pimple here or there.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been looking for something to replace my Lancôme Teint Miracle. I did some research online and found several sites that recommended this as being very good for oily skin. But I wanted to try a sample before shelling out $45. Boy am I glad I did.

The SA matched me to Sunny Beige and it was a good match as far as color. But that's about it. This foundation just didn't work for me. I overheard an SA tell another customer that Laura Mercier recommends applying this makeup with your fingers or a sponge rather than a brush to get better coverage. I usually apply my foundation with my fingers anyway, so that wasn't a problem for me.

However, I really didn't like this foundation. It settled into the flaws on my face and made them even more noticeable. I was expecting to have more of a natural finish, but to me, it's more of a matte finish. It was too matte for me. Also, the coverage isn't that great. After applying a single layer, you could still see the redness through the makeup. Applying a second layer turns it into a thick, cakey, mess. I felt like I was wearing a mask.

Also, this foundation is extremely hard to blend. It dries VERY quickly, even if you work in sections.I do know from the tester that it doesn't come with a pump. I prefer foundation, especially high end foundation that comes with a pump or at least a nozzle. But this just had a regular glass bottle.

I tried this foundation a couple of different times, and just couldn't get it work for me. I can't really comment on the staying power because I removed it shortly after applying it both times I tried it. I didn't even finish the sample. This makeup just didn't work for me, and I will not be purchasing a full-size bottle. I'm glad I tried it, but it just wasn't for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible horrible foundation!! This looks so terrible on the skin! I had to immediately wash it off it looked so bad. It has literally NO COVERAGE at all. It does not make your skin look smooth, it makes it look patchy, greasy and awful looking. DO NO WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!!